MONSTER (1/1)

Monster

Kai looked at the boy lying on the bed next to him. He looked so sweet and innocent. His light skin, the way his chestnut hair fell in front of his face and how he was so quiet. He still couldn't believe that this boy was his bloodmate. They were complete opposites: Kai was aggressive, had messy hair and was impulsive. Yixing was sweet, had neat short hair and always thought things through. So imagine Kai’s surprise when he met Yixing for the first time and almost jumped him on the street because he could smell the blood from an almost unnoticeable scratch on the Chinese male’s arm. Thanks to Sehun, Kai hadn't done anything that would have scared the frail boy off. He had kept his eyes on the boy for almost a month before he decided to talk to him.

Kai sat in the cafe and stared at the boy behind the counter who was taking orders. He could not believe that this boy could possibly be his bloodmate. Blood doesn't lie, the vampire motto echoed in his head. Maybe it was true. Still, this kid was so...nice and friendly. He was literally the opposite of Kai. Maybe it's all a facade and that's the face he puts on for the humans, he thought. Kai stood and headed over to the counter. The boy was even prettier up close than he was far away. “Venti Mocha.”
“Alright, anything else?” the brunet smiled at him revealing two dimples, the right one deeper than the left. The niceness wasn't a facade.
“You're too pretty to be human,” Kai stated bluntly.
The boy’s brown eyes widened slightly then his face turned a deep red “Um thank you, but I’m perfectly human.”
Kai rolled his eyes and tugged the other boy by his collar so they were only inches apart, speaking lowly “I’m not stupid. You're not human and neither am I. Blood doesn't lie.” He watched as those bright eyes got even wider with surprise “And I need your blood to clear something up for me.”
“Alright my shift ends in a few hours.”
“I’ll wait.” Kai  let the boy go, smirking as he watched the other scuttle off, clearly still in shock. Maybe Kai could have been nicer, but that wasn't who he was and he hoped his bloodmate wasn't either.

It was almost 7pm when Kai finally saw the brunet boy again. He shyly made his way over to the booth where Kai was seated. “Sorry for making you wait so long...um I didn't get your name.”
“Kai.”
“Yixing,” the boy held his hand out but Kai didn't move to take it. He slowly pulled back “Um so what did you want to talk to me about?”
“I want your blood.”
“What?!” Yixing stared at Kai as if he were insane “You can't just ask for someone's blood like that.”
“I just did,” Kai said flatly.
“But why do you want mine?” Yixing was clearly confused. “Wait how do I even know that you're the same as me?”
Kai couldn't believe this. This boy was doubting that he was even a vampire. Granted a vampire’s bloodmate could be human, but that was extremely rare. Kai groaned and bared his fangs at the other boy. They were larger than most and had a small curve at the end. “Your turn,” he said as he retracted them. Yixing showed his fangs which came out slowly, like everything else the boy seemed to do. When they finally appeared, Kai saw that they were longer than his own and sharper too. He was sure if they weren't retractable, Yixing would cut himself all the time. Kai was somewhat in awe. It was rare that he found someone with better fangs than his own. Yixing was like a sabertooth tiger. This boy was full of all kinds of surprises. “How did someone like you get fangs like those?”
“I don't know,” Yixing shrugged “They've always been that way. Yours are nice too.”
“Yeah, I know.”
“Um so why do you want my blood?”
Kai wasn't sure about how to go into the next part. It wasn't exactly easy to explain to someone that they were your bloodmate. It was easier when both partners found out at the same time. That almost never happened. “I think you're my bloodmate.” There he said it.
“What?!”
“Yeah I can't believe it either I mean, look at you and look at me,” Kai gestured between them. Kai was dressed in a black leather jacket, tshirt, and ripped jeans. Yixing, having changed out of his uniform, was dressed pink-purple plaid shirt, purple unicorn hoodie and khaki pants. They looked like complete opposites sitting together. “That's why I need your blood to test my theory.”
“And how exactly did you come to this conclusion?” Yixing had sat back in his chair, clearly trying to put distance between himself and the boy in front of him.
“A few weeks ago, you were walking with your friend. I could smell the blood coming from the scratch on your arm.”
“How do you know that was me? That could've been anyone.”
“Yeah because there are sooo many vampires around here,” Kai rolled his eyes; he didn't have time for this. He pulled his pocketknife from his jacket and used the blade to cut his palm.
He watched as the scent hit Yixing’s senses. Brown eyes melted into red. Fangs extended. If Kai was human, he would have thought he'd seen Yixing teleport; the smaller vampire had pinned him to the seat. “Well I take it you believe me now.”
Yixing's eyes faded back to brown when Kai’s voice broke through his clouded thoughts. “I’m sorry,” he was off of Kai just as quickly as he’d been on him.
Kai smirked as he sat back up “Well that confirms my suspicions and I didn't even need to bite you to make sure.” He looked at his hand where the scratch was already healed. “So did you like what you smelled?”
Yixing blushed and nodded. He fiddled with his fingers “So what now?”


They had started dating. Not immediately, but they did start seeing each other more. Kai would go by the cafe about once a week which eventually became three times a week, if not more. It didn't take long for them to fall for each other. Bloodmates were tied to each other, whether they wanted to be or not. It was easier to just be together. Luckily, Yixing had grown on him and vice versa. Kai leaned on his elbow and brushed the hair away from Yixing's face. The boy stirred but didn't wake. “To think you lied to me about being human. You are way too beautiful,” Kai gently dragged a finger down his lover’s face. He leaned over him and gently pressed their lips together. He remembered the first time they had kissed. It had been a shock to Kai's system. It had grown to be something he found that he’d rather not live without. 

“Can't you at least pretend that you're having fun?” Yixing tugged at Kai's jacket sleeve as they walked through the fair.
“I don't understand what you find so amusing about this place.” Kai didn't really want to be here. He let Yixing drag him along only because it was his turn to choose their date. Kai would've preferred something like an arcade, somewhere he could play videogames. Yixing always chose places like this. Places where he and Kai had to walk around like a couple, where Kai was sure Yixing expected him to do cute couple things together. Absolutely not. Kai refused to do anything like that. 
“I thought couples always go to fairs and maybe we could win a prize at one of the games,” Yixing smiled sheepishly. “And maybe we could ride the Ferris wheel too.”
“What kind of Disney romance world are you living in?”
Yixing shrank away from Kai and looked at the ground “I’ve never had a boyfriend before.”
Don't look at him. Don't look at him, Kai's eyes glanced over at the boy who seemed genuinely upset. On top of that, he he had called Kai his boyfriend. They had only been dating for a few weeks, Kai didn't know they were at that stage yet. He liked the sound of it though. He liked the thought of being Yixing's boyfriend. “Ugh,” he ran a hand through his hair. He was about to agree to Yixing's request when he was interrupted.
“Are you okay?” came a deep voice. Both Kai and Yixing looked up to see a tall blond human with a gummy smile looking at them, he was carrying a giant bear under his arm. “Are you hurt?” the blonde directed his question at Yixing.
“Uh, I'm fine,” the shorter vampire blushed and smiled.
Kai had to resist the urge to gouge out the human’s throat as he watched the interaction between the two. He felt a fire raging in the pit of his stomach. To his amazement, Kai knew what it was--he was jealous.
“I was just worried. Someone as pretty as you shouldn't look so sad.”
The human reached out to touch Yixing's face and Kai immediately stepped between the two. He held the human’s wrist tight and gave him a fierce look “Touch him and I’ll rip your arm right from the socket.” The blonde seemed to get the hint as Kai let him go. He dropped the bear and ran. Some of the people stopped and stared, but most just ignored the situation altogether.
Kai picked up the bear and held it out to Yixing “Here, I won it for you.”
Yixing stared at Kai then burst into a fit of laughter. It took a moment for him to calm himself before he finally spoke “You were jealous.”
“I wasn't,” Kai turned away as he felt his blood rush to his face.
“Sure,” Yixing turned Kai's face towards him “I’m happy.” He pressed his lips to Kai's, kissing him softly.
Yixing tasted like chocolate, like a sweet that should be forbidden to those who didn't deserve it. Kai liked the the way their lips fit perfectly together, like puzzle pieces. He shouldn't have expected anything less from his bloodmate, but not everyone was as lucky as he was. He slowly pulled away and smiled “So do you still want to go on the Ferris wheel?”
Yixing took the bear from Kai's grasp, nodding “Please?”
“If it gains me another kiss like that from you.”


Yixing's brown eyes flutter open and he saw Kai leaning over him with his signature smirk gracing his lips. “Morning dollface.”
Yixing blinked a few times before looking over at the clock: 1:29am. “Kai, it's late. What are you doing up?” He rubbed his eyes and tried to sit up, but Kai held him down.
“Dummy, it's night time. This is the time for vampires to be awake.”
“Not for those of us who have to work in the morning,” Yixing groaned.
“But I'm hungry,” Kai's gray-brown eyes turned a deep red as he straddled Yixing and let his fangs extend. He leaned down and kissed his boyfriend again. This time with a ferocity worthy of his vampire genes. He pressed his hips down and rolled against Yixing who moaned against his lip.
The smaller vampire pulled away breathlessly “Fine, just hurry up.” He was blushing the beautiful cherry red that Kai loved. He could say what he wanted, but Kai could read his lover like a book. Yixing lifted his head, exposing his long pale neck to the vampire above him. Kai's eyes glowed brighter as he stared at the veins in the other boy’s neck. He didn't waste any time as he sank his fangs into Yixing. 
Yixing's blood flowed into his mouth like a river. It was in these moments that Kai remembered why he and Yixing were bloodmates. Blood doesn't lie. The bittersweet blood show memories. Memories of darkness. Memories of blood-spattered homes. Memories of slaughtered humans. Memories of a beautiful murderous vampire that lured humans in with kindness. Kai had known of vampires who went on killing sprees before they found their bloodmates. He knew after the first time that he had sunk his fangs into his lover’s throat, none of them had a darkness inside of them like Yixing. The side that he didn't want anyone else to know about. The side that had killed the boy Kai had seen when he first saw Yixing.
Kai pulled away with a trickle of blood running down his chin. “You're always so messy,” Yixing leaned up and the blood from Kai's face. 
“I can't help it. You're so utterly delicious,” Kai moved to lay back down in his spot next to the brunet.
“Oh shut it,” Yixing lay back down, burying his face in Kai's bare chest. “Sometimes I think you only love the monster inside of me.”
Kai tilted Yixing's head up “I love you for so much more than that. The monster just explains how someone as sweet as you wound up with a bloodmate like me.” Yes, on the surface they were complete opposites. But on the inside...they were both monsters.


A/N: Sorry that I've been gone so long. I just moved and I don't have wifi right now and I just got a new phone because my old one was being sketchy. Anyway I wrote this partly as an apology for not being around. I will try to update everything as soon as I can. I just surprisingly have a lot going on right now. The next thing to come up will probably be part two of The Devil Wears MCM. Then I'll continue with everything else. Thank you subbies for al your patience and I  really do feel sorry. I hope this story makes up for it. There aren't enough KaiLay stories out there so I wrote this for them.