Love Letter

Superman and the Dynamite

Welcome to the end TT^TT

(...of the beginning? huehuehue)

I hope you have enjoyed reading as much as I have enjoyed writing this story, and please give me your support for my future stories!


February 17th

In Leo's hands, the microphone felt like a toy. It had warmed up from the other hands that had been on it, and it shivered faintly with feedback.

Ravi passed by to take his seat in front of the next mic, giving Leo a pat on the back as he passed by.

"Let's do this," he whispered.

In the chairs around Leo, the others sat, readying their mics and their voices for the performance. 

The benefit concert had finally arrived, timely and with the shooting still fresh in everyone's minds. All the chairs in the audience were filled, standing room only left, filled with parents and families and even passersby who happened to hear something. Audience and performers alike cried, laughed, applauded, gave standing ovations.

And finally, the last performance.

Ravi had spent a good two weeks of near all-nighters writing it, presenting the scribbled-over and cramped sheet music to the other five boys two days before. 

"I'm done, guys," he said, out of breath. "Love Letter is done."

The speakers rumbled, and Leo glanced over at N, standing at his right. N met his eyes and winked.

Hongbin at the piano began playing, soft ringing chords spilling over.

N's voice joined in, clear and calming.

Even if I'm not good at talking, please try to understand.

I'll tell you all the truths I have been hiding.

Hyuk, then Ken, then the others went into their parts, and Leo felt something tighten in his chest.

I never want to lose you, I want to go on until the end.

In the front row, Seohyun gripped at the edge of her dress, the benefit concert being the first time she had left the hospital without a nurse and tears welling up at the corners of her eyes. Sandeul, in his wheelchair still, closed his eyes and swayed. Another girl, Wheein, arm broken by the impact of a bullet, cried openly, finally cast-free.

I have nothing to tell you but...

I love you.

The music and voices petered out for a moment before Ken picked up the slack.

Thank you so much for looking at me until the end,

for not shaking.

Lean on me.

Believe in me.

A long, long silence followed. Finally, the choir director stood up and clapped slowly. Then, Hyuk's mother. Then, more and more until all of the audience was standing, crying, cheering.

Leo bowed, then turned to N.

N was already looking.

They leaned in.