Not Like That

Not Like That

Today was the day. Taehyung was finally going to confess to his long term crush he likes him. Likes him, likes him. Namjoon, Hoseok, Jimin, and Yoongi were going to be celebrating Jin's A+ on 'the most important essay I will ever write' tomorrow tonight at a his favorite restaurant and he was going to be there.

Taehyung couldn't sleep last night, or the night before or the night before, due to nerves. 'What if he doesn't like me back?, What if he thinks I'm creepy?, What if he's not even gay?' Jimin, his roommate, also the person that introduced him and Taehyung, had to calm him down every time he got a little 'too creative' on his confession.

"Yes, I do think a sky writer is too much."

"No balloons with 'I love you' written on them, no jumping out of cakes, no breakdancing, can you even do that? And absolutely no fireworks, I swear to God.

"And under no circumstances should I see a puppy with the words 'Go out with me' on his collar."

But Taehyung was still optimistic about his confession being magical. He did however have to call off the quartet last minute, they were not happy about it, but Jimin assured him everything would be okay. Him and Jimin have only be friends for less than a year but Taehyung is trusting everything Jimin knows about him to help him confess tomorrow night.

When Taehyung woke up this morning he thought he was going to vomit. He did only sleep for two hours and the last thing he ate was microwave ramen so not all of this can be blamed on him. Taehyung felt the world was moving slower than usual today, all of his classes seemed longer, lunch with Jimin seemed to be forever and no matter where he sat he couldn't stop bouncing his leg. He got called out on it in some areas, 'If your leg shakes the table one more time, I'm cutting it off' was his favorite (curtesy of Jimin).

He spent almost a three hours making sure his clothes, hair, face, shoes, and everything in between was perfect before leaving to go to Jin's party. Jimin even noticed him putting on eyeliner, of course the screaming when he accidentally stabbed his eye could have told him. Jimin was ready to leave by six but Taehyung made him wait almost an hour longer to make sure his hair 'doesn't look like yours'.

They got to the restaurant just in time though and were seated with all of their friends, including him. They sat in a stretched out booth, three to one side, four to the other. Luckily for Taehyung he was sitting across from him, perfect spot for viewing.

Their small chat ended up in with a waitress having to come over and ask them to settle down because their yelling was getting too loud.

"Bull! The Hulk was so much better than Hawkeye in Avengers 2!" Hoseok said a little too loudly.

"Says the guy who's never seen Hawkeye movies." Namjoon defended.

"I don't think they even made those." Yoongi thought aloud.

"You know why? Because no one cares about Hawkeye." Jin stated.

"How dare you."

"Can we all just agree that Iron Man is the supreme Avenger?" Jeongguk, better known as him, finally spoke up from everyone else's arguing. Taehyung looked up from his plate, a piece of bread still hanging in his mouth, to stare at the voice.

"What do you think, Taehyung?" Jimin asked, sending his friend a small wink.

Taehyung gulped down the last of his bread before speaking. "Iron Man wins." He shot Hoseok an apologetic look but Jeongguk was smiling so widely from winning he didn't notice the waitress coming back with their meals.

"Taehyung! Hand this to Namjoon for christ sake my arm is hurting." Yoongi warned.

Jeongguk laughed to himself as Taehyung snapped out of his daze and handed Hoseok his food. They changed topics to school while eating, it was nice. Taehyung really enjoyed hearing about how his friend's classes were going and what they planned to major in. His heart almost skipped a beat when he heard Jeongguk also wanted to major in marketing.

"Oh really? That's what Taehyung was thinking about, right?" Jimin did this for the majority of the evening. Every time Jeongguk said something, an interest, hobby, t.v show he watches, Jimin would shove Taehyung into the conversation and send him a knowing look. Taehyung was thankful of Jimin being his 'wingman' all night, especially if that meant getting to see Jeongguk's smile when they agrees on something.

As the evening wound down and ten o'clock was approaching Jin decided to end the celebration with some drinks and his and Namjoon's dorm.

Yoongi, though he'll never admit it, was a genius at mixing drinks and made the best Tequila Sunrise. He was their bartender for the night, serving everyone and getting a little too creative with his drinks. "Okay this next one is a mix of vodka, pineapple juice, sugar, and vanilla vodka."

"Why two vodkas?"

"Life is short."

Everyone took their shot and immediately gagged at the taste. "This is the worst thing I've ever had go down my throat." Jimin complained

"What about-"

"Do not finish that sentence."

Yoongi smirked as he went back in the kitchen to mix up more drinks for his friends. Taehyung felt the alcohol finally kick in and gathered the courage to lean over to Jeongguk, who was conveniently sitting next to him, and whisper, "Wanna go for a walk?"

They snuck out of the dorm easily and stumbled down the building stairs before walking a little too close in the direction of the campus gardens. Taehyung didn't mind however when Jeongguk's arms would brush up against his or when he grabbed tightly on his arm when he tripped on his own feet. They giggled like idiots as talked about the meaning of life and how it all ties into Lil Wayne lyrics.

"Life is a , and death is her sister.......It all makes sense now." Jeongguk said mainly to himself. He stopped walking when he noticed Taehyung stopped in the middle of the garden. Taehyung was playing with his hands and staring at his shoes, he slowed his breathing so he could get the words out right.

"Taehyung, are you okay?" Jeongguk walked back to him and lifted his chin up so they were staring each other in the eyes. Taehyung let out a breathe he didn't know he was holding and closed his eyes for a second to regain his thoughts. Jeongguk's hand hadn't moved from his face so he took it as a good sign to say-

"I like you."

"I like you too...?" Jeongguk was puzzled, mind foggy from the alcohol.

"No I-" Taehyung felt lost in his words. His mind was running a mile a minute. Somehow he managed to get out the words, "I like you, like you."

"Oh." Jeongguk removed his hand slowly from Taehyung's face. Taehyung felt his heart stop when he saw the distress in Jeongguk's eyes.

"I-I don't know what to say." Jeongguk was decent enough to keep eye contact with Taehyung as his words stabbed the other's chest.

Taehyung felt his eyes water and his breathing choked.

"I don't feel the same way, I'm so sorry Taehyung." Jeongguk spoke softly as if Taehyung was glass that was about to shatter. And he was.

Taehyung closed his eyes tightly, a couple loose tears gliding down his cheeks. He took a couple breaths and opened his eyes to see Jeongguk looking at him like he was a kicked puppy.

"I know this won't help but-"

"Then don't say it." Taehyung found his voice. It was cracked but it was better than his forced breathing.

"I don't want to lose you as a friend, hyung." Jeongguk sounded sincere. This only made Taehyung regret ever letting himself catch feelings for him.

Taehyung looked away Jeongguk in the eyes. He wouldn't be able to handle being 'just friends' with Jeongguk, he wanted more. He wanted to hold Jeongguk's hand as they walked to class, he wanted to take him on dates and share a milkshake, he wanted to curl up with him on the couch and watch a movie. He wanted so much more than they had. He thought he could spend the rest of his life with him.

"I'm so sorry." Was the last thing Taehyung said before he turned around to walk back to his dorm. His head hung low and he was thankful it was so late at night nobody was around to see him cry. When he did make it back to his dorm, his tears had blurred his vision of the lock and the noise of someone trying to get it made Jimin open the door before Taehyung could.

"Hey how did it-oh . Taehyung, come in." Jimin's voice was soft and he was very gentle with guiding Taehyung inside. He sat him down on the couch and fetched him a glass of water to calm him.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Taehyung shook his head and took another sip of water. He rested his head on Jimin's shoulder and they stayed like that for the rest of the night.