Ethereal Art

Ethereal Art

     A tall, lanky man in his mid-twenties was walking down the street with his head down after a long day at work. All he wanted was to get home as fast as possible. He suddenly felt the need to raise his head, and so he did. The man spotted a store that he had never seen before. Truth is, he had never really bothered to look. As he examined the place a little more thoroughly, he noticed a black sign that read "Art Gallery". The chipping paint on the sign revealed the rusty metal underneath, which told him the place wasn't all new.

Chanyeol tried not to let his curiosity get the best off him. He really did. Yet he couldn't just not enter the old looking building. His hand reached for the door knob, and slowly started turning it. Opening this door would change his entire life, and he had no idea. 

He cautiously stepped in, not being sure of what was on the other side. Logically, It would have to be art, right? Paintings, sculptures and maybe even a few mosaics. Looking around, he noticed that his predictions were right. These were one of the most beautiful artworks he'd ever seen. Completely mesmerized, he hadn't noticed the small boy standing beside him.

"This painting is beautiful, don't you think?" the boy, well actually man, murmured loud enough for him to hear.

Surprised at the sudden voice filling the air, Chanyeol jumped slightly and turned around to see the most gorgeous thing in this whole world. Nothing else mattered at this point, the only thing worth looking at was the magnificent man in front of him. All other artworks were forgotten, no matter how great they were, they could never compare to what he was seeing right now. He was fascinated at the sight. His light brown hair fell perfectly on his forehead, and a few stubborn hairs were flying around his face. Chanyeol was lost in his chocolate brown orbs, with tints of honey, and his flawless blushing skin. Speechless. That's what he was.

"Sir, are you okay?" the nameless boy asked as he waved his elegant hands in front of his face. Chanyeol was still in full ecstasy, which stopped him from voicing out an answer.

After a few minutes, he became fully aware of the other's presence and of the fact he had left his mouth opened the entire time since he came.

"U-Ugh y-yeah I'm fine, totally fine" he assured him with a big toothy smile. He smiled back, his eyes turning into crescents. 

That was the day Chanyeol had finally found his purpose in life. If he hadn't walked into that art gallery, and if he hadn't looked up in the first place, he would've never set his eyes on the splendid artwork that goes by the name Baekhyun, which he later on found out by asking him.

He now knew what people meant when they said they loved someone. Chanyeol assured himself he would never let go of him, because you can never just simply toss ethereal art.

Lost in his thoughts, he hadn't noticed the tap on his shoulder by the gallery janitor. As the second one came, he got out of his trance only to notice that he wasn't staring at a man this whole time. He had fallen in love with a painting.

The sad truth hit him right in the face. He would never get to hold Baekhyun in his arms, to pass his hands through his soft hair, or to whisper "I love you's", for Baekhyun was only paint on a canvas.