I won't let go

Cold Water

A girl starring at nothing particular in her small apartment's balcony. Usually she puts her earphones on, sets it to the max volume and plays whatever song she feels right. But not tonight. She is all alone, the other girls left to Hawaii already. She never likes the silence, it makes her feels empty. But now she needs it more than anyone.

 

Everybody gets high sometimes, you know

What else can we do when we're feeling low?

 

The short ring of her phone breaks her from her trance, she wants to ignore it but that specific ringtones that she put for only some important people in her life makes her do the opposite. She grabs the phone beside her, a frown appears after she read the message.

 

From : Jessi <3

It's not good to stay all alone outside in this late hours.. Besides zoning out is my thing, not yours.

 

She starts to touch some words in order to reply the message but another message pops up, before she even touch the send button.

 

From : Jessi <3

Look down.. Inside the telephone booth..

 

So take a deep breath and let it go

You shouldn't be drowning on your own..

 

She takes no time to finds it and inside there is Jessica Jung, her neck covered with scarf, and her signature black shades nesting on her nose. Even if Jessica looks so small from where she stands, she is sure that a small smile plasters on Jessica's face. 

 

She don't know what is in the other girl mind right now, stands in a public place, with some people still walking around the street and in front of her ex-girl group's apartment building. She dials the other girl's number immediately. After a few beeps, she looks that the ice princess picks up her phone.

 

"Hello.." From the voice she can tell that the brunette is tired. She can't help but worry more.

 

"What are you doing there Jessi?"

 

"Hmm.. Answering your call..? can I come over?" Jessica asks Tiffany like a kid who asks permission from her mom to let her buy an ice cream.

 

"What? You are so silly.. If you want to come over you can just park your car inside my building. There are still people out there near you.. What if they recognize you?"

 

"I don't care if they recognize me or even spread a bad rumors about me later. They can do or say whatever they want to.. I won't give a .. so Steph.. can I come over?" 

 

Jessica really knows the risk of her action but being a spontaneous person she is, when she feels like it she will do it right away, with plans in mind of course, because she not someone who is careless..

 

"Of course you can Jessi.. But i can't pick you up in the lobb-"

 

"Okay.. Wait for me there.."

 

And if you feel you're sinking, I will jump right over

Into cold, cold water for you..

 

The call ends just like that, and Tiffany only sighs at the brunette antics. After a few minutes she hears the front door open the brunette knows their door lock password, and Tiffany walks slowly towards it only to startles by a sudden hug by the brunette. She miss this.. Her warmth, Her vanilla scent..

 

"I'm sorry Tiff.." and Her angelic voice

 

"Why are you saying sorry Jessi?"

 

"Because I can't be here sooner for you.." 

 

Jessica realize that Tiffany getting thinner than usual, there is no smile to greet her, she misses the other girl eye smile, her loud lively voice that can brighten up her darkest sky.

 

"It's okay.. You can't help it.. You have to do your jobs too.."

 

Tiffany feels the hug tighten but not in painful way, because the brunette hand gestures on her back soothing her somehow..

 

"I miss you Tiff.."

 

"I miss you too Jessi.. a lot.."

 

**

 

The black haired girl resting her head onto the brunette's shoulder comfortably playing with the other's fingers. They are both laying on the bed just enjoy each other presence..

 

"I still don't get it why are you stood across the street earlier.. You could just come inside this apartment.. You took taxi to get here?"

 

"No.. My manager unnie dropped me off a block away from that booth, i walked from there. And i don't want to just barging in like robber or something, I have manners and You have privacy. If you want some time alone, i will just give you a space and come back some other time.. But since you let me to come, I can't hold the urge to meet you as quick as possible.."

 

And although time may take us into different places

I will still be patient with you..

 

She said it sincerely, not in sarcastic way and Tiffany know it.. And It's so true that the ice princess have a soft spot for the eye smiling girl.. Her world can turns around into 180 degree when it comes to Tiffany.. The other always about her being a whipped girlfriend but she just shrugged it off..

