Let Me Love You

Not Like That

Taehyung eventually finished copying down the notes after calling Jimin to explain to him what exactly happened and what to do next. "Honestly Taehyung I think he's just upset. Give him a few days, he'll be okay."

Later that day Taehyung went by Jeongguk's and Hoseok's dorm to return the notebook. Hoseok gave him a sad smile, informing Taehyung he knew what happened between the two friends. Jeongguk wasn't there which was weird, he normally didn't go out on school nights. Hoseok said he went out for awhile and gave Taehyung the same advice Jimin had, "give him a few days. He'll be okay."

Taehyung thought about those words on the way home, eating dinner, in the shower, when he was trying to fall asleep. "He'll be okay." It sounded fake, but Taehyung thought if he repeated those words in his head they would be true. Jimin ended up throwing a pillow at him to shut him up.

------------------------------------------

It's been three days since Jeongguk and Taehyung last talked, last seen each other. Their friends were going out tonight for fun and it took a lot of convincing from Jimin to get Taehyung to go.

"What if Jeongguk is there?"

"So? You can't avoid him forever, he's apart of this group."

"What if he hates me? What if he can't even look at me?"

Jimin scoffed. "Please. I'm sure you two will be friends again. Like I said, he just needed a few days. And it's been a few days. He probably is over the whole thing and wants to see you." Something changed in Jimin's voice at his last sentence, Taehyung sensed it. But he didn't have time to think about it when Jimin dragged him to the closet. "Pick something cool, we're going to a new club and they'll be plenty of hot people there. Maybe you'll get lucky!" Jimin winked while Taehyung punched his arm.

After an hour they were ready to leave. Jimin wore an old band shirt and ripped jeans, his hair styled perfectly to shape his face and his eyeliner brought out his dark eyes. Taehyung had to admit, his friend looked hot. Taehyung wore a ripped up shirt with slashes to show his collarbones and ripped jeans that showed more of his skin than fabric. His hair was styled down and Jimin put eyeliner and smudged a little bit of black eyeshadow to make him look 'cooler, like a rocker'.

They met the other by the far side of the club by the bar and some booths. It was a little difficult to cross the dance floor, people were grabbing and trying to dance with them the way there. Taehyung noticed Jeongguk wasn't there but Jimin beat him to the question.

"He's coming later, he had some studying to finish up." Hoseok explained. He sat on one side of the booth with Seokjin and Namjoon, there was a spot in the middle and three on the side left empty for the other boys. Jimin suggested ordering drinks for everyone and dragged Taehyung to help him carry them back. They found an empty space on the side where a cute bartender stood, smile wide and inviting. He introduced himself as Minjae and flirted with Taehyung the whole time making the drinks. Jimin gave Taehyung a playful nudge and a 'told you so' look while Taehyung blushed. Minjae gave them a discount and sent them off with a wink before returning to other customers. Jimin kept teasing Taehyung on the way back to their booth. Taehyung almost dropped the drinks he was carrying when he say Jeongguk sitting beside Yoongi in the booth. He dressed in all black and a black hoodie, his hair styled down and slightly smudged eyeliner from a long day. Jimin and Taehyung placed the drinks down and took their respected seats. Jimin sat next to Jeongguk, leaving Taehyung sitting on the end.

"Guess who got hit on by the hot bartender?" Jimin said, amusement in his voice.

"Who?" Seokjin asked.

"Taehyunnie.." Jimin dragged out his name. Taehyung shoved his side and sent a death glare but his friend ignored, continuing with teasing. "He flirted with him the whole time! Even gave us a discount for the drinks."

"Awesome! We should bring Taehyung out to more clubs." Hoseok joked. Everyone laughed except Jeongguk who stared absentmindedly at his drink.

"Did you get his number?" Namjoon asked taking a drink and grimacing. "Ohmygod Jimin I said a beer not a long island iced tea!"

"Taehyung, you should take it back and get that guy's number!" Jimin suggested.

Taehyung shook his head at first but after being shoved out of the booth by Jimin he found himself walking back to the bar. He cleared his throat and Minjae was right in front of him. "You're back so soon?" His voice sounded smooth and Taehyung almost wanted to scream.

"Uhm, sorry, my dumb friend messed up the order. I wanted just a beer." He didn't know why he was acting so shy, he wasn't even that attracted to the guy but his friends teasing must have gotten to him.

"I'll get you a beer, no problem!" Their hands touched while handing over the drink and Taehyung's stomach flipped. When Minjae returned he gave Taehyung the glass and let his hand linger a little longer when handing it back. "Come back soon." He sent Taehyung off with a wink and didn't even charge him for the drink.

