Chapter 1

Need somebody to love

Everyday Luhan wished to do anything to escape his current life. He just wanted to live independently, to feel free and do whatever he wanted. He liked to wonder downtown by the city lights, dropping by some cute coffee shops and then john some street dance team he met, or to have fun partying with his friends all night without his parents nagging him about the time.

“Mom I want to move out. I’m gonna live with Jimin. His flat is just 5 minutes walk from here.” He once suggested.

“But honey who’s gonna cook meals for you? Jimin? I don’t think so. Who’s gonna wash your clothes, take care of you when you get sick or remind you not to stay out too late etc. Mom’s gonna be so worried.” His mother said with her tear-glittering eyes.

“Argg…fine” Luhan sighed. He had such a soft spot for his parents and he hated it, knowing his parents are making full use of it. They always worried about everything, it made Luhan felt being care for but it also suffucated him a lot. He was happy because his parents accepted who he was but they would only allowed him out of their house after he got married. "If you find a good husband to take care of you then baba and I won't try to keep you here anymore." He still remembered his mom's words.

 

Luhan was working at OH Designing Corporation in central Seoul. It was the biggest fashion company in Korea. There were plenty of things about OH Designing Corporation that Luhan liked. The building was modern but aesthetic. The floor was so thoroughly mopped that he could see his reflection. There was a fantastic coffee shop for the staff, so he didn’t have to go out of the building to buy his glass of iced Americano – what he couldn’t live without before starting a new day. However, people in here weren’t that comfortable to be with. In fact he disliked most of them. Luhan had been working for OH Designing Corporation for nearly six months but his boss - Mr. CheongHyuk and also his colleagues were still treating him like a newbie. Sometimes they would ask him to make some phone calls, some photocopies or scanning or whatever and it irritated him. Also Luhan really wished the old man could stop constantly complaining. Jesus at least 1 or 2 out of 6 days a week he had to work overtime to finish his loads and loads of work, but he had never received any of his boss’s encouragement, not to mention a compliment.

Today was just another usual day. Luhan still hadn’t recovered from his drowsiness yet. Since Jimin's girlfriend cheated on him and he had such a huge breakdown that Luhan had to stayed up the whole night to comfort him on the phone and to make sure that his dumb best friend wouldn’t do something stupid, like running down the street and give some random homeless all of his money. Luhan yawned heavily and sighed. “Love is so complicated.” Luhan thought and he hated dealing with heart-breaking situations. He had had 3 relationships, they din't last too long tho, the longest one was 8 months. s had to come up and gradually destroyed everything. Sometimes he felt like he hadn't love them enough to hold on, like he had given up his relationships rather easily, or maybe it was just fate. But the fact that he had been loveless for more than a year rather bothered him now. He was getting old (excuse his face) and the longing for someone to love him, to hold him at nights is starting to revive.

Luhan’s train of thoughts was interrupted by some whispering around him.

“I heard that the chairman’s son is coming back from America today!” said Kyungsoo, one of his colleguages.

“Yeah, it’s rumoured that this man will take his father’s place soon. His name is Oh Sehun” added Namjoon.

“Really? How is it possible? I heard Oh Sehun is just in his late twenties, around 28 or 29. He can’t be matured and experienced enough to be in this position, right?” Suga pointed out.

“He must be hot” Some women giggled.

Hearing everyone gossip about that chairman’s son spiced up little curiosity from Luhan. “So he’s just several years older than me and he’s gonna be in the highest position of a top company? While I’m just some normal office worker? Ugh life is not fair” murmured Luhan

 

The whispering soon stopped when his boss entered the room, looking oddly friendly today with his smile and even little giggles. Normally he would just trudge in with his head up and never bothered to greet anyone.

“Good morning.” The old man sang.

Everyone in the office was like “oh my god are you sick boss or what’s exactly happening???”

“Today there is a very important person that I want you all to meet. He is really important I repeat, so behave.” He continued, dangerously stressing the last word.

Just after he finished, there was a man come in, small gasps especially from females and “wow”'s were heard everywhere. That was it, the Greek God was none other than Oh Sehun. Men eyed him with admiration mixed with envy, women eyed him with adore and desire. Luhan suddenly felt dreamy.

Everybody was back to work but Oh Sehun still hadn’t left the room yet. He was still talking to his boss and his mere appearance made it hard for Luhan to concentrate on his work, well not only him but also the women in here. Oh Sehun had a cold aura around him, but from time to time he would flash a charming smile. Luhan couldn’t look at the chairman’s son properly, he just dared to sneak some quick glances. However, Luhan sweared he could feel Oh Sehun’s eyes linger on him several times, and that thought made him bite his lips and blush. He immediately shook his head, “There’s no way… ugh I’m so crazy.” Luhan couldn’t deny that he liked this Oh Sehun, and he though not just him but most women and even some men in here did. Oh Sehun was just too charming and he being single for God knew how long didn’t help.

 

His little crush thing was soon forgotten as it got dark and he still had tons to do. And if he couldn’t finish all of these the next morning, his boss would throw a wrath at him for the whole day and he, of course, didn’t wish it to happen.

“Again Lu? Do you need any help?” asked Namjoon with sympathy.

“I’m alright, thanks Joon.” Luhan smiled a little and sighed.

After bidding goodbye to Junki, he realized that he was the last one left in the office. Time flied and when he finished, it already passed 10 pm. He yawned and quickly cleaned up his desk. Luhan thought maybe there was no one in the building except him and the security on the ground floor, so he walked to the elevator cursing his boss an old fart and also Oh Sehun for messing his little peaceful work time. Little did he know there was a standing figure witnessing his antics with an amused mirk on his lips.

 

 

 

***********************************************************************************************************

This chapter is like to introduce the characters lol I hope it's not too boring.

Thanks for reading and I hope to receive your feedback! :)