1/2

heart says yes, mouth says no
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 1 of 2.

Word count: 5500 

Enjoy!

 

First year….

 

“Let’s be friends, Byun Baekhyun.” is what Baekhyun hears while seeing a hand extended towards him, asking for a shake. A friendly palm waiting for his to make a pact, a connection, a thing called friendship. A word that never really meant anything to the eleven year old him.

 

Baekhyun looks up to see the owner of said hand and he sees him - the boy everyone was gushing about in the train earlier. Baekhyun’s eyes linger on the larger than normal ears, wide eyes, moving downwards to see a teeth rich smile directed at him. The other boy has a height that towers over him and many of the other first year students and an undeniably handsome face. No wonder he gathered so much attention earlier, Baekhyun muses.

 

Park Chanyeol is what they called him, Baekhyun remembers. He might have heard the Park name mentioned once or twice before during parties attended by the upper class of society, whispered to willing ears who are thirsty for juicy gossip. Merlin knows that other people’s lives is all they ever talk about. Apparently his dad, who came from a prominent family just like Baekhyun’s, married a muggle witch and that made him exiled from this social circle and a favorite topic in social gatherings.

 

It seems that despite being outcast by the (obnoxious) purebloods, the Parks are doing well on their own, even a young man like him can see that. Baekhyun has witnessed how this student in front of him managed to get all the attention that he as a Byun should’ve had. Growing up in his household, Baekhyun was made to believe that everyone would bow down to their name even with the changing times, as being from a well-known family that can trace its roots back to the Medieval times still equals to respect from the society which appears to be the same case of Mr. Park.

 

Needless to say, growing up in a society that always aims at kissing his rear, being ignored because of Park Chanyeol was a big surprise for Baekhyun and a little painful for his ego too. To not garner attention from his soon-to-be school mates, not that he feels entitled for it, is something Baekhyun is not used to.

 

So looking at Chanyeol who was so famous earlier - what is so special about him anyway? - Baekhyun swore to do something about it. From that moment on, Baekhyun resolved that this person standing before him shall be his rival, even if deep down he also craved for the warmth Chanyeol seemed to exude. His father always told him that being a Byun entails making connections only to those worthy of their name and title so, looking straight in Chanyeol’s eyes, he ignored the hand being offered to him with a lifted eyebrow.

 

Baekhyun walked straight to the Great Hall to wait for the sorting without looking back, leaving Chanyeol as confused as one could ever be. He was just trying to be nice, he reasoned. Taking back his outstretched hand, Park Chanyeol watched as the tiny kid he wanted to befriend because he saw him all by himself in the train walked away.  His friends warned him not to when he earlier asked them who the cute kid was, now he guesses this is the reason why.

 

Baekhyun to nobody’s surprise - at least to those who know who he is, which is probably half of the student population - was sorted into Slytherin. Of course, Chanyeol had to be sorted into the rival house, Gryffindor, much to Baekhyun’s satisfaction.

 

Thus, started the Byun-Park rivalry that everyone in the entire school - students, professors, even the paintings - knew about and, honestly, were tired of.

 

 

Fifth year….


 

It was supposed to be an another ordinary day for Baekhyun, another day of catching students, deducting points, being his wonderful self and, cue screams, glaring at the silver haired, tall elf that he considers the bane of his existence.

 

Park Chanyeol, the Gryffindor quidditch team captain that thinks he’s a blessing to everyone in this world. Well, news flash - he isn’t. Baekhyun grumbles to himself, when will my morning ever be peaceful?

 

Every morning members of the taller man’s fan club will gather around him and watch him eat. Dreamy sighs and exaggerated giggles will be heard during this too. You would’ve thought that others would lose their appetite over this but no, in fact, they’re all busy, secretly glancing at the giant as well. Even all the professors look at him discreetly, for Merlin’s sake.

 

Normally, Baekhyun would’ve sent a sarcastic remark or two over the Gryffindor table, but he just isn’t feeling it this morning. Flashbacks of what happened last night just made him scrunch up his eyebrow even more.



 

“What are you frowning for so early in the morning, my beloved prefect?” Jongdae cheekily asks him while seating himself beside him on the Slytherin house table. “And why are we not witnessing a lively lovers’ quarrel today, eh?”

 

He even wriggled his eyebrows at him. Sending a glare towards his friend, Baekhyun asks,

 

“What are you even doing here? Lost?” Clutching a hand to his chest, the annoying face of his best friend changes dramatically to say, “Ouch! Hurting your best friend’s feelings so early in the morning.”

 

“Why are you so dramatic so early in the morning? Do you want me to take away some house points for you?” Baekhyun threatens while picking up a toast and applying some jam over it and putting it in his mouth.

 

“You can’t do that! That’s abuse of power, Byun Baekhyun!” Jongdae loudly exclaims, gathering the attention of those near them and, of course, upon hearing the name, even the silver haired giant turned their way.

 

A quirk of an eyebrow was sent his way from the giant once their eyes met. Unwilling to deal with any drama so early on a Monday morning, Baekhyun just lowered his head and ignored him. He didn’t want a fight to break out right now, he was having a relatively peaceful day too.

 

And, of course, since their leader, the center of their universe, the sun to their planet, Park Chanyeol was giving his attention somewhere else, everybody in his posse of fangirls and fanboys turned their attention to him and his friend.

 

Exclamations of, “oh, it’s him again”, “it’s that prefect again”, and “what did he do this time again” from these annoying girls made it to his way. Rolling his eyes at their sheer stupidity, Baekhyun quickly finished his breakfast and dragged his still overreacting best friend away.

