Night With the Guys

One Door Closes, Another Door Opens - Wonwoo

Watching countless movies and cuddling in his arms, you always looked forward to heading over his place after work knowing that you could be yourself. After the second date, he introduced you to his family and began to fast track the relationship, showing you off to his friends and family, everyone fell in love with you. Happy to have you around, his family began to get to know you and accept you as one of the family.

Time continued to tick on as you continued to spend time with Mingyu and his friends and family. One night, you came over and met Mingyu’s good friend of a year or so, Wonwoo. With a night of video games and watching movies along with pizza and chicken wings, the three of you happily hung out and enjoyed the night together.

Wonwoo would occasionally ask you questions to get to know you, happily answering him the best you could, you began to form a friendship with him as well. Finding Wonwoo super fun, cute and easy to talk to as well you started to open up a little more to him, discovering that the two of you loved music and video games, the two of you used that as a basis for the fresh friendship.

After that night you didn’t see much of Wonwoo even though you were still spending time with Mingyu. Cuddling to movies and sleeping over a time or two at Mingyu’s you started to feel like you could have something between the two of you. That is, until you had to leave town for a week due to a business trip.

Getting a text one night, you read over the multi messaged text as your mind was thrown for a loop, your heart sunk into the pit of your stomach while you tried to process what Mingyu had sent you.

Look… I was gonna wait til I see you in person to tell you this but it isn’t going to work between us. I like you a lot as a friend but I’m moving and I don’t wanna break your heart, but I can’t stay for you no matter how much I like you. I just didn’t wanna get your hopes up is all. I’m sorry…

That text was the reason for the awkward feeling in the current situation. With Mingyu still sitting across from you on the couch, your thoughts came back to the present, the past ticking through your mind.

“I hope there aren’t any hard feelings…” Mingyu broke the silence as your eyes looked up into his, “With the text I mean, and not being together anymore”

“No hard feelings, I didn’t realize that we were anything to be honest.” You told him shyly

“What do you mean?” He questioned, leaning in hanging on your every word

“Well you didn’t officially ask me to be your girlfriend so I thought we were just dating” You told him honestly, your fingers running up and down nervously across the cool can.

“I was introducing you as my girlfriend to my friends and family” Mingyu told you as you felt blush cover your cheeks

“I did hear that a few times” You whispered as you nodded

“There is something I want to ask you though” Mingyu rubbed the back of his neck changing the subject.

“Shoot” You told him, giving him your full attention

“So later this week is Kin’s birthday and the guys wanted me to invite you, but I wanted to ask you… since there will be other girls there… if I go off with one of them would you get jealous?” Mingyu started to stammer and stutter towards the end unsure how you would respond to this.

“Why would I get jealous? We aren’t together anymore, you can do whatever you want to” You told him honestly while a pain started to swell in your heart while doubts started to swirl in your head.

“Really?” Mingyu questioned, almost shocked at your answer.

“Really” You nodded before there was a knock on the door.

“You really are the best” Mingyu sat up on his knee and leaned over kissing the top of your head before he headed over to the front door to answer it.

Telepathically thanking whoever was on the other side of the door, you turned yourself around and rested your hand on the back of the couch so that you could see who saved you from any further discussion on that subject.

“I was wondering when you were going to get here, you turd!” Mingyu happily answered the door as someone stepped through the front door and into the condo.

Standing to your feet, you noticed a smaller man that Mingyu move from behind your ex boyfriend’s form.

“There is someone I want to introduce to you” Mingyu smiles as he brings the stranger over to you.

“_______ this is my friend, Kin.” Mingyu smiled as you bowed to his friend, still wanting to be polite.

“Nice to meet you Kin” You greeted him warmly

“Nice to meet you as well, I have heard so many things about you” Kin smiled at you as you just nodded, unsure if you should take that as a good or a bad thing.

“Is Wonwoo going to come?” Kin questioned turning towards Mingyu and handing him a plastic bag.

“Whenever he gets off of work” Mingyu smiled as he took the filled plastic bag and headed into the kitchen.

Placing the bag on the counter, he began to move the partially frozen boxes into his freezer. Kin moved around the couch and made himself comfy, looking over at you, the way Kin’s eyes began to move over you started to make you slightly uncomfortable. Sitting back down, you grabbed your drink and sipped it slowly, Kin hooked up his phone to the surround speakers through the condo and began to play songs as he continued to look at you.

Asking you a few questions here and there, you began to laugh and tease Kin slightly starting to form a friendship between the two of you. Not long after, there was a knock on the door. Mingyu moved from the kitchen and answered the door. Discovering that it was Wonwoo, he came inside as you waved to Wonwoo. Smiling back at you, Wonwoo waved and headed into the kitchen to get a drink.

“It’s five! You know what that means!” Kin happily called as he skipped into the kitchen and pulled out a six pack from the fridge. Popping open a beer, Kin pressed the bottle against his lips as Mingyu quickly followed suit.

Sitting alone in the living room, you knew that you were underage and that you didn’t want to be part of the drinking group tonight. Staying on the couch, you sipped your soda as you watched the guys quickly drink one beer down before opening another one.

“I need a smoke” Mingyu announced as he grabbed his pack of cigarettes and lighter as he filed out the backdoor with Kin on his heels.

Hearing the back door close, you watched Wonwoo pull out some food from the freezer and slip it into the microwave. Standing up, you headed over to the kitchen and tossed your finished soda in the trashcan before you grabbed another one.