When Taehyung returned to the table Jimin immediately pointed out his flushed cheeks. Taehyung touched his cheek subconsciously, he didn't even know he was blushing.

"So, Jeongguk, how's studying going?" Seokjin asked. Jeongguk didn't lift his head up so Seokjin snapped his fingers in his face. "Hey! Earth to Jeongguk. Are you okay?" Jeongguk nodded and looked up.

"Honestly it's kicking my . Thanks for inviting me out, I needed a break." Taehyung noticed his voice didn't sound sincere and the doubts from earlier flooded his mind. He took a drink of his beer and tried washing out the thoughts. They started talking about studying and how stressed they'll be during finals. Somehow the conversation veered to high school relationships.

"Taehyung, who was your first love?" Jimin asked. Taehyung was taken back by the question, he didn't think he had a first love yet.

"Uhm, my first boyfriend was in high school, but I didn't love him. I mean he was cool and all, he let me drive his dad's car before I had my license, but other than that it was a pretty basic relationship."

"How was the ?"

"Namjoon do you have to be so blunt?"

"How else am I suppose to phrase it, genius?!"

Taehyung wasn't sure how to answer the question without sounding vulgar. "....Good?"

"Good? That's it?!" Hoseok was obviously drunk already, the boy was a lightweight.

"Well I mean....it wasn't mind-blowing if that's what you're asking. It was high school , quick and inexperienced. He did introduce me to..." Taehyung was blushing furiously by now, everyone was leaning in to listen to him. "."

Jimin spat some his drink and Seokjin choked a little on his. Yoongi scolded Jimin for making a mess and Hoseok was dying of laughter. Namjoon looked proud at the chaos and Seokjin mumbled something about 'didn't need that picture in my head'.

"Wow," Hoseok started after everyone calmed down. "I didn't take you to be someone into that. What else are you into?" Seokjin hit him on the chest but he just laughed. Luckily Jimin changed the focus on Yoongi and his first relationship. Taehyung caught a peek at Jeongguk, his cheeks were flushed and his eyes still slightly wide. They made eye contact but quickly glanced away. Taehyung regret saying anything.

"Jeongguk, what about you?" The younger looked at Hoseok in fear. He scratched the back of his neck and looked sheepishly at his lap.

"I-I never dated." His voice was small and timid. Hoseok's jaw dropped and the rest looked shocked. There was no way Jeon Jeongguk never dated anyone in his life, who wouldn't want to date that face?

"Seriously?! No way! No ing way! Dude, we got to get you laid tonight." Taehyung's head shot up and he looked worriedly towards Jeongguk. The younger gulped and blushed profusely shaking his head slightly.

Jimin suggested dancing when the conversation got boring, Yoongi and Namjoon said they were going to do shots at the bar and text them before they left. Jimin grabbed Taehyung's hand lead him to the middle of the dance floor. Jimin playfully gripped Taehyung's waist and swayed with the music, Taehyung smiled widely and put his arms around Jimin's neck. He missed dancing with his best friend.

After a few songs Jimin went to dance with a girl and Taehyung got sight of Jeongguk. He was with Seokjin, who was probably embarrassing the hell out of him, and Hoseok who was dancing with five people at once. Taehyung was going to offer to dance with him when a girl stepped out of nowhere and asked to dance with Jeongguk. The younger nodded and the disappeared into the crowd of people. Taehyung brushed off the squeeze in his heart, Jeongguk isn't his. He shouldn't be feeling rejected or jealous after he turned him down. Feeling pitiful he went back to the bar to do shots with Yoongi and Namjoon. The pair were drunk as hell and yelling loudly about how many shots the other could do before throwing up. Taehyung shushed them before they got in trouble and let them cling to him in their drunken state. They order another round and the pair made Taehyung drink three others to catch up. After his fifth he forgot his name and where he was for a second. He got sight of himself in the huge mirror hanging over the bar, showing the whole dance floor. Taehyung remembered Jeongguk going off with a girl and tossed back a sixth shot.

Yoongi took Namjoon to the bathroom and nagged him about owing him twenty dollars when he's sober. Taehyung flagged won Minjae and planned out his revenge on Jeongguk. Minjae noticed how ed up Taehyung was and didn't allow him to order another drink.

"But whyyyy?" Taehyung grabbed the sleeve of Minjae's shirt and tugged, the other boy chuckling.

"Because you're wasted."

"But I'm cute! I thought cute people didn't have a limit!"

"You are cute, but you'll thank me in the morning."

"I'm going to see you in the morning?" Taehyung smirked. Minjae chuckled.

"We'll see."

They talked while Minjae got other people their orders but never strayed too far from Taehyung. They learned they both grew up in Daegu and went to the same high school.

"Oh my god that was you who was hanging from the roof?!" Minjae laughed.

Taehuyng nodded and giggled. "Remember, they had to call the fire department and canceled the rest of classes?"

"How could I forget? You got me out of a chemistry test!"

Eventually it got late and Taehyung knew he had to get home soon to rest for classes. Minjae's shift ended and he walked to the other side of the bar and put his arm around Taehyung's waist. "Let me walk you home."

"Oh, okay." Taehyung giggled.

Somehow they made it back in one piece, Taehyung almost walked out into traffic. They arrived at Taehyung's building and Minjae slipped his arm off Taehyung's waist. "Are you sure you'll be able to make it up to your room okay?"

Taehyung laughed and nodded. "Are you not coming with?" he flirted.

"Goodnight Taehyung." Minjae smiled and left. Taehyung shrugged his shoulders and skipped into the building, fumbled with the buttons on the elevator, and eventually made it to the right floor. He saw a figure leaning against his door and walked cautiously towards it.

Jeongguk.

Taehyung felt his heart pounding in his chest as he walked closer to him. Jeongguk lifted his head up when he noticed Taehyung was standing right in front of him. "Taehyung," he breathed.

"J-Jeongguk. What are you doing here?"

"Can I come inside?"

"Uhm....." Taehyung nodded his head and Jeongguk moved to the side to let him open the door. He lead them in and closed the door slowly behind him. "What do you want, Jeongguk?"

Jeongguk lowered his head and played with his fingers. He let out a deep sigh before looked Taehyung in the eyes. "Taehyung. I love you."

Taehyung took a step back shocked. His back hit the door. "What do you mean?"

"I realized it, after I left the coffee shop you were all I could think about. I couldn't focus in my other classes, I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep. You were the only thing in my mind. I saw you everywhere. In my classes, in my dorm, even in my cereal. I thought I saw you yesterday, in the library. I ran towards you but it turned out it was another student with the same bag. I heard your laugh in my dreams. I tried drowning it out with music but it wouldn't go away. I missed your smile, your hair, your face, the way you act. I missed hearing you talk and I almost called you but I was too scared. Taehyung," Jeongguk stepped closer to Taehyung, trapping him against the door. "What I'm trying to say is, I love you."

They were close, too close. Taehyung felt his breath hitch and his stomach doing flips. Jeongguk leaned impossibly closer, their noses almost touching. "Jeongguk, you don't mean that."

Jeongguk looked hurt but didn't make an effort to move away. Instead he titled his head slightly and leaned in to where their lips were almost touching. "I love you Kim Taehyung." Their lips touched but only for a second. "Do you forgive me?"

"Jeongguk," Taehyung breathed deeply. He closed his eyes tightly for a second and when he opened them he was expecting for Jeongguk to have disappeared. But the younger was still there, centimeters away from his lips and hands gripping his hips. "I-I want to but.."

"But what? What's stopping you, Taehyung?" Jeongguk's breathe hit Taehyung's lips. All Taehyung could think about was Jeongguk Jeongguk Jeongguk. How soft his lips were against his, how his eyes were dark and there was something in them Taehyung never seen before, lust? love? He didn't know what.

"Jeongguk-"

"Kiss me."

Taehyung doesn't know what took over him but he grabbed Jeongguk's shirt and pulled him against his chest, their lips smashed together. They moved roughly against one another, raw emotion being released in this kiss. Hands were everywhere, up and down Taehyung's sides, in Jeongguk's hair. Taehyung felt something wet slip across his lip and something snapped in him.

He quickly pulled away and pushed at Jeongguk's chest. Jeongguk looked hurt, Taehyung wanted nothing more to keep kissing him but it was wrong.

"Why did you stop?" Jeongguk tried getting closer again but Taehyung shook his head.

"You're drunk, Jeongguk."

"So?"

"So?! So you don't mean any of this! So you'll forget all about this in the morning! So I don't want to take advantage of you! Jeongguk, I can't do this while we're drunk." Taehyung sighed heavily. Jeongguk slump his shoulder.

"Can I at least stay with you? Just for tonight? I promise I won't try to kiss you again. No matter how much I want to." Jeongguk whispered the last part but Taehyung caught it. He nodded his head and lead Jeongguk into the bedroom. They both crawled under the covers and Taehyung tried not to think of how nice Jeongguk's arms felt wrapped around him or how nice his hair smelled or how all of this would be forgotten in the morning. For now he just wanted to sleep and enjoy the feeling of his love holding him like he's the only thing that matters.