One

Baby, I'm Drowning.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

. To whom should I point my finger to? Myself, for being too stupid? Or him, as he had continuously lured me in. But he was too perfect, too beautiful and he was exactly the guy that I needed in my life. Then, I found myself at fault. I was never good enough for him or anyone in particular, no matter how much I tried- I was still lacking. I tried my best to keep us together, I swear to God I tried, but I ed up big time. Because I'm not her. 

 

He pulled me up when I was at my lowest. He showered me with love and care at the point where I thought those were just a myth. But he proved me wrong. I thanked him for that, as I succumbed to his sweet-nothings and I became a complete fool that longed for his tender love. We were the happiest duo on earth, never once he left my side and I became unaware of the fact that one day he might leave me. I mistook the glint in his eyes and the stupid crooked smile of his as signs that he loved me. He even promised me that he would never let me go. Boy.. 

 

But promises are meant to be broken, they said.

 

I was dumb, totally oblivious of the subtle sign that laid in front of me. Yes, we were always together but he never actually said he loved me, I thought actions were enough but it won't hurt to hear the words coming out of his mouth. He had never kissed me in public. He was always aware of the surrounding. And he never took me home to meet his parents, I thought it was normal. But it was not. Truth was, he was never in love with me. He made me think as if he was the one for me, no matter how much the truth hurts me; I refuse to accept that he was not mine. He promised me.. 

 

I noticed we grew distant. He barely picked up my calls, or reply my texts. He either came home in the break of dawn or did not return at all. I noticed the changes of his behaviour when we began college. That was about 7 months ago. And I have been in a miserable state ever since then. For the first time in years, we had to go to separated schools. If anyone else could make it work, why not us, too?

 

●●●

 

"Where were you?" I asked him as the front door creaked open.

 

Without even bothering to glance my way, he spoke, "Can you at least let me clean up, before you start with your nagging?"

 

I heaved a sigh in defeat. I really did not want to get to the bad side of him. I tried really hard to not irk him; I ing tried to make this relationship work. I want him to love me as much as I loved him. I was desperate for it to happen. Please.

 

I watched his figure move from th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter