Do You Realize What You Had Done?!

Thailand Prince’s Love Story

 

 

A week later at school, it was no different than any other day. At lunch time, students are either going to the cafeteria or staying and gossiping in class. In Nichkhun’s class, he’s seen lifeless, sat limply next to Wooyoung who was eating the lunch he brought from home.

“What’s wrong with you, really? You are not usually this silent. You don’t even try to snatch some of my food today.” Wooyoung asked him. Although he’s glad that his best friend leave him alone with his lunch but he’s not glad that Nichkhun’s quietness, he realized, was a sign that something was going on with him, something bad.

Something took over the attention of the girls in the class. They were whispering, but not about Nichkhun. They were whispering about the senior guy who’s standing by the door, looking for someone. His appearance is indeed beyond the average, by all good means. His name is Taecyeon.

“Nichkhun, come with me, there’s something I want to talk to you.” Taecyeon said to Nichkhun when he finally found who he was looking for. Nichkhun just slowly got up from his seat and followed Taecyeon without slightest bit worry. The juniors along the hallway were staring and whispering. It’s unusual for the upperclassmen to walk around in sophomore’s hallway, and it is more unusual for a handsome, angry-looking senior to walk in the hallway with a sophomore following him silently. But it didn’t bother any of those two. They just kept walking, no one knows where.

Taecyeon led him to an empty hallway before he suddenly stopped and turned around to land a punch on Nichkhun’s cheek. His punch was strong and full of rage. It actually sent Nichkhun lying on the floor.

“You! Do you realize what you had done?!” Taecyeon shouted in anger to Nichkhun.

 “What do I do?” Nichkhun asked calmly as he wiped the blood that had dripping from his mouth.

“You better not pretend you don’t know about what you had done to my sister!” Taecyeon kept shouting at him. Yes, Taecyeon is Victoria’s older brother, her only one. And Nichkhun knows about this.

“I didn’t do anything.” Nichkhun lied, knowing fully what Taecyeon had meant. But it’s not like he sent her to hospital or something. He just broke her heart, he told himself bitterly. That’s not something he’s happy about. “You better stop shouting. You do not want to send teachers running here. Or do you?” He told Taecyeon. Taecyeon looked like he was holding himself to not throwing another punch to the guy in front of him, but Nichkhun’s words has indeed make him think twice. He wasn’t afraid of getting caught, but he surely didn’t want to get his father in trouble. They had worrying enough about his sister. They don’t need to start worrying about him too.

"You dare to hurt my sister, huh?! Who do you think you are! And I thought maybe you could make her happy, how I was so wrong. You are no more than worthless brat.” Taecyeon said, he didn’t shout but his voice was still loud, he was so mad after all.

Nichkhun was taken aback by what Taecyeon has said. One side he’s worrying about the girl, the other side he’s very angry. "Your father are the one who are not even approving it, and I was the one who’s blamed for everything?!” Nichkhun said defensively.

"Then you should have not approaching my sister from the start if you’re going to cowardly end your relationship with her!” Taecyeon’s words filled the hallway’s silences. His words sunk in Nichkhun’s heart. He knew he’s right, but loving someone has never been a choice.

Nichkhun fell in love with Victoria at the first sight and he couldn’t stop. He did know Taecyeon was right, but he’s not going to let him put all the blame on him. What was so wrong with loving someone even though at the end it’s not working out?

“What it had to do with you anyway? You’re no different with your father.” Nichkhun said to him just to prove his point. They’re no different.

“I was different. But now I know my father is right. You are just going to hurt her. Nothing good comes out of your relationship with her! I should have known better.” Taecyeon said as he felt the remorse haunting him. He really love his sister, more than anything, her getting hurt was the last thing he wanted to happen.

“Yeah, right, you should have known better. I would never be able to make her happy. But your family can, can’t they? By stopping her getting her happiness just because of their caste, because they think they’re better than us, that we can give nothing to your sister. Well, I did give her happiness before your family takes it away from her.” Nichkhun despised the people from higher caste, he despised the way they always humiliate his family. Victoria was the only one who’s different. She has no hatred in her eyes when he first met her and looked at her deeply in her eyes. Well maybe now, everything was different. He’s sure there will be hatred in her eyes when he looked into her eyes.

Taecyeon didn’t like the way Nichkhun talked about his family. Nichkhun really didn’t know anything about his family. He has no right to say anything about his family. They might sometimes do wrong, but they still have nice sides, too. And they’re his family no matter what. He loves them as well. “You know nothing about my family! Don’t you dare talk about my family like that! At least we are not a bunch of cowards.”

