Take A Breath

Russian Roulette
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was dark and smoke was everywhere, a slim figure was hardly spotted at the entrance. A black haired boy was standing there almost not breathing, looking at that one table where everyone else was looking.

Two men were looking at a revolver between them putted in the table where they were sitting.  Everyone focused on them, the bravest one took it first, it's a game after all and one needed to start it. He took a breath and smiled in confidence as he seemed to be sure that there was no way the bullet will came out in his turn. So he pulled the trigger. 

Someone chuckled in a corner, as if he expected what'll happen. Only white hair was visible as the whole place wasn't really eclaired.

It ended faster than expected. 

He shot himself. It was his luck, and he wasn't that lucky. He died in the laps of a second. It didn't seem painful, he just died.

The slim boy who was still at the entrance held his breathe, it was his first time there, trying his luck, funny as how he's never been lucky yet he is done with life so even death doesn't matter at the moment. The black haired boy was determinated to end his life.

I'm not lucky and i've never been so and i'll just get the bullet, he thought. 

He didn't know that he already caught someone's attention.

Someone with cold eyes, someone who seems to be a winner, someone who wasn't playing yet was standing in the dark corner for a reason or another.

He was shaking, where was his courage?

Fade away.

His turn was coming soon, only two more people before he gets to sit in the same table and play with death.

Fear hits him, his blood was boiling, but he was already there and it was his turn to go. He was breathing heavily, then suddenly he stopped. He was short of breathe, but managed to sit in the chair.

Someone else was sitting in front of him, a midle aged man who's face said a lot. He might have money issues or maybe has been cheated on? It didn't matter anymore he was there to play, he seemed new as he was shaking in fear just like the younger who looked like a kid.

"What's a kid doing here?" Asked a voice from behind.

"I'm 20" he just said.

The others kept looking at him, betting that he would't came out alive, laughing at how stupid can a kid be to come to death with his own legs.

"I bet he'll win" The man who was in the corner finally spoke as he kept glancing at the younger. 

Everyone looked at him in aw, he only bets on the most unpredictable things, wins and always come out alive. He was the luckiest there or so heard the younger from all the whispering that was going on at the moment .

"Are you sure TY? " Someone intervened, more like trying to convince him that it was a lost case, that the boy lost when he already entered the door. "This once it won't  work, he is a kid, he wouldn't-"

"Let's see him then" Answered the white haired man.

He was never wrong, while they were about to change their bet TY looked at the boy then at the revolver, hinting that he should take it. So he did.

All the voice died as they lost their chance to change the bet. Once a player takes the revolver no more bet is allowed.

TY. It rung in the younger's ears for a moment before someone else clear his throat as a signal that he shall start.

The black haired boy's heart was racing. This was the end, he felt bad for that TY, he was about to lose his money on him.

He was scared and saw his life flashing before his eyes. He saw his happy young self, the child he was running and playing with his parents. His saw his father going bankrupt,  their house taken away, his mother working hard still smiling at him no matter what until she died, hitted by an irresponsible drunken person driving a fancy car. He saw his father taking his younger sister away and flying to another country with his new wife.

It all happened in a matter of seconds. Then he woke up from his thoughts.

Why should I die? Shouldn't I stay alive and make them understand that the weak little boy got stronger, and lived alone?

Those were hia new ideas, new thoughts, it was a new him.

Yet he was only praying the bullet wouldn't come out in his turn... Five chances to one that he'll set off alive. Only if that one chance wasn't as strong as the five others combined.

He felt someone's breath next to his ear. "I'll help you" he whispered. "It's not coming out, you ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter