Chapter 1

Overwhelming Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 years after

 

King Jaejoong sat in his study chamber going through over the royal transcript meticulously. His brows furrowed together, focussing on every single word on multiple books and manuscripts he laid out on the large table.

“The royal guard has requested to see you , your highness” a voice call out

“Allow him to enter.” Jaejoong replied, eyes not leaving the piece of old paper.

Yunho entered the room carefully as he notice the king was very occupied with the book at hand.He took a deep breath before muttering his concern.

“Pardon the interruption and my rudeness my king, but you have been holed up in here for the whole day. I heard from the maids you did not eat your meals. Not that you ever eat much to begin with.” Yunho said.

Jaejooong looked up and stared the unwavering man.

“I am the head of military strategy and our country is in grave danger. I command you to take this matter seriously. You are the royal guard, yet you do not act like one. It seems that our relationship has blinded you and made you lazy.” Jaejoong gave yunho an unpleasant look and proceed to read

“My love, I do care about this and country and you. I will do whatever I can to protect your legacy. But jaejoong dear, you’re reading about **Jegichagi." 

If you’re mad that I introduce the game to your brother then please by all means I am willing to be beheaded but please stop this unfruitful effort.” Yunho proceed to walk closer to the king.

**Jegichagi is a historical game where you kick a shuttlecock-like ball as many as you can.

“Also I don’t think reading about the book of war will help you get an upperhand at the game. You need to play and practice it, outside. And what’s THIS? A novel about the famous love story between lee mong ryong and chunyang. “ Yunho looked at jaejoong weirdly as the king grinned sheepishly.

“Well that one was because I was bored reading the anatomy of human legs. Now don’t complain, this benefits you too.”

“I’m flattered my king, but you are already amazing in bed.” Now it was yunho turn to grin

“Oh stop it you ert. You taught moonbin the sport and didn’t tell me.He has the best teacher no wonder he’s good. I can’t believe my brother said he was bored playing the Jegichagi with me. I will get better, and when I do I will make him bow to me.”

Yunho left the room shaking his head and smiling. It was heartwarming albeit how ridiculous the king sounds now. The people of Joseon had never seen this side of him, only the cold strong anterior he puts on, but who’s complaining.

He felt everything was right in the world as long as the two brothers alive and well.

 

Moonbin walked through the crowded market enjoying his outdoor visit. He visited a shop and bought a nice little jade.

“Handsome young man, who is this for?” the old shopkeeper lady asked.

“It’s for my brother. You see he’s mad at me for winning againsr him at the jegichagi game haha.” Moonbin replied cheerfully.

“Oh bless him. I hope he loves the jade you bought for him my dear.”

“Thanks”. Moonbin walks away bouncing the ja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter