貳 - èr

Breezeblocks

Mom I have to go now. I have this interview for a financial magazine." Minhyuk was explaining while fixing his tie in the mirror and checking his appearance. "I might be late tonight so don't expect me to come home for dinner." He dusted his shoulders and posed like a mannequin, a large grin plastered on his face.


"Take care my son." The gentle voice of Mrs. Lee could be heard from behind and a small hand touched his broad shoulders. Mrs. Lee was a petite woman in her 50's and Minhyuk was the light of her eyes, the reason she continued to live. For her, there was no one more important than her son and her husband. "How is Nari doing?" She asked all of a sudden, her expression changing into a more serious one.


"Nari? Since when do you care about her?" The boy raised his eyebrow suspiciously while turning to meet her gaze. It wasn't like his mother to ask about girls and especially not about Nari. This name wasn't used too often in the house because the two families were not that close and in fact there was a small rivalry between them.


"I was just wondering my dear. She is so busy nowadays that it must be hard for her." The older woman mused with a slight tone of worry. "Have you heard about the land in Jeju Island?" She changed the subject and took Minhyuk by his arm, pulling him towards a large sofa.


"I have eomma but some people are already speculating prices for that spot and I can't believe my it. I don't think it is worth the hassle. At least not if we are going to buy it on our own." He responded while checking his phone and looked back at his mother. "If we want to make a move we will need some backup."


"I will talk to your father about this situation. However, keep your eyes open and maybe you can find out more from your friends." Mrs. Lee cleared and look at the vintage clock hanged on the wall. "Oh my, look at the time! You should better take your leave." She advised him and rushed him to the door,  giving her a son a wide smile as he left the house.


"Oh my sweet summer child, I always get what I want. And not even that girl can stop me." She was talking to herself after she had closed the door, making sure nobody could hear her. Quickly going in her room she took her phone and dialed a well known number, tapping her foot impatiently on the wooden floor. Her face suddenly lightened up when she heard the voice from the other end if the line. "Hello dear. I have another request for you."

 

   

"Yes I made it clear that we will stop collaborating with them if they don't agree on the contract." You were almost yelling on the phone as you were driving to your next appointment. "I don't care what they have to say. Tell them we don't need them that badly and they should stop acting like they are the only company in this universe." You scoffed and parked in front of a large building, keeping your phone between your cheek and your shoulder while you were fanatically looking through your purse in order to find your lipstick. "Look I have to go now. I trust you guys, don't screw it up." With some words of encouragement for your team you ended the call and threw your phone on the passenger's seat, doing a small victory dance because you managed to discover your beloved make up. Looking at your small mirror you applied it once again and checked for any imperfections on your skin.

 

Truth was you had been in a bad mood since Minhyuk decided to make that ist, dumb remark and you could not control your anger. Luckily for you no paparazzi were around to take photos so another scandalous article was avoided but you made a mental note to go and fix your anger issues. With a last view in the mirror you gathered your stuff and got off the car, entering the skyscraper and following the directions Hand had given to you. Stepping out of the elevator you looked around and met a familiar pair of eyes, your mouth wide open.

"What are you doing here?" You both asked at the same time, not believing your eyes.


"I am having an interview that's why I am here." Minhyuk responded quickly and glared at you.


"That's not possible because I am having one. So step aside because I am busy." You started walking past him but suddenly you were yanked back, his slender fingers wrapped around your wrist.


"I suggest you should revise your behaviour sweet cheeks 'cause I don't like to be treated disrespectfully." He whispered through his gritted teeth while coming closer to you.


"Oh yeah?" You raised your eyebrow not backing down. "I will start giving the respect you deserve when you will stop saying stupid about me."


"Here are my new models!" A loud exclamation could be heard and Minhyuk let go of your hand in an instant as the photographer approached both of you. Without wasting any time you two bowed and changed your expressions, smiling at the man in front of you. "My, my you two surely look good as a pair. Anyway, you might be a bit confused why I contacted you both but our magazine is preparing an anniversary issue and what better way to celebrate it than having two amazing entrepreneurs on our cover." The man was talking to you rapidly, almost hitting you with spit. "First we will have you two change clothes and the pictures then you can go to the interview." He explained further and hurried you to the stylists.

