Chapter 2

Need somebody to love

It had been a week and Luhan hadn’t seen Oh Sehun even once. Everyday when he entered the building, his eyes would wonder around to find a glimpse of a figure, just to get disappointed.

Luhan hurried up to catch the elevator which was about to close and go up.

“Please wait…” he said running with his hand reaching out.

Luckily the people or person inside were kind enough. Luhan panted and muttered thank you under his breath, but he was extremely taken aback when he recognized

Oh Sehun

and no one else

 

Being in such confined place with only Oh Sehun was overwhelming to the male. Luhan tried not to be nervous but he was screaming inside. He stood against the side wall and looked everywhere but the other. Sehun looked dashing in his designed suit and he smelled so expensive, so alluring. And the fact that Sehun acted as if he didn’t even notice Luhan’s presence both relieved and upset Luhan at the same time. The elevator paused at the fifth floor, indicating that there were people waiting outside. Luhan was forced to step backwards to give space for a crowd stepping in, until he bumped his back into something like a chest and when the scent evaded his sense, he realized whose chest it belonged to. He blushed heavily.

As it just got up for several seconds, it suddenly violently shook and then paused. Everyone inside was panicking having no idea what was going on. The lights inside started to flash on and off and when the darkness engulfed the elevator, many people were terrified and some even screamed. Saying Luhan was scared was an underestimate, the tiny man was shaking with fear, due to the current situation and his height phobia just made it much worse. Suddenly some hand took his and held it tight, the hand was so big, so warm and comforting. The action managed to calm Luhan a bit and made him feel safe, he didn’t know who it belonged it didn’t matter at this moment.

Fortunately, after a short while, the problem was fixed. The elevator stopped shaking and the lights went on again, everyone breathed out in relief. One by one started to step out not caring if it reached their destinations. When Luhan was starting to breathe normally again, he realized the person hadn’t released his hand yet. He turned in order to express his gratefulness and his heart skipped a beat when his beautiful eyes met Oh Sehun’s charming and unreadable ones. That was the first time they made real eye contact. Luhan was stunned for several seconds, then he hastily mutterd thank you – the second time to the man today – and tried to take his hand out, which was with slight difficulty because Sehun still oddly gripped his hand rather tight. Afterwards Luhan rushed out without a second glance at the man, with his head dizzy and his heart pounding inside his chest. Sehun looked at the running figure and then at his hand, which just hold the pretty male’s small one.

 

Oh Sehun stepped into his office with Cheongseok following him. They had just ended a meeting and Sehun had a very important thing to speak to the old man.

“Sehun-shi, is there anything wrong?” Cheongseok asked with obvious anxiety, he thought he might have done something to disappoint the future chairman, and if so it would harm his position.

“Oh there’s nothing wrong Cheongseok ahjussi. I just want you to help me find a new secretary, since Baekhyun had to go back to America yesterday. I don’t want to hire someone outside, and I also prefer my secretary to have some knowledge about finance. I think you can help me, can’t you?” 

“Ah of course Sehun-shi” Cheongseok said in relief. “I think Park Eunhye in our department suits this position more than anyone. She is the best in our department, smart, organized and whas great working efficiency. Therefore I think - 

“Please find a male, you know to avoid worship.” Sehun cut in.

“Oh I see, then there is Kim Joonmyeong. He i- ”

“And who can work overtime especially at night, whenever necessary.” Sehun interrupted again.

“Ohhh... Then I think Luhan is the only choice.” Cheongseok blurted after a moment of consideration. “But I’m afraid you might get disappointed Sehun-shi, since this guy is very slow and clumsy and… you know rather eccentric.” He continued with a sneer.

“As long as he could be here whenever I need him then it’s fine. Please imform him and tell him to start his new work tomorrow. Thank you ahjussi” Sehun said.

“I got it Sehun-shi.” Cheongseok bowed to the chairman's son and immediately left the room.

After the door clicked, Sehun leisurely leaned back on his chair. He reached his hand out to the bouquet on the table, his index finger caressed a rose petal, so softly, as if he was afraid he might hurt it.

“So fragile… so beautiful...” he muttered. But then he suddenly plucked it out and carelessly tossed it in the air. He smirked as he watched the poor little petal floating around the air until it landed, on the ground.

 

 

*****************************************************************************************

Thank you everyone for reading, subscribing, commenting and upvoting :) They mean a lot to me xoxo