 

Not without protests from said best friend who was resisting his dragging and sending an “Oh, hey, Chanyeol! Nice morning today, right?” his way, confirming that yes, Chanyeol’s staring at them, and probably the entire student body as well. Of-ing-course. This day just keeps getting better.

 

Why did he have to be friends with someone from the same house as Chanyeol?

 

“Oh, hi, Jongdae! Looks like you’re in a hurry.” He hears the giant say to his best friend.

 

They even had the guts to have a conversation.

 

“I-” before Jongdae got to answer his friend, he was already dragged out of the Great Hall by his brunette friend. “Okay, what just happened?” “Nothing.” Baekhyun answers while avoiding his eyes.

 

“That certainly wasn’t nothing, are you what - on your man period or something? Actually no, you probably would've chewed Park’s head off if you were-”

 

“-Ouch! Why did you have to hit me that hard?” Jongdae pouts while rubbing his arm that just got punched by his slightly shorter friend. Damn, he sure knows how to use those knuckles of his.

 

“What got your knickers in a twist, baby?” Jongdae teases his still frowning friend.

 

“So what do you say, baby, wanna go out with me for real?”

 

“Baby, that’s right, you’re doing good…”

 

“Damn, baby.”

 

“Baby, go out with me.”

 

Baby… baby… baby….

 

“Hey, baby-”

 

“Don’t call me that!” Baekhyun shouts, shrugs off his best friend and runs in the other direction. Jongdae is left confused and worried, his best friend really is being bothered by something but he isn’t telling him what.

 

Once he gets back to his senses, Jongdae realizes that his best friend is already out of his sight. Oh well. Shrugging it off, he goes back to the Great Hall to eat his breakfast. He can just ask (force) Baekhyun to tell him about this later.

 

/o/ ❤ \o\

 

Baekhyun runs and runs, and runs until he can’t run anymore. He enters the first classroom he sees vacant and slumps by the door. Thoughts of last night keep on plaguing him.

 

The silver haired man kissing him like his life depends on it, pushing him to the wall and kissing him so deeply he literally can’t breathe at their secret hideout where they always meet at the wee hours of the morning.

 

“Baekhyun” he whispers in the darkness, kissing his mouth like his life depends on it. on his tongue, his breath and sometimes Baekhyun thinks even his life force with the passion he’s being kissed with. Chanyeol runs his tongue at the roof of his mouth, exploring its insides like he owns it. Chanyeol always kisses him like this, like it's the last time they’ll ever kiss, and damn if that doesn’t make Baekhyun want to jump off a cliff and stop all these feelings.

 

Chanyeol detaches his lips to move onto Baekhyun’s neck, and the smaller one obeys, moving his head so that the other could have better access, sighing. “Baek… Baby.” he hears the other whisper while a patch of his skin, making Baekhyun’s breath hitch. Looking down and seeing a mop of silver hair, he doesn’t answer but just runs his fingers through the silken locks, making the other groan.

 

Baekhyun is overwhelmed with emotions, he can’t say anything, so he just pulls on Chanyeol’s hair and connects their lips again in another passionate kiss. Eager kisses are what they always share in their secret rendezvous so why is he suddenly feeling all these strange emotions of wanting this to be more than a night tryst.

 

Every midnight, at the secret alcove near the Slytherin dungeon is where they secretly seek each other. This started when one argument turned too heated, he didn’t know who started it and who ended it, but all Baekhyun knows is that it was too much. Too hot, too much enthusiasm, their anger towards each other expressed in another way.

 

Their lips separate and both of them try to catch their breaths. Lips still nearly touching, bodies so close they can both feel how fast their heartbeats are, Chanyeol’s hands on Baekhyun’s waist, holding him so close.

 

Too much, this is too much for Baekhyun, so you can’t expect him to react right to what Chanyeol says  next.

 

Moving close to his ear, his hot breath sending shivers down Baekhyun’s spine and causing weird fluttering in his stomach.

 

“Go out with me, Byun.”

 

Panting, he answers, “What?”

 

Chanyeol moves back to look at him, putting a hand under his chin to pull his face up, eyes meeting, he gives the shorter brunnette this smile.

 

This smile that Baekhyun knows is different from what he usually shows his fans, friends, the professors and everyone around him. No, this one is different. Baekhyun knows this smile is only for him.

 

It’s soft, seemingly sending a message neither him nor the owner of those lips are ready to admit to themselves. The smile that always makes Baekhyun’s fast beating heart almost stop. Skipping a beat, several beats, he sometimes thinks his heart might as well stop beating entirely.

 

“Go out with me, Baekhyun? Be my date this coming Hogsmeade weekend?” Chanyeol asks him, looking at him softly, baring himself to him.

 

And what does Baekhyun do? He pushes away the man who just bared himself to him and he runs.

 

Away from the man who keeps making him feel all these weird emotions, away from the thought of finally being able to be with him in public, away from all these possibilities.

 

Because he’s scared. And will always be.


 

And as he slept that night, another fear struck him. What if this time Chanyeol stops running after him?




 

“Baekhyun?”

 

Startled, Baekhyun stares up to see that the giant elf, as he likes to , is now standing before him. He must’ve been too deep in his thoughts since he didn’t even hear the door opening.

 

“What are you doing here, Chanyeol? Did you follow me?” he sassed. That’s his defense mechanism when it comes to this guy. He snaps and shouts, and fights. Anything to not let his real emotions show.

 

Scratching the back of his neck, Chanyeol sheepishly answers “yes”, while avoiding the other’s eyes. An awkward silence settled in between them which is unusual since they usually argue with each other o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter