Sequel Pt.1

The Means To Our End

                                               The Means To Our End - Sequel Pt.1                                         

 

- The changes in life

 

It was already nearing December, streets covered in thick white snow, as light snowflakes fell down gracefully upon the noisy street, filled with busy shoppers. Cheers and shivers. The sound rung through his ears.

 

Jimin had always stayed in his mind, so vivid and fragile - something that he had to protect.  Even if Jimin wasn’t his true blood relative, he was now his stepbrother after all.

 

Jimin had sent letters home from time, not once leaving a return address. Jungkook had always assumed the letters were sent so they wouldn’t report him as missing, and to be honest, it never seemed like Jimins father ever considered it to begin with.

 

Soon after Jimin left, their parent’s finally decided to get married. It all changed. The drinking decreased to a point where Jungkook could barely see the other even drinking. The manner of the others speech and behaviour was altered and that of a different man - it was warmer - not to mention that they were going to have a baby brother soon.

 

He wanted to tell this to Jimin, but he didn’t know how to. Without any way to contact the other, that it was no surprise when Jimin didn’t show up at their parents wedding.

 

Jimin never showed up since the last day he had seen him – not even once during the past two years.

 

-A letter of secrets.

 

“Jungkook” Jungkooks mother called out “A letter for you”. He didn’t need to be told twice, he knew who it was from, because there was only one person who ever wrote letters to him. Jimin.

 

-

 

“What does it say?” His mother asked, curiously poking her head through the now slightly ajar door.

 

“He graduated college, and is going to start attending university…” Jungkook said, looking up somewhat unsure as to what to make out from such sudden burst of knowledge about the other.

 

“Where?” She asked curiously, walking into the room now to look at the letter herself.

 

“Seoul” Jungkook said the word blankly.

 

All this time, Jimin had been in Seoul…

 

Out of those two years, he never left a clue of where he was, or what he was doing, and suddenly now, he revealed everything just like that, - it was like an invitation to find him.

 

- It must have been his selfishness or fear

 

Did anyone read the letters? He had the thoughts run through his mind countless of times.

 

At first he wrote them, in hopes that he would not be reported as missing. Later he wrote them out of loneliness, and after, in hopes that the person reading them had forgiven him.

 

However much he tried to fight off the thoughts of all his letters being thrown away before being read or even opened, they still haunted him.

 

What if their parents had already separated and Jungkook didn’t live there anymore?

 

What if no one cared about his letters?

 

He still wrote them all the same.

 

He knew Jungkook hated him, and it was so selfish of him, but he still wrote to the other, and never gave the chance for Jungkook to respond. He feared the others response. 

 

It must have been that same selfishness that got him to write of the University he planned to attend.

 

It was with that same selfishness in which he disguised that damned letter, into one of an innocence.

 

Come and find me.

 

=

-It must have been that day that he learnt that joy and disgust could be felt one after the other.

 

He stared blankly at the figure in the distance, surprised even more that it had also spotted him in the huge messy crowd of students, and was staring back at him just as startled as he was.

 

His body was frozen, and when he had seen the figure starting to move towards him, he wanted to disappear, - a short moment of bravery, had in the end cost him regret and fear, - even after all these years, he wasn’t ready to face the other after all.

 

“H-Hello” Jimin stuttered out awkwardly, with the figure just metres away, somewhat picturing the other taking a swing at his face, or shouting at him, before Jungkook just simply hugged him.

 

The embrace had surprised him and suddenly panic dwelled inside of him.

 

What was happening? Did the other make a mistake? There was no way that Jungkook could have forgotten what he did to him the last time he saw him… or was he that insignificant to Jungkook?

 

“I read your letters” Jungkook said, as he withdrew his body, and Jimin could only stare at him blankly, as new emotions stirred inside of him.

 

He read them?

 

“I wanted to write back to you of everything that happened, but you never wrote the return address, so I never had the chance…”

 

He wanted to write back?

 

“…we are having a baby brother” Jungkook said with a wide grin, as he continued to fill in the gaps of two years that Jimin has missed.

 

- It was that day that he wanted to die in an instant. He felt like his heart was crushed, but the soul had remained in the body, forcing him to feel all the pain. He was suffocating in his own body.

 

Any joy he had from the first few minutes of meeting the other, had turned into utter disgust, to the point that he felt like throwing up right there, and barely able to hold himself upright before the other.

 

He may have gotten used to the physical pain through the years, but he had never got the hang of being numb towards the emotional pain.

 

-

 

- Jungkook fell out of a sky. That’s what it felt like to this day. He came in like a breeze of wind, but soon turned out to be a tornado that wrecked his whole world.

 

“So you two are brothers?” Kyung concluded, after hearing Jungkooks short introduction.

 

“Y-” Jungkook tried to answer first.

 

Step-brothers” Jimin cut the other off. He didn’t know why he did it. It didn’t matter, nothing did, and he knew nothing would change just because he added a little word before ‘brothers’. Fact remained the same, they were now related, even more, they were soon to have a little baby brother, only that would join and seal their bloodline forever.

 

“That’s the same thing” Kyung argued, squinting his eyes at Jimin, somewhat unused to Jimins suddenly new found rude behaviour. It was true, it was the same, and he couldn’t deny it any longer.

 

“I guess”. That’s all he could answer, because admitting it in words was still too painful.

 

Had Jungkook showing up wasn’t enough, it had turned out that Jungkook was also doing the same course as him, and even more, was in the same classes as Jimin.

 

Had he known he would be this trapped, and torn at the others presence, he would never have gotten that fake and short lived courage of his to write the letter he had.

 

=

 

- It may have been the mistake of allowing the other to stay - the downfall of giving in.

 

Kyung and Jungkook had traded rooms, and Jimin had found himself with Jungkook in the same dorm room as himself.

 

“I thought it would be nicer for us to share the room, since it’s been a while, and now we are brothers

 

Why did he have to mention that word in each and every sentence? It was as if he was constantly trying to remind Jimin not to cross the line, but why was Jungkook in this room in the first place, when it wasn’t meant to be his to begin with?

 

“Where’s Kyung?”

 

“He swapped with me, so he’s sharing with Hyuk now-” Jungkook tried to explain calmly.

 

“Swap back” Came a simple reply. He was holding back his annoyance and anger at the situation he was now in.

 

“Why?” Jungkook answered, somewhat challenging now.

 

“Because you are not my brother Jungkook, you will never be, I don’t know why you are doing this to me” He said the words quickly, - probably sounding like a child whining to the other.

 

“Don’t say that” Jungkook interrupted him slightly offended, judging by his tone “I’m here, whether you like it or not. I took up your invitation, so don’t act like you don’t know how I ended up here”

 

He knew?

 

- Had it been some sort of revenge for the past?

 

He wanted to ask, but he couldn’t bring himself to even say the words relating to the past. How could he, when he had no right?

 

=

 

The semester had already started, everyone busy and preoccupied at every given second, it was only fair that no one noticed anything, - that no one noticed Park Jimin.

 

She was resting her head on Jungkooks shoulder, and Jimin glared at her, - at them both.

 

He was reliving his past, each and every present day since Jungkook turned up. He needed a change. He needed to escape Jungkook. He needed to escape Jungkooks clutches.

 

-

 

“Where are you going?” The words sounded ironically that of what a parent would say to their child.

 

“A club with Kyung and the others” Jimin answered, whiles doing up the belt of his black skinny jeans, before pulling down his white shirt over it.

 

“No you’re not” came the robotic words.

 

“Where else do you think I’m going to dressed like this?” Jimin smirked, why would the other assume that he was lying?.

 

“You’re staying” Further came the words, and Jimin grew annoyed, - his eyebrows furrowing, and eyes squinting at the other in a challenging manner.

 

“Why should I?” his tone challenging and that of confidence.

 

“Because I said so” Jungkook answered strictly, - his gaze not wavering from his even the slightest.

 

“Who are you to boss me around?” he asked the question slowly, not bothering to hide the annoyance in his voice anymore.

 

“I’m your step-brother” His tone commanding, and words serving as a reminder to Jimin.

 

“I told you, I don’t need a brother” Jimins words come out harshly, as he grabbed his jacket roughly off the hanger, and began walking past the other, just for his wrist to be yanked back, and then feeling a push on his chest, sending him backwards. He landed with back on top of the bed, and feet out, as he watched the other in bewilderment. 

 

What is it that you need then?” The words sounded twisted, each one coming out dragged and knowing.

 

“Don’t” Jimin cried out, tears appearing in his eyes “Just don’t. You know everything anyway, don’t pretend that you don’t. Let me live”.

 

“Say it” Jungkook pressed on further.

 

“You know it yourself” Jimin almost whined through his sobbing, he felt so pathetic and disappointed in himself for being taken apart so easily. Why was Jungkook forcing him to answer this? What was to be gained from any of it?

 

“Just say it” Jungkook pushed further, ignoring all of Jimin whining.

 

He was trapped and he needed to make an escape route for himself, before he ended up saying words he would regret saying his whole life. He sat up now, meeting the others expectant eyes.

 

- Would hurting Jungkook this once, stop him from a torn future?

 

“You couldn’t protect me then” The words were thin and clear in the quiet room, as Jungkooks eyes grew wide at the realisation of what the words meant, - the past event it referred to.

 

Seeing how the other reacted so quickly, Jimin could only guess, that the other still felt guilty about it. Even after all these years, he still acted like a brother who was trying to protect him, yet failed to do so and is now being eaten away by guilt.

 

He got up, grabbing his jacket off the floor, and turning to walk past Jungkook.

 

“You can’t protect me now either” the words came out harsher and slier then he meant for them to, but it worked. Jungkook didn’t move, didn’t try to stop him anymore, - he just stood there still, frozen.

 

- Would he ever regret the moment in life he torn the other apart?

 

The club was horrible, and he had more regrets about showing up here than he should of have.

 

 Jungkook was imbedded in mind.

 

Why did it seem like it was always him who left the other frozen in time?

 

It felt like it was him who froze the time when it was most convenient for himself, and left Jungkook, stuck in that same mind-set, whiles he himself desperately tried to move on, ironically enough his past always catching up with him.

 

-

 

He was running, and he laughed at the thought that if anyone have seen him, they would have thought that he was running for life, and yet he was, he was running for his and someone else’s life.

 

- That moment when sorry wasn’t just a word, and when releasing the other felt right. It was that second time, when feeling a grown up felt good.

 

He opened the door, to find Jungkook sitting crossed legged on a bed, his back rested against the wall in a dim lit room, - crying.

 

He didn’t say a word, just looked blankly at shocked Jimin, and then back down shamefully, and clearly embarrassed.

 

This wasn’t a scene Jimin could ever picture or predict, it was overwhelming, as disgust arose inside of him. He only tried saving himself, whiles using Jungkook as an excuse, yet still hurting Jungkook all the same.

 

“Ah” Jungkook moaned out, almost annoyed, “This is embarrassing” he said - as if trying to brush off what was happening - through his sobs, looking towards the window, whiles the rubbed his nose with the back of his hand, and then turning it to clean his eyes and cheeks with his palm.

 

-

 

He sat on his bed, opposite from the other.

 

“I didn’t mean what I said. I never blamed you for anything” he spoke seriously now “In fact, up to this day I still don’t understand why you even feel guilty about those times. It has never been in yours or mine control. It wasn’t something that could’ve been avoided just by you simply protecting me.” He paused, looking up at the other, whose full attention was focused on his “Jungkook” he called out his name, almost apologetically “There are things you don’t know about. There are things that happened before you and your family showed up, things which I cannot tell you, and will never be able to tell anyone” he felt his heart throb at one memory in particular, one which had to be buried at all costs, now more than ever.

 

“Jungkook” he called out, after another pause “Don’t try to do what you did today again. We aren’t children anymore and you know everything without me having to say it, or confirm it.” He paused again, his gaze remaining strong “It is not something you can handle.”

---                                                                                                                                                                                              --

 

So I wrote a 2 Part Sequel.

I must warn you it has a different feeling - compared the original story - 

and is full of grammar mistakes.

So if you have chosen to read this and don't like it, remember, this had been your own choice...

Thank you for those who have left comments!

I will hopefully post Pt.2 Tomorrow.