Deleted Scene

Monster

Kai’s eyes glowed brighter as he stared at the veins in the other boy's neck. He didn't waste any time as he sank his fangs into Yixing.

Yixing's blood flowed into his mouth like a river. It was in these moments that Kai remembered why he and Yixing were bloodmates. Blood doesn't lie. The bittersweet blood showed memories. Memories of darkness. Memories of blood-spattered homes. Memories of slaughtered humans. Memories of a murderous vampire that lured in humans with kindness. Kai had known of vampires who went on killing sprees before they found their bloodmates. He knew after the first time that he had sunk his fangs into his lover’s throat, none of them had a darkness inside of them like Yixing. The side he didn't want anyone to know about. The side that had killed the boy Kai seen when he first saw Yixing.

 

 

“I specifically remember telling you to be more careful at work.”

 

Yixing smiled as his boyfriend examined his arm to look at the scratch again. It had a band-aid over it so there wasn't much for Luhan to see. Not that it really mattered anyway. Although, under normal circumstances, the scratch would have been healed by now. The brunet assumed it hadn't due to the fact that he hadn't drank in a long time. He figured it might be time to find something, but it would have to wait until he was away from Luhan. For now, he would just bear with it. “You don't have to worry. I’m fine,” he smiled as he leaned on his boyfriend's shoulder.

 

The blonde looked down and sighed “Fine.” He kissed the other’s head “Well then you wouldn't be opposed to having dinner with me and my family tonight?”

 

Yixing stopped mid-walk and looked up at Luhan with wide eyes “Really?”

 

“Of course. We’ve been dating for three months now. I think it's a good time for you to meet them.”

 

“I-I don't know what to say. I mean, I’m not even prepared for that. I have to go shopping and find something nice to wear and--”

 

Luhan silenced Yixing with a kiss. “Stop, my family is going to love you no matter what. Don't worry so much.”

 

The brunet smiled and nodded “I can't wait.”

 

 

Yixing’s stomach didn't feel so good. He couldn't tell if it was nerves or the fact that he still hadn't been able to find some way to drink before going to Luhan's house. He settled for it just being the nerves of meeting his lover’s family for the first time. If he even thought it could be the other option, things might not go so well. He really wanted Luhan's family to like him.

 

He smoothed out his shirt one last time before knocking on the door. He didn't wait long before a small blonde woman opened the door “Oh, you must be Yixing. Come in, Luhan told us to expect you.”

 

“Thank you,” Yixing stepped into the house and looked around. It was a quaint, warm little house that seemed like it had just enough space for the people that lived in it. “Your home is very nice.”

 

“Oh thank you,” Luhan's mother closed the door. She guided Yixing to the living room where the rest of the family was waiting.

 

“Xing!” Luhan got up from his place on the sofa and pulled the other boy over. He whispered “I was almost worried that you wouldn't show.”

 

The younger boy hit the blond’s chest playfully “Of course I was coming.”

 

Luhan smiled before turning back to his family “Well you’ve already met my mother. This is my father and my sister. Everyone, this is Yixing.”

 

“It's very nice to meet you,” Luhan's father stood from his chair and shook hands with Yixing “Luhan has told us so much about you.”

 

“Yeah he won't shut up,” Luhan's sister rolled her eyes.

 

“What she means is that Luhan likes you very much,” Luhan's mother smiled “And we’re glad to see him with someone who makes him happy.”

 

Yixing blushed “I try my best.”

 

“Excuse me,” everyone turned and looked at the maid who had come into the room. “Dinner is served.”

 

“Shall we?” Luhan's mother gestured toward the dining room.

 

Yixing nodded as he felt a tightness in his stomach. Unnoticed by anyone else, his eyes flashed red.

 
 

“What do you think Yixing?”

 

“Huh?” The tightness in Yixing's stomach had been growing. He had been less focused on the conversation and more on the veins in each family member’s neck. He could see the blood pulsing through them and it made his throat feel even drier. Just one drop would be enough. Just a little to satiate his hunger. He shook his head to clear away those thoughts “I’m sorry. I zoned out for a moment what were we talking about?”

