New Friends

Runaway Daughters

Ayeong and Yiseul followed Kyungil and Sihyeong for what felt like hours. As the sun was coming up over the mountains, they found themselves at an old, worn down estate, far away from everyone and everything. A tall, tan man with large eyes was sitting on the steps of the small courtyard. “Kyungil hyung, Sihyeong….and….ladies?” He raised an eyebrow at Ayeong and Yiseul. “I thought the order was for us to just take a small amount of money from them… Not that I’m complaining, but they need to go back now.” Kyungil laughed and shook his head, “Ah~ Dokyun they followed us, you can’t force them to leave, they’re my guests.” He said as he walked up to the front door of the house, leaning into the doorway, “Yijeong, I’m home.” Kyungil said in a sing-song voice. A young, lanky boy sauntered out. Ruffling up his hair he yawned, “It’s about time too. You got my money?” He said with a glare. Kyungil smirked as Sihyeong held up the bag, “It’s all there, baby.” Dokyun started to pace a bit staring at the girls, “I’m telling you they can’t stay here! We’re already risking our lives here, but these girls? If they’re seriously daughters of that magistrate then we might as well be dead!” Ayeong blinked watching the tall man, before standing in front of him; reaching up she patted his head gently, “There there, if you worry too much, your hair will turn white before you know it.” Dokyun stared at Ayeong in surprise before huffing softly and looking away.

A fifth man, shorter than the rest but equally as handsome, shuffled out of the house, rubbing an eye. “Dokyun, Kyungil, what’s all the noise out here? Some of us are trying to sleep like normal human beings.” Yiseul stepped forward, eyes wide as she looked at the man. “You’re…..you work in the market…” she said softly. The man stopped in his tracks and looked up. “The magistrate's daughter? The magistrate’s daughter! What is she do-...what are you doing here? It’s dangerous for a lady to be in the mountains!” He proclaimed, glaring at Kyungil who was deep in conversation with Yijeong. Yiseul looked over at Ayeong, “I came because I was looking for my sister. I didn’t know you lived all the way up here sir.” She said shyly. The man smiled, “You can call me Jaeho. I’m sorry for all of the trouble, but I’m not sure you can stay….I can take you back home on my way into town.”

Ayeong snorted hearing Jaeho and stopped petting Dokyun’s head for a moment, “She won’t...cause if she goes back without me...you sir. You will be putting everyone here in trouble, and there is no way I’m going back there! Not while those dirty minded men are there…” The man called Yijeong detached himself from Kyungil and walked over to Jaeho, patting him on the shoulder, “I don’t mind having some women around. They wanna be here then that’s fine. Besides, the place could use a feminine touch. It’s starting to stink of men around here anyway.” He grinned then bowed towards the girls, “Name’s Yijeong. It’s my honor to welcome you to our humble abode.” Ayeong bowed back, smiling brightly at Yijeong, “I’m Ayeong and this is my sister Yiseul. We’re friends of Kyungil.” Kyungil looked surprised to hear the term friend, but he chose not to say anything. Yijeong simply laughed, “My Kyungil? I didn’t know he had friends. Well, make yourselves at home.”