First Encounters

Was there ever a doubt

 

 

 

The arrangement had been made years ago, something that Himchan had came to know about for a long while through the hushed talks behind his back and the presistant arrangements of meetings with his future bethroed. He didn't mind it though, instead he had tried to build up this perfect little fantasy, revolving around his husband to be. Little thoughts of how perfect everything would be, even if this was not what he had hoped for, even if this was not something he had been prepared for. From early age, he had been taught to rule, just like his much older alpha sister, expect she was taught to rule the people of her husband to be. With him being the male heir, it was thought that he would grow up to be a strong alpha as well, just like his father and sister, yet when the day of age had come and he had revealed, to be an omega; the supposedly softer and more delicate of the ranks, the look of disappointment had quiet evidently passed his fathers features, even if he did try not to show it. The arrangement was made only a few days after and Himchan quietly resigned to his fate.

From then on the roles had been reversed and Himchan was taught what his sister had been learning for so many years and his sister had started to sit in court with his father, dealing with the affairs of their people. Ofcourse Himchan would visit sometimes so he could learn a few tricks as well but it wasn't the same and he didn't feel the same either.

 

Jung Daehyun was a fine noble, one that Himchan had met only a few days before his coming of age and revelation. The young lad had wished him luck and they had hit of a wonderful conversation. The younger had so casually joked about how he would have loved to have Himchan as a partner and his spouse but was highly doubtful that two alphas, and both male at that, would be able to work out a sucessful marriage. It was such a pity because Himchan was a beauty, he had marvelled.

Himchan had laughed at the comment back then but afterwards when he had sat infront of the young male for the first time, he had felt so awkward at the fact that they would be engaged soon. That he had not turned out to be that alpha, that the young man and many others had held the conception of. It was a strange feeling, a bad one, that had made him be awfully quiet rather than his easy self. Maybe Daehyun being younger than him was also one of the reasons or maybe because at that time they had so openly discussed so many future plans for the betterment of the relations between their houses when the two would become head.

Daehyun had been the first to break the silence and in the end Himchan was thankful that Daehyun had been kind enough to not salt his wounds and only said, that maybe it was fate and that they were meant to be together, on the matter. His words though had helped Himchan find ease and comfort. Their meetings afterwards were much more pleasant and both seemed to fit next to each other cutely, much to Himchans relief.

 

Himchan had started building those day dreams about their marriage after one day Daehyun had accidently or not so accidently blurted out about one of his and how he dreamt of what they would do and what they would be like after their marriage. It was the first time Himchan had seen Daehyun so shy and flushed that it had made him feel good... happy.

 

It made Himchan wonder that maybe they were soul mates after all...

 

But his fantasies, of Daehyun and their life together, were quick to shatter when the royal ball came about.

 

The royal ball was held in the capital that all noble houses were to attend. Himchan's father and sister were originally to take part in the event but because Daehyun had insisted, Himchan had went along too, to keep his fiance from 'boring conversations and people' as Daehyun had stated.

Himchan had only lost Daehyun for a moment, a minute or two, when a much stronger personality had made itself known. It wasn't anything like Himchan feeling himself surpressed by some power or presence or something, no. It was just strong eyes that had made contact with his and while most would cower away, Himchan had stared head on, unknowingly. The crown prince in return had smiled at him and only then had Himchan realized that he had been staring into the kindest and gentlest eyes, he had ever seen or looked into. Himchan had given a polite smile in return as the prince came over to him.

 

"Kim Himchan shi, if I am correct?" He had asked 

 

"your highness" Himchan replied with a little bow.

 

"no need for that and it's Yongguk"

 

Himchan had been so uncertain with the way the crown prince had talked so casually to him. But in his uncertainity, he had rather made an interesting conversation with the other. He was never one to cower after all and confidence always rediated of him with politeness ofcourse.  

 

"you are really interesting Himchan shi, but maybe that's why you are so charming. I hope to meet you again soon"

 

The words hadn't gone unnoticed by Himchan or the glances of the people around them. Himchan payed them no heed and only smiled when Daehyun came back to him. 

 

The porposal came as a great shock to everyone and especially to Daehyun and Himchan. But it was no surprise to either, no matter how bitter they got over the matter, that the crown princes proposal held greater value than Daehyuns. Himchans family was already on higher ground than Daehyuns house so wedding Himchan to some one higher than them held more worth, especially now that it was the crown prince, who would be king one day and that would make Himchan the monarch, the crowned head as well. (Queen!)

Himchan had wanted to protest, he had wanted to tell his father that he had already bonded with Daehyun and how hard it had been for him to stand where he was now but the moment he had walked into the throne room to talk to his father, the unexpected guests caught him even more off guard. 

 

"Ah Himchan, you have arrived at just the right moment" His sister had said smiling and walking towards him. She pulled him forward from where he had stood, frozen.

 

"We were just talking about you" His father said and Himchan could only sigh inwardly, bowing slightly in politeness.

 

Prince Yongguk, hid none of his emotions, smiling at Himchan and his father as they settled the matter. Everything was settled before Himchan; their engagement, their wedding date, the time between their wedding date where both of them could meet each other casually over lunches and dinners and events, to bond over. Prince Yongguk was also going to stay there for a while so any of Himchans thought of talking to Daehyun one last time and ending things without hurt, even though that wasn't possible; the hurt was already there and would stay there for a while, were destroyed. Still Himchan knew that Daehyun held nothing against him because he understood their political system very well. Himchan wished for him to really find someone he belonged with because even though for a short moment Daehyun had made them believe that they were destined, the reality had now shown itself to be much different. 

 

Even so, letting go of the feelings wasn't as hard as Himchan thought it to be.

 

 


 

first chapter~ Yay! :D 

comments are loved and appreciated~  :D