Chapter 2

Overwhelming Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The mesmerizing night sky, accessorized by the moon that shone brightly above the peaceful Joseon lan with occasional soft cool breeze blowing through the trees and grass. Meanwhile in the palace, s little silhouette was spotted sitting out on the hallway, staring blankly into the dull wall. A man carefully walks closer as such the prince would not be startled.

“Good evening my prince.” Moonbin heard a voice behind him and looked up.

“Oh Yunho hyung. It’s late, what brings you to this part of the palace?” Wondered the young prince.

“I was about to retire to my room when I saw you sitting here alone. Is everything all right? You seem a little gloom.” Yunho said as he sat beside the young man.

“No, not at all. I’m feeling fine as usual.” Moonbin replied half-heartedly, hoping the other wouldn’t ask more.

“My prince, you do realise that I practically raised you up this past few years. I can tell that there’s something bothering you. Whatever it is you can tell me. I’ve been told that I am a good listener.” Yunho smiled kindly, deep in his heart he could feel that the young prince was troubled.

Moonbin looked up feeling all warmed up by the presence of the royal guard. It’s true that this man had raised him up, taught him everything from sword practise to horse riding. To be able to keep his emotion inside was actually near impossible around the man.

“Hyung…. I, I  love this place, and I love the people and all the trees and the beautiful rivers. I just love it here, you know.”

Yunho nodded his head slowly.

“Most of all I love my brother, more than life itself.”

Moonbin became quiet and sighed.

“But you want to leave.” Yunho casually said looking up the sky as moonbin widened his eyes, caught off guard.

“NO I don’t want to leave.” Moonbin unconsciously shouted out.

“Talk slowly my prince, you don’t want to alert the guards. Pardon my insinuation, but is it not what you desire?”

“I don’t want to leave.” Moonbin said fidgety.

“I just want to travel for a bit and come back. I want to see the mysteries of the land, embrace the beauty of life as a creature of the earth. Not as a prince but as my own person, learn on the way. And when I’ve finally found it, I’ll definitely be back home.” Moonbin said determinedly.

“But I also know it’s impossible. My brother would never allow it. So…. Just forget I ever said anything. Good night hyung.” Moonbin quickly muttered and stood up leaving quickly to his room.

Yunho stood up and block moonbin’s way.

“sit down and let’s talk about it.”

 

“Absolutely not my king. Please return to the palace safely and let the royal security guards handle this.” Changmin had his horse in front of King Jaejoong, frowning as he faced him.

“Step aside changmin. What kind of a person you think I am. I clearly heard gun shot and we both know that guns are only authorised to our final line of defence. It has no business firing up here, I have to check this out. Move!” Jaejoong commanded loudly.

Changmin and yoochun gave each other a look as they finally give in.  they quickly rode off alongside their king.

By the time they’ve arrived, there was only a body of a young lady with visible gunfire wound. Yoochun got off his horse to check up but unfortunately she was no longer breathing.

Jaejoong was gutted. To be greeted with such view made him feel inadequate. He looked around as it was suspiciously quiet considered after what has just tanspired.

“Yoochun scower the area and changmin return to palace and tightened up security. If the perpretor is still here, I don’t want him sneaking of into there.”

Both nodded as they got on their horse and left to fulfil the king’s command, while jaejoong lingered in the area looking around.

Little did he know that an ambush was about to happen and he was now left alone after sending his best men away.

Jaejoong drew his sword looking attentively arou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter