two [epilogue]

Coffee Shop Breakups

Three weeks. It took Changkyun three weeks to finally break down in tears, in front of Kihyun. The older man held the younger boy close and ruffled his hair as the boy spilled all his worries. 

He learned that Changkyun still felt that he was betraying Hyungwon. He was struggling with his rent. He was insecure about whether Kihyun liked him or not. Kihyun reassured him by wiping all the tears away, one by one, and placing a timid but certain kiss on Changkyun's forehead.

Changkyun cracked a tiny smile at that.

-----

Ten weeks. It took Kihyun ten weeks to finally see Changkyun smile for the first time.  He absolutely loved the way the corners of the younger man's lips curved up ever so slightly and the way he revealed his beautiful teeth.

He loved how any trace of the younger man's initial mysterious, dark aura completely disappeared when his face split into a big, goofy smile.

He loved the subtle dimples that became visible when the grin spread across his face. They might not have been as deep-set as Jooheon's, but his dimples were rather cute-- just like Changkyun himself.

Kihyun cracked a tiny smile at that.

-----

Five months. It took Changkyun five months to gather the courage to confess his feelings for Kihyun and ask him on a real, proper date. Undoubtedly, the location of the date was set at the same café that had brought them together, five months ago. 

Changkyun had come in that afternoon, blushing and nervous, and Kihyun knew. And Changkyun knew that Kihyun knew. The older man always knew everything, which was why he was surprised to see the man equally as flustered as he had been just a few minutes ago.

Changkyun cracked a tiny smile at that.

-----

Seven years. It took both Changkyun and Kihyun seven years to finally kneel down on one knee and propose. Changkyun had treated Kihyun to an expensive restaurant and hesitantly pulled out a tiny box, before looking up and seeing a smiling Kihyun holding a small box of his own. They both giggled, but neither of them would let the other propose first. Every time Changkyun tried to kneel down, Kihyun would mirror his actions. 

The couple settled for proposing at the same time, and it left them both ecstatic and flustered. A very red Kihyun promptly sat back down and tried to hide his tears of joy, while Changkyun held onto his new fiancé and placed a hesitant kiss on his cheek.

Kihyun and Changkyun both cracked big, beautiful smiles at that.