Happily Ever After Please?

Thailand Prince’s Love Story

Nichkhun stopped in front of hospital building. He will finally be able to see Victoria, he thought to himself. He just realized how much he misses her and how much his heart is in pain. He never thought about his own pain, his mind was too filled up with Victoria. He was really worried about her. One glance that night into her eyes, he knew just how much she’s hurting. But he thought Victoria was a strong girl, she would eventually get over him and move on. She would get her happiness back, maybe from someone new. What had happened to her?

He was about to step into the hospital, but the camera he was holding reminded him of the business he hadn’t solved. He forgot he still hadn’t break up with Krystal.  He cursed himself as he walked away from the hospital to take care of what had been holding him back. It’s not going to be easy, he told himself. Krystal had never been an easy case. She doesn’t like it if things don’t go her way. But he has to do it no matter how. He’s tired of making mistakes.

Everything’s just so wrong.

***

Victoria stood silently near the window of her hospital room. She was glad that the IV has been removed from her hand. She hates anything with needles. She was still really sick, but she threatened her father she would run off from the hospital if the IV is not removed from her hand. One week is enough. She could not go another day with a needle planted in her vein. She held on to the bed’s frame that as high as her shoulder. She sometimes has a headache. It hurts so bad she would fall if she’s not holding onto anything.

But still, the part of her that hurts most right now is her heart.

She thought about all the scenario that might cause him to do this. But she didn’t dare to get her hopes up. She knew that she really needs to stop thinking about him, that she needs to move on. How am I supposed to move on? She asked herself. Maybe if I just focused myself to get better, I might just be able to forget him for a while… She thought to herself. But then she remembered that being in hospital meaning there are fewer things to do, meaning she would not be able to distract herself from the thought of him.

She sighed as she watched the tiny people walked on the street. She smiled to herself. She would be able to do this. She’s not the first person who had experienced a break up. All those people might have experienced it at least once and yet their life still goes on.

A guy who was walking faster than people around him caught her attention. Her heart flinched. Is that Nichkhun? That thought lingering in her mind. But she quickly erased the thought. How could it be him, he doesn’t even know she’s here. She had told everyone who knew she’s in the hospital to not even give him a clue about it. She already felt defeated. She didn’t know what Nichkhun will think if he knew about it.

What is she thinking? He might not even thinking about her at all. Why would he? He has Krystal to think about. Not her, not anymore.

She sighed again as if sighing can erased the crucial pain in her heart. She just wanted this to be over soon, so she could go back to her old life. Well, her old life minus Nichkhun. She suddenly felt a sharp pain in her head, the headache has come back. She tried to sit on her bed and almost fell to the floor. She decided to sleep through it, it usually worked. When she woke up, everything is going to get better, she told herself as she closed her eyes, ignoring the pain that make her head throb.

There is just one thought that kept lingering in her mind, what is it she really wants, having Nichkhun back or quickly forgetting about everything?

***

After knocking the door, Nichkhun stood awkwardly in Krystal’s porch as he watched the grasses on the yard. He didn’t think he would have to break another heart. Well, if Krystal did has a feeling for him. Weird, he thought to himself. It felt really different from what he felt back then when he was about to break up with Victoria. He didn’t want to ever felt like that anymore. The feeling was so awful, he can’t even describe it. Maybe it was because he still loves Victoria when he broke up with her. While this time with Krystal, wait, is this mean he doesn’t even love Krystal?

A hug from behind broke his thought, Krystal clung on to his back. “Where have you been, Nichkhun? I miss you so bad.” She told him.

He tried to get himself out of Krystal’s hug. He needs to get over this as soon as possible. “I’ve been ehm, kind of busy.” He paused for a bit and then continued, “Listen Krystal, I think…” But before he could even finish his sentence, Krystal was sobbing with her hands covering her face. “Krystal…” Nichkhun felt bad for her. He knows he shouldn’t, Krystal just date him to use him he reminded himself. Not that he mind that, since he also used her in a way. The only reason Victoria is agreeing to the break up was because he told her he was in love with Krystal.

