DADDY

CATCH ME, I'M FALLING FOR YOU

"Baby, are you ready?"

"Yes, Mommy! I'm very excited to see the fishes!" Coby exclaimed.

"Okay, let's go."

It was Coby's special day and Sunny's preparing a surprise birthday party for him in a well-known ocean park in the city. Coby thought they will just have a simple celebration at home. She smiled silently.

"Mommy, is Dada coming with us? How about Aunt Jess?? Coby asked after she checked his seatbelt.

"Hmmm. .your Dada is not around baby. He's out of country for a business engagement but he promised he's gonna call you later. Aunt Jess is busy baby but she will be there later." Sunny replied as she maneuvered the car out of the garage and drove towards their destination.

After fifteen minutes, they arrived at the area. Sunny sent a message to Jessica that they are already in the parking lot.

"Guys, they're here. Let's get ready.!" Jessica told everyone excitedly.

"Baby, before we go to the fishes, can we drop for a while in this room? Mommy has to give something to someone." 

"Okay, Mommy." Coby agreed, then hold her hand.

Sunny held the doorknob and opened the door.

"Happy birthday, Coby!" Everyone shouted. They were holding a big banner with Coby's face on it. The room was filled with balloons and cute mascots of superheroes like Batman and Spiderman. Jessica was holding the cake. Coby's classmates  and some friends were present as well.

"Happy birthday, Coby. I love you." Sunny hugged her son and kissed him on his forehead.

"Thank you, Mommy. I love it." Coby replied while giving her kisses all over her face yhat made Sunny smile.

"Hey, little gentleman. Happy birthday. Come on! Give Aunt Jess a hug and a kiss. But wait, make a wish first." 

Coby closed his eyes, with hands clasped together, he uttered his prayer, then he blew the candle. Everybody clapped their hands.

"What's your wish Coby baby?" Jessica asked.

"I wish, Aunt Jess that I can see. ." Coby's words were cut short when someone approached them.

"Excuse me, Miss Sunny, a certain Mr. Kim Suho is looking for you." The staff told them.

Jessica and Sunny looked at each other with wide eyes. Then, they looked at Coby who was looking at the door.

"Aunt Jess, you didn't hear me. My birthday wish is to see my daddy. " Coby said while dipping his fingers on the side of the cake and ate the icing.

Sunny's eyes became misty. She didn't know what to do. Coby's wish and the man standing on the door made her world stopped spinning. Her knees weakened. 

"What is he doing here?" Jessica whispered.

"I-i-iii don't know. I'm gonna talk to him Jess. Please take Coby with you." 

"What about Coby's wish? Seems like destiny heard your son's wish." 

Sunny sighed. "Let me talk to him first. If Sehun is just here, this will not be as hard as this."

"Hey, I'm here. You can do it. I think it's about time for a father and son eyeball." Jessica joked trying to light up the mood. She hugged Sunny and went to the food area with Coby.

"What are you doing here?! Haven't you received my text that I will be absent today?" Sunny's voice laced with poison as she faced Suho. She didn't care if he is her boss. They're not in the office!

"Hey! You're fiesty today, my Bunny" He  teased.

Sunny blew her imaginary bangs and gave her a deadly glare.

Suho raised his hands as if in defeat.

"Okay fine, I'm here to get your report on the Kwon's account. I need to double check the terms and conditions before the meeting next week."

"You're the boss. You could've sent someone to get the papers. And how did you know I'm here?" Sunny didn't mind inviting this culprit to sit down after he called her flirt. Huh! The hell with him.

"Connections. There's nothing in this world I wouldn't know." He boastfully replied.

Sunny opened her bag and got a pile of folders in it. Lucky he is she brought it. She handed it to him and turned around, as if telling him to go away. 

"Mommy! Mommy! Look! Aunt Jess gave me a big robot." Coby shouted while running towards them. Sunny's eyes grew wide. She looked at Suho who was looking at her son, intently as if remembering something. 

"Who are you? Are you my mommy's friend?" Coby asked innocently.

"Yes, I'm Mommy's friend. Hey, little man. Is it your birthday? Happy birthday." Sunny immediatrely turned around after she heard him said it. 

Her heart beat faster when she saw Suho kneeling down in front of Coby. She saw Jessica on the other side shrugging her shoulders.

"Thank you. What is your name?" 

"I'm Kim Suho. How about you?"

"Coby. Coby Shawn Kim."

Sunny's eyes filled with tears. Suho was speechless. The child's words was like a bomb to him. His chest tightened while looking at the child in front of him. He looked at Sunny whose eyes were misty, silently asking her.

"What's going on?" He asked himself.

Sunny looked at Jessica. She nooded. Sunny took a deep sigh and faced the two of them.

"Coby, what's your wish again?" She asked her son.

Coby looked at her then to Suho.

"I wish I can see my real Daddy, Mommy so that I can hug and kiss him. "

Sunny's tears were rolling now on her cheeks. She can't help it. 

Coby wiped her tears with his cute hands.

"What's wrong Mommy? Why are you crying."

"Coby. . . .say hi to your daddy." Sunny uttered while looking at Suho whose eyes grew wide. 

 

A/N: Something came up. Sorry. Hope you'll like this one, still. Xoxo