“You don’t know anything!” Nichkhun’s very upset.

“You’re the one who don’t know anything! Do you know Victoria’s been absent for a week?” Taecyeon asked him. He knew how much Nichkhun cared about his sister, how much Nichkhun cares, by the worries in his eyes. And by Nichkhun’s silence respond to his question, this news for him.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with her, she got a very high fever, and she can’t even get up from her bed. We even have to put her to hospital.” Taecyeon said to him. Taecyeon has calmed down. He’s really worried about his sister. And then he continued, “I think you should go see her.” No matter how much he wanted to make Nichkhun disappear, he can’t deny the fact that this guy who had hurt his sister is also the only one who can make her happy right now.

“I-I don’t think I should. She hates me. I am afraid she will just going to hurt even more.”

“Then you better think of something! This is going nowhere. Be responsible for what you have done, would you?!” Taecyeon had given up. He couldn’t think of anything else except getting them back together. He knew Victoria will be able to move on as the time goes. But will there be enough time? She kept getting worse. First thing first, getting Victoria better is the most important thing right now.

"What am I supposed to do? Getting back with her? I’m… I’m with someone else now.” Nichkhun was very confused in what to do. He just want to disappear and erasing all memories of himself inside everyone else’s minds. But that’s not possible, is it?

“I know you are close with Krystal now, but actually she’s only getting close to you just to use you, can’t you see that?" Taecyeon tried to tell him.

"How can I see that? She can use me all she wants. At least I can go with her anywhere we like without feeling afraid of getting caught and being sent to police, reported as kidnapper.” Nichkhun answered in frustration. That’s right. The memory is still fresh in his mind. He never thought Victoria’s parents will go as far as that. Luckily, Victoria was able to set free from her house and came to the police station to tell them the truth. He might have to live in prison.

“Really? Now you’re talking about that? That’s what you want? Being used?” Taecyeon shook his head. “And I thought you really love my sister. I was so wrong about many things, but I didn’t think I wouldn’t be wrong at this. But I am wrong.”

Nichkhun getting irritated he said, “I do love her! I… do love her. I love her more than anything. I never had once thought I would ever lose her. I don’t ever want to let her go.” His heart is in pain. The most painful thing in this world is losing someone you love.

“Then why would you ever let her go?” Taecyeon asked him softly.

 “This is also confusing for me, you know? Do you think unblessed relationships are easy to work on?! I have no hope!" Nichkhun’s mind had traveled anywhere, he lose his energy. Even though he still had feelings toward Victoria, but he had trying so hard to throw it away thinking it might be better to let her go. But so far, he has no luck, he still loves her. She deserved better. She shouldn’t end up like this.
“Our parents… They say they would reconsider about your relationship. They really want to make Victoria happy.”

“Your father might would reconsider, how about my parents? After all, my parents are also not agreeing my relationship with your sister after your parents insults my family!" Nichkhun started to get angry again remembering how his family had been humiliated.

“I am sorry, okay? I really am. Relax, we need to calm down. Let’s just put everything aside for now. You don’t want to let Victoria suffering more, do you?”

“No.”

"Listen, I'll help you, take it easy. Let’s solve it one by one." Taecyeon patted Nichkhun back as he said, "Tomorrow, Saturday, comes to the park in downtown!"

With that, their conversation is over, leaving Nichkhun with so many things to think about.

***

On Saturday, as promised, Taecyeon and Nichkhun had a brief chat in the park, and then they went to a cafe near the train station. No, they are not there to pour down their feelings again. It’s more of a mission.

Taecyeon went into the café with camera hidden in his coat while Nichkhun just waiting outside to avoid being recognized. Taecyeon was sitting not far from a reserved table.  A half hour later, the reserved table was occupied. Surprisingly, they are occupied by Krystal and Junho, Nichkhun’s classmates. From the conversation they had and their gestures, it’s obvious they have been an item for a long time.

***
 

"Nichkhun, shows this tape to them, and then broke up with Krystal. She won’t be able to deny anything after seeing it.” Taecyeon handed the camera to Nichkhun. “And then, go see Victoria.” Taecyeon’s eyes got softer upon talking about his sister.

As if knowing what still worried Nickhun, Taecyeon continued, “I’ll talk to your parents. Don’t worry. Everything’s going to be fine." Taecyeon stood up from his seat in the park bench, Nichkhun stood up too. Taecyeon gave a light pat on his shoulder, encouraging the boy.

“Thank you.”

“No problem, now go! The faster the better.”

Nichkhun nodded and walked his way to the hospital. He was eager, he's half-running now, he want to meet Victoria as soon as possible.