Chapter Three

No More Dream

Warning: Mention of an in this chapter. Nothing happens dw, but i had to mention it bc Yoongi was writing "War Of Hormone", and i wanted to express the 'hormone' part lmao. 

 

 

~~~~~~

 

 

Time was shifting steadily forward, and Yoongi was still having a bad case of writers block. The neon numbers on his  clock read 3:34 AM. 

 

He rubbed his eyes as he stared at the old notebook on the desk in front of him, trying in vain to produce some lyrics. Any lyrics. 

 

"Hyung..." Yoongi looked up when he was interrupted to see Mark stood at his door hesitantly. 

 

Smiling gently, Yoongi gestured for the younger to enter. "What's wrong, Mark? Why aren't you in bed?" 

 

Slowly, Mark walked into Yoongis studio, his hair sticking up messily and his eyes tired. 

His expression was a mixture of nervousness and shyness. 

 

"Did you have another bad dream, hm?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow. 

Mark nodded. 

 

Yoongi grunted as he left his seat, opening a cupboard and pulling out a pillow and a blanket and ushering Mark to lie on the large bean bag chair that sat in the corner of the room. 

 

Mark followed Yoongis mumbles and lay down, allowing yoongi to pass him the pillow and lay the blanket over his body. 

 

"Thank you, hyung." Mark whispered out, noting that the pillow smelled vaguely of Yoongis shampoo. 

 

The older man grunted out his response as he sat back down, continuing to think about his lyrics. 

 

Honestly, Yoongi had just about had it with this album. 

He, Namjoon and Hoseok had worked so hard with each other and many producers to make this album good, and a part of Yoongi felt disappointed in himself that he couldn't even write one more song. 

 

"This is our first full album hyung," Namjoon told him earlier today. "It needs to be a good one." 

 

Yoongi groaned. He was getting nowhere. 

 

"write about something that inspires you."

Yoongi reminds himself of the words which Bang PD had spoken to him. 

 

Suddenly, Yoongi was interrupted by a small gasp. 

He turned in his chair, eyes falling on Marks sleeping form. 

 

The younger was trembling slightly, his breathing rapid and loud, as if he was distressed. 

 

His eyes remained closed. 

 

Yoongi stood up, making his way over to Mark and kneeling next to his face. 

 

"Mark, wake up," Yoongi tenderly touched Marks shoulder. "You're okay Mark, You're safe here." 

 

Marks eyes snapped open, glittering with unshed tears. 

He sat up slowly, trying to catch his breath as Yoongi rubbed his back in an attempt to soothe him. 

"It's okay Mark," Yoongi wiped a tear from Marks cheek. "You're okay now." 

 

Mark nodded, rubbing his eyes. 

 

Yoongi pulled Mark up out of the bean bag, leading him over to his desk and sitting down. 

 

"Come here, Mark." Yoongis rough voice called to the younger, who stood awkwardly beside his hyung. 

 

Much to his surprise, Yoongi pulled Mark onto his lap, Reaching over to grab the half full water bottle that was stood next to his notebook and unscrewing the lid. 

 

"Have some water." Yoongi held the bottle to Marks lips and feeling satisfied when the younger began to drink. 

 

That was one thing Yoongi liked about Mark; he never argued. 

 

When Mark was finished drinking, Yoongi pushed his fringe away from his face. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Yoongi asked. 

 

As always, Mark answered the same - with a shake of his head. 

 

 Yoongi nodded. Mark lay his head against Yoongis shoulder, and before long, Yoongi felt the steady breathing against his neck, signalling that Mark was asleep once again. 

 

Yoongi smiled down at Mark gently, noticing the sliver of a collar bone that was peeping out of the neck of Marks sweater. 

 

 

It's completely ridiculous 

how beautiful you are. 

 

As beautiful as an ocean. 

 

 

Yoongi turned his attention away from Mark and back to his desk, trying his best to not think about the fact that Marks perky little was right above his.... 

 

Yoongi coughed. 

 

"Dead puppies, Dead puppies, Dead puppies....."

Yoongi muttered to himself as he willed away the beginning of an . 

 

He stopped. 

 

 

 

 

Write about what inspires you. 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

A/N 

 

i'm sorry that this was such a short chapter after such a long wait. 

 

I stopped writing this fic bc i honestly ran out ideas, but now it's all coming back to me, so hopefully i will be able to write more frequently. 

 

Also, I'm sorry that the time jumps quiet quickly. Hopefully once the plot picks up a little more it will slow down a bit.

 

Thank you for putting up with me haha. 

 

pls comment ur thoughts below!!!