6 - Hazy and Lovely

Born to Shine

AHGG sorry for the late update guys, I've just had no motivation AT ALL. But don't worry, I never forget about my writing or you guys, and if it were up to me, I wish I could post hundreds of things everyday. This chapter is kinda lame but the next is going to be better (i hope). Enjoy?


Time was both non existent and all too apparent as they spoke throughout the night. On one hand, it seemed as if Jonghyun could speak to Key forever- and he just might. But on the other hand, Jonghyun yearned for more time, anything he could grasp onto to make his moments with the man he newly loved longer. He took in a sharp breath as his eyes trailed to a clock on the wall, the time was late; almost midnight. Anxiety pooled in his stomach knowing they would have to part very soon.

 

After they had finished their food they spent the rest of the evening talking about everything and anything. As the night progressed, more and more books spilled onto the table in front of them, books they had grabbed from shelves that graced the walls of the shop. Some books were half open, others closed for the night. Jonghyun mentally sighed. The good thing about tonight was that it went so well, he’d probably be seeing Key again very soon, and Jonghyun's head swam with the possibilities of the next time they'd be together.

 

“Hey?” Key asked as he placed a hand on Jonghyun’s which was flat and tense on the table before them. Jonghyun looked up in a flash to meet Key’s face. His mouth went dry as he looked back down to his hand covered by Key’s palm. Jonghyun gulped and hummed at Key’s question.

 

“It's..” Key started, and Jonghyun already knew the words that would spill from his lips. “getting late..” Key finished as he slid his warm hand away from Jonghyun's. The lingering touches, his aching heart, the need to be with Key was only growing stronger everyday; Jonghyun didn't know how long he'd last this, and the heavens forbid it was all in his head and Key wasn't interested at all. With a shaking heart he be opened his mouth to speak words he hoped he wouldn't regret.

 

“Do you wanna hang out again...some other time?”Jonghyun asked as his voice squeaked neared the end of his question.

 

“Yeah, it'd be fun! And we can do something different” Key said cheerfully and Jonghyun almost thought he'd faint from the happiness building up inside of him.

 

-

 

Jonghyun's eyes split open sometime around noon. He groaned as he tried to sit up in his bed. He looked around, almost worried he'd find Key somewhere under the covers. He rubbed his eyelids and adjusted himself. No one else was in his bed aside from him- as usual. He looked down at himself and saw that he was still in his clothes from yesterday. Did he just crash when he got home? It wasn't that late, and Jonghyun was no stranger to insomnia. He was shocked to realise he didn't have much of a memory from the previous night. Yes, he went out with Key, yes it was great, and YES they were going out again sometime soon. Jonghyun tried to grasp for more details but everything seemed to fade at the edges.

 

Jonghyun sighed and made way for the shower, trying to think about what had happened, but his mind really was a blank page as he stood under the warm shower water. He’d just have to casually bring it up with Key somehow. But how does one ask what happened while they were together? Jonghyun would surely look like an idiot if he asked Key, he was right there. He cursed at himself and just went along with what happened, although he was disappointed that he had forgotten a big portion of their first date. Wait, no, it wasn’t a date, it was just “hanging out” Jonghyun repeated to himself, trying not to let his feelings spiral out of control. He shut his eyes and let the water drown out his thoughts for the rest of the morning.

 

After his too-long of a shower he didn’t have much of an appetite so he hit the living room couch and thought of texting Key. He bit his lips in anticipation at what he might say. This was the first time he had checked his phone since last night, and he wondered if there was any news or updates he should have checked earlier, but he was too occupied with his one and only obsession to care about the news. Jonghyun’s mouth dropped when he clicked the home button on his phone; revealing his lockscreen full of messages, messages from Key.

 

He quickly unlocked his phone and swiped to his messages. He almost couldn’t believe what he was seeing. It was a full blown conversation between him and Key. A conversation that seemed to start right after Jonghyun got home, what the hell. Jonghyun’s heart swelled as he scrolled through the tens of back and forth replys between the two of them that spanned into the late hours of the night. They didn’t talk about anything in particular, just interests and the like, but they talked, and talked, oh man they talked. Jonghyun had no recollection of this happening, but it seemed as if he and Key had gotten much closer over those few late-night hours. He sighed, both relieved and worried. Relieved because he just crossed over a bridge that seemed too scary for him to cross alone, but worried because he feels like it never happened, what would Key say the next time they saw each other, or texted?

 

Jonghyun clicked his T.V on and the remoted dropped to the floor when he heard a buzz emerge from his phone.

 

“What’s up?” Wrote Key.

 

Jonghyun gulped.

 

“Hey, just woke up, hbu?” He sent out.

 

“Not much, just wondering when you wanted to hang out again, had to check so I know for work, u know?” Key texted.

 

“Ah right, idk, what day is good for you?” Jonghyun asked, too eager to say ‘RIGHT NOW KIBUM I WANT YOU AT MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW!’

 

“I’m actually good all week, as long as it’s after 4pm” Key wrote. Jonghyun’s breathing slowed, he wished he could say ‘every single day Key’. Jonghyun hoped that one day he would really be able to say that to him.

 

“How about tomorrow? Movies at 7? I saw a trailer for this one comedy movie and I really wanted to check it out, unless u don’t like that genre, then..?”

 

“No no it’s cool, sounds good to me” Jonghyun answered.

 

“Cool, see ya at 7 then :)” Key responded and Jonghyun almost flung himself out the nearest window after seeing the little smiley face. His cheeks bloomed red as he thought about the possibilities of going to the movies with Key. Key and him, in a dark room, for two hours. His thoughts mushed together and he tried to stop himself from being so y. It wasn’t his fault though, he just really liked Key, sometimes so much it scared him. He let out a light huff and went back to watching T.V, anticipating what was to come.


So ye.. ;_____; better stuff in chapter 7!