I Love You, Kim Taehyung

Not Like That

A week has passed since the 'incident' and all Taehyung could think about was Jeongguk. Jimin caught the younger mumbling Jeongguk's name in his sleep once.

"Taehyung come on, I know something happened between you two. You can tell me anything, I'm your best friend. Whatever it is I'm here for you, okay?" Jimin sat Taehyung down on the couch and laid his hand on Taehyung's shoulder comfortingly. Taehyung let out a deep sigh and looked his best friend in the eyes.

"Jeongguk said he loves me." Taehyung's voice was small but judging by Jimin's wide eyes the older heard him loud and clear.

Jimin looked confused. "Isn't that a good thing?"

Taehyung shook his head. "He was drunk. He didn't mean it."

"Has he tried to contact you since?"

Taehyung nodded guiltily. "I'm too scared to respond. I'm scared he'll say he regrets it and I don't want things between us to be more awkward. Why did he do that?" Taehyung sighed. "Such a jerk. Only thinking about himself." Taehyung scoffed.

------------------------------------------

Jeongguk hasn't slept in a week. Hoseok heard him stay up late at night either working on a paper or pacing the living room floor. Whatever it was, Hoseok was tired of being woken up by the noise. He knocked on Jeongguk's door and got a grunt in response. Hoseok slowly opened up the door. Jeongguk was sitting with his back against the headboard of his bed, fingers hovering over the laptop keys. He didn't even look up at Hoseok until the older sat on the edge of the bed, making the mattress dip.

"Jeongguk, I have to talk to you about something." Hoseok's voice was serious and Jeongguk straightened up. He knew this had to be about Taehyung.

"Hyung, I know I messed up big time. I'm trying to fix it."

"Don't be so hard on yourself, kid. I just want to make sure you're getting eight hours of sleep every night. You youngsters need all the sleep you can get."

Jeongguk looked confused. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I'm talking about you staying up all night pacing around the dorm. What are you talking about?"

"Uh, nothing."

Hoseok nodded and looked around the room for a bit before asking, "How's Taehyung?"

Jeongguk gulped. "Uh, fine. Why do you ask?"

"I just haven't seen him since the club. We should invite him for dinner! Doesn't that sound good?"

"No! I mean, I think he's busy..." he lied.

"Jeongguk, I know you're not telling me something. Come on, I'm your hyung. You can talk to me." Hoseok made a cute face making Jeongguk relax.

"Only if you stop talking to me in baby voice." Hoseok nodded his head eagerly. "Okay, so after everyone went their separate ways in the club I went to the bar to get another drink. And I got a little drunk and went by Taehyung's dorm. I, I told him I love him, hyung."

"YOU WHAT?!" Hoseok screamed so loudly Jeongguk was sure the whole floor heard him.

"Hyung! Quiet!"

"Sorry, just. You confessed to him, while you were drunk." Jeongguk nodded. "So, what did he say?"

Jeongguk sighed. "He said he couldn't take me seriously because of the condition I was in and then he let me sleep in his bed." Hoseok wiggled his eyebrows and Jeongguk reached over and slapped him arm. "Not like that! It was nice, I got more sleep that night than I did all month. He didn't even kick me out in the morning. We ate cereal and then he had a class, I left."

"So now what? Are you two like...a thing?" Jeongguk shook his head. "Ugh. You two totally should be! You should confess to him for real. Like sober."

"I know. I'm working on it."

------------------------------------------

Jimin convinced Taehyung to look at the messages Jeongguk left him from the past week. Taehyung clutched his phone tightly and read all of them.

'Hey'

'how did your class go?'

'Tae, I'm sorry'

'Tae, please answer'

'i miss you, taetae'

'taehyung, i will make this up to you'

' i meant what i said'

Taehyung felt a tear escape and run down his cheek. He debated on whether to text the younger something to let him know he forgave him but his phone buzzed before he had the chance.

'meet me at the gardens in 20 min. very important'

Taehyung looked wide eyed at the message. Did Jeongguk really want to meet him? He looked at the clock and back to his lap. His mind was running a mile a minute but before he knew what he was doing he already put on his shoes and walked out of the dorm.

Jeongguk stood in the exact spot from months ago. He remembered that night like it was yesterday. If only he knew what he knew now everything would be different. His head snapped up when he heard footsteps approach him. It was Taehyung. His heartbeat picked up at an incredible speed as they locked eyes. Jeongguk stepped closer, smiling when Taehyung didn't step away.

"Taehyung, you came."

"You said it was important, of course I came." Taehyung's voice was timid, like he was waiting for bad news.

"I wanted to talk about last week." Jeongguk took a deep breath, calming himself, before taking each of Taehyung's hands into his own, staring deeply into his eyes. "I meant everything I said that night. I know what I said months ago but I don't feel like that anymore. Taehyung, losing you was the worse thing that I did. I barely survived without you by my side. And I thought about what you said at the cafe. I want to everything you said. I want to spend my life with you, but not on the sidelines. I want to be with you every step of the way and I want to hold your hand through everything. I can't imagine finding someone else and being with someone that isn't you and watch you be with someone else." Jeongguk wiped away the stray tears on Taehyung's cheeks, the older turning a bright pink. "Taehyung, I don't want to be just friends. I want to be your soulmate." Jeongguk cupped the sides of Taehyung's cheeks and leaned in slowly, waiting for a nod of approval from the older. Taehyung didn't waste anytime crashing their lips together. They moved perfectly against each other, unsaid words and thoughts stored in the back of their heads coming out into the kiss. Taehyung felt everything Jeongguk said. He swears he never felt as loved as he did in that moment.

They pulled away for air, panting and taking each other in. Taehyung smiled widely, his hands still behind Jeongguk's neck. Taehyung pulled Jeongguk into a strong embrace, closing his eyes and breathing in all that was Jeongguk. He pulled away, confessing "Jeongguk, I love you." His voice was hoarse with emotion, the younger felt his heart swell.

"I love you, Kim Taehyung."