Butterfly

F(x) Station - Butterfly (Philippines) - ZekkenKryberLiu

Amber’s POV

Being the person you could count on to can sometimes be the worst thing you’ll let yourself become into, but you being the one I’m helping always make me forget about it all. I promised to be always there for you, no matter what’s the reason, no matter how much it may affect me.

I’ll always love you, and even when my position in your life is only just a best friend … I’ll still never leave you. I promise.

I fall for you ever since I met you, the time when we’re still strangers. I was stunned by your beauty, by your voice, and by your eyes that twinkles. I stuttered many times as I open up a conversation. It was embarrassing, yes it is. But that was also the luckiest moment of mine. You replied and accepted my offer. We became friends where I am your servant and you’re my princess. It’s childish, I know. But it was the endearment that I treasure the most out of all things.

Feeling like everything’s the first time like a child, but it really does. You’re the first girl who I ever fall into, and I guess, will be the last one in my whole life.

I’ll spread my wings and fly around your embrace whenever you’re about to cry, and break down for the whole day and night. Like the trembling times of the beginning, you’ll go to my side again, looking for comfort as you burst out everything you kept inside your little heart.

Light is spread in your space as I tell you sweet nothings and lame jokes just to make you smile.

I wanna explore the tunnel entangled in logic, where I’ll know you more … so that I know what I have to do to make you feel better and loved every day. Every likes and dislikes, and those hobbies and habits of yours was listed here in my llama brain. I’ll shower you everything that I have, I’ll understand every rant you showed to me, and I’ll never get tired of it all. I promise.

The amazing you, who shocks me at the blink of an eye is so special that I sometimes wish that you’ll be mine, and mine only. But I can’t be so selfish, can I? Well, I’m already contented with only this to be honest. At least I’m something important to you … right?

I sometimes dream of us, where I’m the one you really love, and not your stupid boyfriend that can’t even give you the right treatment that you really need. I wanna land on you and smell your scent, you’re too precious and fragile that I want to be always there to protect you, but I can’t because you said that he’s already there to help you up.

But who were you kidding? Yup, he’s there. But then, you’ll still stick up with me. It sometimes gives me hope that even though it’s so slight and small, there’s still a chance to be an ‘us’.

The mysterious you, who is so beautiful, that effortlessly captivated my poor heart. No one will break you anymore … just please accept my love. I’ll do everything for you, without you talking, but just by looking straight to my eyes. I’ll try the impossible just for you, and I’ll never stop. I promise.

“God, why are you so dramatic?!”

Krystal’s POV

“God, why are you so dramatic?!” I said to my boyfriend’s silly love letters as I read them again.

“Oh, come on, Krys. The way you react at it might sound like it’s nothing to you but I can clearly see you blushing. Oh, and one more thing! Is it a bedtime story to you, because you always read it before we sleep?” Amber said while clinging around my waist like a baby koala. I blinked my eyes rapidly while touching my cheeks.

‘Am I, really?!’ He then chuckled which made me glare at him. He gulped while I smiled in victory.

“Anyway, it’s our 7th anniversary tomorrow. Wanna go out and look for all the places we go to since we’re little to spend the day for it?” I suggested as I put all the love letters that Amber made for me in my special safety box. “Hmm … I guess that’s a great idea to spend our anniversary. I’m gonna list it all now. Don’t miss me, ok? I’ll be back.” He winked, trying to tease me up, but too bad. I just smack him and pushed him out the room.

“Why did I ever fall to a stupid dork like that llama-faced guy?” I ask to my llama plushy that Amber gave to me for my 15th birthday. It may be childish for my age that time, but it’s so cute, just like him. And it’s so special too. I lay down over our bed while hugging my llama plushy and stared at the ceiling, which is full of glowing in the dark, plastic stars.

‘Once again, I know it’s childish … BUT AMBER AND I LOVE IT SO GO AWAY!!!’

I was a mess before but Amber was always there, taking care of me. He never leaves my side until the end … just like he promised. I always picked the wrong guy to love, and he’ll be always there to comfort me whenever I broke down. He’ll never stop picking the pieces of my broken heart.

