to the moon and back

wonderlust

ten chittaphon leechaiyakul/kim chungha

college!au (friendship)

 

chungha sees ten and trouble are inseparable, in some way. she has seen all kind of troubles that have ensued before her own eyes – ten was the cause, of course. but never once she feels like distancing herself away from the troublemaking boy. more like she has enjoyed being a part of ten’s adventures, no matter how absurd and ridiculous they were.

“ten, are you sure this is okay?”

ten turns his head to her with eyes crinkling in pure assurance and a determined nod, which she doesn’t know how much it has always worked on him. it's never okay—thank god they’ve never got caught—but then, she would believe him, always.

the two have secretly sneaked up into the emergency staircase of their dance department building. ten has dragged her all the way to the rooftop. he was so excited when nasa announced that supermoon has finally reappeared after 68 years. she has known how much he loves this kind of space thingy – they have gone to countless of star-gazing, in-search for ufo, and surely this supermoon is a rare occasion that he wouldn’t want to miss.

and now, just the two of them on the abandoned rooftop, sitting side by side with eager eyes looking up to the dark sky painted with tiny stars.

“whoa, the moon definitely looks larger than usual,” she chirped in a childlike exhilaration with her finger pointed upwards to the silver moon. ten can’t help but find how adorable she is.

“it looks so beautiful. right, ten?”

for a spur of the moment, their eyes are fixed in contact; his quiet eyes are on her almond-eyed ones. they were dark brown, ten observes her irises carefully in the dark. mostly like they resembled a cat’s, or perhaps like stars – because they’re literally gleaming, as if stardust was spangled on them.

it has made them feel slightly nostalgic. he would always remember how chungha is the only person he could depend on when he had first arrived here as an exchange student from thailand. how she has become his walking dictionary, explaining from korean to english for him to understand and his partner in every class they have taken, in which they have become inevitably close.

inevitable that ten couldn’t find anyone else to be with except for her. she's his first friend. it's made him glad at how she wouldn't mind when he keeps following her around like a lost puppy. she's like his moon; stunningly bright as she guides his way in the dark of blackness.

“yeah, chungha,” he grins, wide and sincere, matched with her moony eyes under the moonlit ether. it feels like her smile has lighted up the shadowy evening and his heart too.