“I..I…know what you were going to say.” Krystal said in between her loud sobs. “I know I’m too clingy and haven’t really been a good girlfriend for you, but I’ve tried. I tried really hard.” She looked up to face Nichkhun. Tears were on her cheeks. But her pretty face was still, well, pretty, if possible even prettier. If Nichkhun hadn’t known what she did behind his back, he might not be able to tell she was lying. But he did know, so it doesn’t affect him.

“You can stop. I know what you’ve been doing behind my back with Junho, and who knows who else.” He said to her coldly.

“What do you mean? I didn’t do anything. You’re my only one.” Krystal lied to him again, a very convincing lie. She looked so innocent.

Nichkhun started to lose his patience, he didn’t understand at all. “Krystal, you need to stop. Let’s just end this peacefully. I won’t tell anyone. I promise.”

“No, I don’t want to break up. I didn’t do anything wrong. Who told you this lies? Is it Victoria? She’s such a liar. She’s jealous of me, she always has. Why can’t she just mind her own business?” Krystal had stop crying and started accusing Victoria. Krystal did have a bad relationship with Victoria. They had been friends once. But they barely talk to each other now. Not because Nichkhun, it was way before that.

“Krystal, stop, I don’t want to hear you talk about Victoria like that.” Nichkhun warned her. He’s irritated, he’s mad. He didn’t like the way she talk about Victoria.

“It’s her, isn’t it? She was the one that put that lies in your head, making you doubting me. I swear if I see her again I will rip off every smile on her fa—“

“Stop! She’s not the one who told me this. I saw it with my own eyes.”

“Really? You saw me?”

“Yes, I saw you this morning in a café, with Junsu.”

Krystal didn’t show a single flinch or anything that could point out she was at fault. “You must have been mistaken me for someone else. I haven’t been anywhere, but home today.”

Nichkhun was tired, he the camera and showed the video to her. Krystal stared at it silently. Nichkhun wonder what more lies she will told him this time, that they are just friends? That it has been a coincident and she wouldn’t tell him because she was afraid he would get mad? No lies can stop him breaking up with her, he thought to himself.

But no, Krystal doesn’t tell more lies, instead she said, “Well, I got caught. Let’s break up. I’m breaking up with you.” She wiped her tears. “I don’t need you anymore anyway, Victoria is lost already. You should see the look on her face when I told her about how you despised her and her family. Oh, and also about how you love me even when you’re still with her. It was really entertaining.” Krystal then started laughing like she was laughing at some sort of comedy show.

“You being with me is hurting enough for her. Is using me not enough?”

Krystal stopped laughing and answered Nichkhun, “Don’t talk about me using you. You used me too, don’t you? We are even. Don’t dare blame me for everything you’ve done. I don’t even force you to date me. You came at me like a moth drawing to the light. Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, if you were never have a doubt about your relationship, you would never lose her. Poor Victoria, she really loves you. Well, loved you. Not that it really matters to me.“

“Why? Why would someone do something like this? You used to be her friend.”

“You asked me why? She never told you, did she? She always has been such a good girl in front of you. Well, let me tell you this. She’s not. She’s even worse than me. What’s the use of telling you? You wouldn’t believe me anyway, would you?”

Nichkhun kept his silence. Victoria is worse than Krystal? He certainly wouldn’t believe it. Victoria is the nicest girl he ever knows.

“Shoo, get out of my porch. Go home and cry, cry all night long. Have a good weekend, dear.” Krystal said to Nichkhun as she walked into her house and slams the door in front of Nichkhun’s face.

***

Nichkhun once again standing in front of the hospital, but not for long, he’s been longing to meet Victoria. He walked fast, almost running. His heart just couldn’t take it anymore. He really wanted to hug Victoria and never let go.

He had reached the room where Victoria’s admitted at. But instead of going in, he stopped in front of the door asking questions to himself. What is he going to say? That he wants her back? That he’s sorry for breaking her heart? Is she even going to ever forgive him?

He looked through the glass part of the door and saw Victoria sleeping. Without even realizing it, he’s already inside, sitting on a chair next to Victoria’s bed. His heart throb watching Victoria’s pale face. She must have been in a lot of pain.

“I am so sorry Victoria.” He said softly. There are just a lot of things he’s sorry of, it pained him even more. He knows she can’t hear him but he just kept going, “I kept telling myself that I’m doing this is because of our parents, but you know, I was just tired. I’m just not strong enough. I’m not as strong as you, Victoria.”

He placed his hand on top of Victoria’s hand. Feeling the warmth of her skin crawling to his own skin. And he continued, “But then again, even though I’m not strong enough. These feelings just won’t disappear. I don’t think apologizing can take back every pain I’ve caused. But I just want you to know how much I regret everything. I thought after leaving you, I could slowly let go of everything. But no, I couldn’t. I keep missing you so much, it hurts. Because without you everything just doesn’t seem right. You’re the one thing that set everything in my life in place. And yet, I let you go. I am the most foolish person for that. I know I am being selfish right now just for wishing you could forgive me and be by my side once again, but I really do want you back. I just love you so much.” Nichkhun started to cry at this point.

He continued, “I… I love you so much I could die.”

***

Victoria’s POV

I opened my eyes and watched Nichkhun sleep peacefully next to me.  I sat down and moved my hand to touch his hair. I just realized how much I missed being like this, being with Nichkhun.

I slept after hearing him confessing his feelings. I honestly know that Nichkhun is using Krystal after a while. But I just pretended to not knowing, pretended that he really is in love with Krystal that he’s willing to leave me, because if I don’t, it just hurt even more. Knowing that Nichkhun went as far as pretending to be in love with Krystal just to get rid of me, the thought of it just hurt so much.

‘I love you so much I could die.’ Those words kept ringing in my head.

If you love me so much, even if you weren’t strong enough, how could you leave me, Nichkhun? How could you leave me?

I started to cry.

Nichkhun was awoken and was surprised to see me crying. Before he even have time to speak I said to him, “Even if you’re here, even if we got back together, even if I could forgive you over time, even if… even if you love me so much you could die. How can I be sure that one day when everything gets hard again you wouldn’t leave me again?”

I watched him through my tears that I couldn’t see what expression he was wearing. When he didn’t answer me I said to him, “I don’t want to live all my life wondering if you would leave me again for any reason, Nichkhun. Are you even sure that you really love me?”

He then said to me, “I may not know about the future, but I know I love you, Victoria. I really love you and I promise you, no matter how much it would get hard, I would never leave you ever again. I promise.”

I wiped my tears and saw clearly. Nichkhun’s expression that was strong but at the same time is also gentle. The exact same expression he was wearing on the day he confessed his feelings to me two years ago. And just as two years ago, my feelings toward him never once change.

“Please Victoria… I don’t know how I could ensure you, I don’t know how many times I should say how much I love you. I-I..”

Everything just went silent as my lips met his. I was just as surprised as him, kissing him like this, he would kept reminding me of this, ah, so embarrassing.

When the kiss stopped, he smiled to me, a smile so warmth even the sun would get jealous. Then he hugs me and said, “Thank you Victoria.”

In his hugs I felt everything is just right. There would be times when our differences just get in between us and at times I would wonder whether this relationship would last, whether I would ever felt those pains again. But when you love someone, none of that matters. You just want to be with the person you love, and cherish him as long as you are allowed to. Differences sometimes keep you apart, but love, it keeps you close.

 

“I hope this story will bring all of you happiness and the magic of love <3

From the invisible author, misumienai13, Thailand Prince’s Love Story

HAS COME TO AN END, THE HAPPY ONE!”

 Copyright misumienai13 ©2012

 

***

Hello, this is misumienai :)

The story finally has ended, but some of you might get curious about Victoria and Krystal friendship story, so there will be an extra. Please wait. But well, if you don't feel like reading it then, it's okay.

Thank you so so so much for reading and patiently waiting. And I am so so so sorry for everything. *bow*

Please read my other stories as well if you'd like :)