 

Luhan chuckled “We were talking about if I should change my hair color. My mother thinks I would look good with brown hair, but I really like blond.”

 

“What about red?” Blood red. Yixing thought Luhan would look nice with his hair dyed red. Or even better, if Yixing cracked his skull open and the blood dyed his hair. That would be beautiful. “But uh if you don't like that, I think brown could be nice too.”

 

“Xing, you’re supposed to be on my side.”

 

The brunet smiled “I think if I want your mother to like me, I should take her side.”

 

Luhan's mother smiled “Lulu you picked a smart boy. He knows how to win people over.”

 

Yixing could think of no better way to describe himself.

 

 

Yixing's not sure what set him off. Maybe it was the cheesecake with the raspberry drizzle that made him think of Luhan's pale neck with blood running down it. Maybe it was the dryness in his throat when Luhan's mother poured red wine into his glass. Or when the maid cut her finger on a piece of ceramic when she dropped a plate. The smell of something tropical and delicious entered into Yixing's senses and his eyes changed color.

 

He faintly remembers someone asking him if he was okay. He doesn't remember giving an answer. Or maybe he did. His answer was sinking his fangs into the maid’s throat. It didn't take long for her to drop to the floor. Yixing looked back over to the family who was now staring at him in fear. He was still hungry.

 

 

Yixing sat on the sofa in the living room and ran his hand through Luhan's hair. He had been right. The blonde did look good with his hair dyed red. He looked down at the boy who stared back in a perpetual state of shock. Yixing had saved him for last. They all had tried to run but the brunet was too hungry to let any of them get out alive. He had drained them all until they were pale corpses with little color left in them. It was too easy.

 

Yixing looked down at the boy in his lap. He had almost gotten away. However, the vampire had caught him by the throat just as he reached the door. He made sure to slam Luhan's head against the wall as he dragged Luhan back, the blood spilling out of his boyfriend's throat and over his fingers. Luhan had always smelled good. From the first day they met, he smelled like vanilla and sugar. Yixing had wanted to sink his fangs in since day one.

He couldn't do that though. He had to wait. He had to be patient. He had to fight the good side of him that didn't want to hurt anyone else. Once again, the bloodlust prevailed. Yixing had drank his fill of Luhan then watched as the boy bled out. It was a beautiful sight. Yixing had been hoping that Luhan was the one. That the blonde was his bloodmate. No, he was just another victim to Yixing's hunger.

 

Yixing patted Luhan's head. He would have to leave soon. Now that his hunger was gone, his head was clear again and he realized what he had done. He had slaughtered his boyfriend and his family. He murdered his love. But what had he expected? To have a relationship with a human that didn't end in death? Impossible. Yixing lifted Luhan's head and stood before laying the boy back on the sofa. He shut the blond’s eyes and left the house. The family would be found in a few days and Yixing needed to make sure he wasn't found with them.

 
 

It was that memory that always caught Kai’s attention when he drank from Yixing. It was never shown to him the same way twice. There were two things that were always the same though: Luhan was always the last to die and the name of Luhan's family members never came up. It was like Yixing buried the memories so deep that even he couldn't remember everything correctly.

 

Kai pulled away with a trickle of blood running down his chin. “You're always so messy,” Yixing leaned up and the blood from Kai's face.

“I can't help it. You're so utterly delicious,” Kai move to lay back in his spot next to the brunet.

“Oh shut it,” Yixing lay back down, burying his face in Kai's bare chest. “Sometimes I think you only love the monster inside of me.”


A/N: This is just an extra scene that I realized probably should have went into the story. When Kai was thinking about the boy being killed when he first saw Yixing, he was talking about Luhan. I wasn't sure if anyone got that, so I decided to post this. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this. Until next time, comment, subscribe, etc.

-씨에라