 

"Hmm.."

 

Tiffany just nods her head slowly. Jessica knows too well that what happened still bothers her girlfriend. She pecks Tiffany's hair, and it lingers there for a while, inhaling a strawberry scented shampoo that used by Tiffany.

 

"Care to share a penny for your thoughts Tiff?"

 

"It's scares me Jessi.. This whole thing.. People that tend to love us, can change.. They turns their back and says hurtful words to us just in a blink of an eye.."

 

The tears slip from the corner of her eyes, and the brunette notices this. Tiffany rarely crying in public because she don't want to other people see her as a weak person, but with Jessica, it's another story. Tiffany can feel free to express her emotion to Jessica because she feels safe around her. Jessica lifts up Tiffany's chin to face her and wipe her tears. She kisses the trembling lips of her girlfriend slowly.

 

"People are people, most of the time they just want to see what they expect to see. But in reality they can't always get what they want to.. Even in a fairytale stories people makes mistakes but they fix it.. Some of them won't easily forgive or forget the mistake you made maybe, but they will eventually as the time goes by.. Everything will be okay Tiff.. I'm promise.."

 

Cause we all get lost sometimes, you know

It's how we learn and how we grow..

 

**

 

"Do have work to do tomorrow? Can you stay tonight Jessi?"

 

"No.. I told Tyler to empty my schedule for a week.. I have worked my off in New York anyway.. So he better give me my free days or else.. And yes I can stay by your side maybe the whole week or even forever if you want to.."

 

"I wonder who is the boss in your agency sometimes.."

 

For the first time that night Tiffany lets out a little laugh. And it makes Jessica's heart lighter and she smiles wider..

 

"He might be the boss of me, but still I'm the one who makes money flows smoothly to his company. So he better treats me well.. I won't leave you alone when you struggle no matter what, because we always do better when we are together.."

 

And I wanna lay with you 'til i'm old

You shouldn't be fighting on your own..

 

**

 

"These past few days made me crazy too you know.. Your absence in Social Media just torture me more.. You always update your statuses and activities but then you are just missing.. It's not that i'm being insensitive but it makes me missing you more when i can't reach you.."

 

"But you can always send me a message or video call me Jessi"

 

"It's still different Tiff.. I can't just video call you when ever i want to.. Some people will flip if they saw my face in your phone.."

 

"Then you want me to send you a video of my activities daily? Not by social media of course.."

 

Jessica a can feel the teasing. But she just play along..

 

"I would love to if you don't mind" her smirk comes out naturally.

 

"I don't mind if you do the same Jessi.. You are my girlfriend after all.." Tiffany brings her girlfriend's hand closer to her face and kiss it gently.

 

"Okay.. Deal.. Hmm.. Tiff.. You know the news reporter that insult you the other day? he will get fired by now.."

 

"How do you know such thing Jessi?" Tifanny looks up to the brunette with wide eyes.

 

"I told Dad.. And He knows some people in that company. He told them to fire that unmannered guy or he will sue the company for spoiling the good name of yours.. SONE all around the world spamming their company's website too.. So thanks to them the company agreed to fire him.. "

 

"You don't have to do that.. You know I'm at fault too"

 

"But he has to learn a lesson to control his mouth and don't mess with the Jungs Tiff.." Jessica says with a pout visible on her face.

 

The words makes Tiffany's heart flutter and warm, the protectiveness, and the way Jessica said it like she is a part of the Jung's family already, makes her feel needed and loved..

 

"Oh yeah Tiff.. Sunny said that you misses home.. Do you want to go back for a while to California..? Pays a visit to your family.."

 

"It's not necessary Jessi.. I don't want to make them more worried about me.. I have called them the other day to tell them that i'm fine here.. And whenever you're with me, it feels like home already.."

 

Tiffany snuggles more to Jessica's collar bones. And even in silence they both knows that they won't let go of each other forever..

 

And I hope you know.. I won't let go..

I'll be your lifeline tonight.. I won't let go..