 

Long story short, after having your make up and hair done you put on a red tight dress that was hugging your figure and was putting your curves in the spotlight. You weren't really comfortable in it because you felt but you knew you had to make sacrifices in order to look good. Making your way in front of the cameras everybody stopped and looked at you, admiring you and giving you all sorts of compliments. With a small smile you thanked them although your legs were so shaky you were afraid you'd trip because of them and because of those damn high heels.


"Shall we start? First we will have some solo pictures of you Nari." The photographer prepared his camera and you started to pose, changing your body position and facial expressions every now and then. "That's it, you are doing a great job my dear." He praised you while you were smiling wide for the camera. As time was passing you were getting more and more relaxed, starting to enjoy the photoshoot. But little did you know that Minhyuk was watching you from afar, his eyes never leaving the spot you were in. Although he would have never admitted in front of you he knew you were indeed a beautiful woman. But for him you were nothing more than just a pretty face with a rich daddy. Maybe that was why he had never liked you and acted like an to you, because you never knew how it is to struggle.   


"Very well! Minhyuk come here." The man turned and faced the younger, motioning him to come closer. "Let's have some shots with you two together."
Minhyuk came next to you and smiled for the camera starting to pose on his own. "Come on kids, you look like two strangers. I wanna see some action." He urged and you started to shift from one foot to another looking up at Minhyuk, to embarrassed to take action.


"If I had knew I had to do this I would have denied their offer." The boy in front of you whispered and showed you a faint smile, wrapping his arm around your waist.


"Finally we think alike. I'll have to wash in bleach to get rid of your germs." You mumbled back while keeping your smile on to please the photographer.

So went the whole afternoon with you two bickering behind the back of the whole crew and secretly cursing under your breath. Finally the interviews were over and now the organisers decided to have a small celebration with food and drinks.


"Well now we are talking." Minhyuk clapped his hands and headed straight to the glasses filled with fine champagne and took one in his hand, sipping the fizzy drink.

"Do you want one Nari?" He offered you a glass but you declined shaking your head.


"I'm driving Minhyuk." You reasoned and came next to him pouring yourself a glass of juice instead.


"So what?" The boy asked but soon snapped his fingers. "Oh wait, I forgot you are the role model of our generation." He teased you as a grin replaced his smile.


"Shut up before I pour another drink all over you." You warned him and suddenly you felt your phone vibrating, walking in a quiet corner of the studio. "Hi dad, is everything okay?" You asked and listened to his explanations, your eyebrows furrowing in confusion more and more. "Okay....I'll come right away." Biting on your bottom lip you pressed your phone against your forehead, shaking your head. "Minhyuk..." You came closer to him and put a hand on his shoulder.


"What do you want sweet cheeks?" He turned to look at you, his eyes becoming a little blurry because of the alcohol.


"You must come with me. My father and your mother are waiting for us at the company." You said as you fixed your clothes and hair.


"What for?" He groaned annoyed but didn't oppose when you pushed him to walk. With a last bow to the staff you two excused yourselves and took your leave, Minhyuk going to his car.


"Stop right here big boy." You grabbed his arm and dragged him towards your car.


"Yah what are you doing woman? Let me drive." He hissed.


"Are you crazy? I won't let you drive like this. What if the police pulls you over?!"


"Oh please I'll be alright. Now let me go." He jerked his arm roughly and looked in your eyes.


"Do you want to die? Just shut up and get on." You opened the door for him with and sighed loudly in exasperation.


"I think there is a higher chance to die in your car than mine sweet cheeks." He commented and laughed, putting his seatbelt.


" Don't worry if you don't die now I'll kill you with my own hands." You reassured him with a fake smile and started the engine.


"You just don't think.....no way!" Minhyuk was talking to himself. "These two are planning something for us."

 


A/N: First chapters are always boring but please bare with me, I promise it will get better ^.^