He’s my best friend and even when he’s just that to me, he never seemed to get tired of me. For the whole 6 years of friendship, I can say that aside from Sulli, Luna and Victoria who are also my girl best friends, Amber is the only guy I accepted as a special friend and the one I always counted on to out of all of them. I sometimes even entrust him more than I did to my big sister, Jessica.

Before I even know it, I was already falling for you, little by little. Your unlimited support, care, and love made me realized that the one I’ve been looking for was always been here beside me. I’m just too stupid and blind to feel it.

Those times of realization of my love to you, one by one, I wanna put the puzzle together. I want to take it all in, not because I’m still hesitating, but to know what I’ll do next. I’ve been stupid for too long and I don’t want to continue being one, with me not being with you.

I know it, because your focus has lightened up the darkness, I was still in one piece. I’m still on my feet and I’m still smiling brightly. It was all because of you. You gave me all the love that I’m looking for and you’re still continuing to give it to me even now.

Love blooms from inside of you completed me, and I’ll never look for more if you’re there. Even if I have to be selfish, I will definitely keep you to myself.

On September 5, I confessed to you. I asked for help from all of my close friends, including yours and my sister. It was embarrassing but if it’s for my heart to finally find peace in your embrace then I’m ready for every obstacle no matter how hard it is.

I can’t stop my tears from falling down when you said that you love me too. It was funny, to be honest. We confessed at the same time and we even yelled it up with our cheeks completely red as a tomato. We’re both shocked but I was the first to react. I cried nonstop while you just kept unmoved, though your mouth was completely wide open.

But then you hugged me tight and I return that hug with the same affection to it. You kissed my forehead, and even with just that, I can fully feel all the love from you that I’ve always been longing to.

You then told me that I’m your white butterfly that you’ve been trying to catch all this time. “Yeah, a white butterfly it is.” He said. And I replied, “When the road starts to split, I’ll be a butterfly circling you with my wings spread. I promise.” We shared a meaningful smile before holding each other’s hand and go home.

“Hey Krys, I’m finished! Let’s go to sleep, Princess!” I snapped out of my own world when I heard my dorky boyfriend called out. He jump to our bed like a kid and crawled to my side. Clinging to my arm, he snuggled beside me and acts like a dinosaur, playfully biting my pajama shirt’s sleeve.

“Let’s play first before we sleep.” I showed my aegyo to him, and like always, he’ll immediately fall for it. “O-ok, what do you want to play then?” I smirked and pulled him very close that his nose already hit mine. “I can’t fully feel your love today so … how can you show it? You better surprise me, okay?” I playfully pinched his cheeks before pushing him off the bed. “If you don’t satisfy me, you’ll be sleeping in the couch.” I added and I can see his jaw dropped.

“Ok, but do you have any suggestion for me?” He said as he stood up. “Hmm … I’m so sorry, but I got nothing in mind right now. Better use your llama brain or the couch will welcome you tonight.” I smiled at him before looking away.

I heard him sighed, but after a few minutes, he shouted, “Oh, I know!” I looked up to him, only to see him grinning at me. “Let’s speak in our own language then. I know you’ll really like it, won’t you?” His grin became bigger when he noticed me gulping down. “You better ready yourself for a sleepless night, Soojung!” Once again, he jumped over the bed, not like a kid, but more like a big bad wolf who’s starting to salivate over his prey.

I sighed. “I guess I won’t be sleeping tonight. Aish! Why did I even suggested this stupid game anyway?!” I just let myself get eaten by this creepy dork face.

And so, the night before our anniversary was spent like a crazy party. I hope we can still do our road trip today without bumping over someone’s car. My eye bags are so big! I swear I’m gonna strangle this stupid dino-llama faced, dorky boyfriend of mine right now!

Author’s POV

The two left their house with a simple, lavender colored note with white butterfly designs, placed above the bed they always shared the night with.

Note:

“We’re like butterflies. We can go by ourselves or by colony. Our wings are more fragile than a little bird. But no matter how torn my pure white wings are, I’ll still flap it away from the darkness until I reach and land over you. I know it will heal someday, because I’ll have you to care for it. You’re my love, you’re my life, my one and only … white butterfly.”