Sipping the soda slowly, you leaned against the counter as your eyes wondered out to the two outside.

“Is everything okay?” Wonwoo questioned, his eyes lingering on you as he could tell that something was off.

“I-I….” You turned to him, seeing his kind eyes meet yours causing your words to flee from your thoughts, “Just a lot going through my mind…”

“I’m all ears if you want to talk about it” Wonwoo leaned against the counter as you felt your heartstrings being pulled tightly.

“Well Mingyu broke up with me and then he asked if girls came over for Kin’s party and he got with them, would I get jealous” You sighed softly, your eyes dropping from Wonwoo’s

“What did you say?” Wongwoo probed, the news that Mingyu dumped you coming as news to him.

“I told him that we weren’t together anymore and he could do whatever he wanted to” You relayed the message as he nodded.

“I’m sorry he dumped you… he must be stupid or something to dump someone so… perfect…” Wonwoo’s voice slowly tapered off towards the end, your eyes lifted up to meet Wonwoo’s slightly in shock of his word choice.

The moment seemed to stand still as the two of your eyes met one another. Searching to find the truth in his eyes, you found it with ease while his eyes gently sparkled under the lights of Mingyu’s condo.

Hearing the back door open, your eyes quickly moved from Wonwoo’s as the microwave dinged indicating that his food was finished cooking. Pulling out his food from the microwave, the other two guys stumbled into the condo and into the kitchen to grab another beer. Sipping your drink, you heard a few comments pointed towards you as you brushed them off as Mingyu and Kin began to cook food as well.

Once everyone had some food, Wonwoo came over to you and offered you some. Taking a little bit of food from his plate, the three of them began to head outside. Wonwoo waved you to come with them, happy that one of the guys acknowledged that you were there, you happily joined them outside as the music continued to play.

Moving from one song to another, the three boys happily played their songs and talked about past memories and stories. Slowly watching the sun set, you four stayed outside and enjoyed the temperature cooling into the night.

The light of day turned into the darkness of night as you headed inside to change into something a little more comfier and cooler. Exchanging your jeans for runner shorts, you walked back into the kitchen to get some more ice for your water. Pulling some ice from the freezer, Wonwoo and Kin came walking in, their eyes going directly to the exposed legs before them causing them to go quiet.

“______ would you like anymore food?” Wonwoo questioned moving beside you and reaching into the fridge to pull out some burritos to heat up for the guys.

“I could have one” You told him as he moved around you and placed four or five into the microwave.

Hearing something muttered under Kin’s breath, you turned around, catching his eyes scanning you up and down. Turning back around, you sipped your water as you heard your phone vibrate on the counter top. Grabbing your phone, you opened the new message that you just received. Seeing the name that was on the top of your screen, you glanced up to see Kin smirking at you, dropping your eyes back down to the screen, you sent a one worded reply to hear his phone chime.

Watching him type back, you slipped your phone back into the waistband of your shorts, lifting your water bottle to your lips, you happily sipped it as you glanced over at Wonwoo. Taking out the food, he checked that each of them were cooked before he moved them to paper towels.

“Let’s go eat these outside” Wonwoo says with a smile, helping him grab the burritos you carried them outside and handed one to Mingyu.

Taking a seat on the grass, the four of you ate your burritos while the black canvas covered the sky, with only the lights from the condo cascading across the grass. Feeling your phone vibrate, you pulled your phone out of your waistband and pulled up the message that was unread but this time it wasn’t from Kin.

I think you are a cutie… to be honest I would get a little jealous when Mingyu would talk about you two… - Wonwoo

Looking up, you turned your head to look over at Wonwoo, seeing the blush on his cheeks and him taking a deep breath, you couldn’t help but smile and text back.

You are super cute too, and sweet, kind and caring. The night we met, I wanted to talk with you the whole night instead of watching the movie…

“We should all watch the stars” Mingyu suggests in his drunken state.

Finding it a good idea, everyone moved onto the grass and laid down. Mingyu’s arms spread out wide as everyone used his arms as a pillow while looking to the heavens above.

While the sky got darker, the starts began to slowly start to show, the night sky slowly painting itself slowly. Laughing and talking, Wonwoo laid on one side of you while Mingyu laid on the other side. Cuddled between the two guys, you smiled as they told some jokes and stories. A soft touch made you jump slightly as your head turned towards Wonwoo, a smile softly curled on his lips as the back of his hand gently brushed across your bare leg.

Butterflies slowly began to appear in your stomach as your eyes returned to the stars above, feeling him draw little figures on your leg you smiled and tried to not laugh or giggle under the ticklish touch.

“I’m going to get another beer” Mingyu excused himself as he sat up and untangled himself from his friends before heading inside. Grabbing another six pack, he brought it out and sat in a camp chair while you continued to lay on the grass.

Kin took another beer as Wonwoo and you stuck to water. Laughing and talking a bit more, the hours happily ticked by. After a while, everyone got up and headed inside to play a card game or two. Learning some new games, Mingyu continued to laugh hysterically giving away his cards and loosing every game. With you coming in first or second place in every game, you watched as Mingyu headed outside by himself.

Cleaning up the game, you were left with Kin and Wonwoo as the three of you decided to choose a movie for the night. Reading the movies out to them, they sat on the couch as you felt another buzz come from your pocket. Opening the message, you blushed so hard seeing the message.

Dang… those shorts…

Seeing that it was from Kin, you pulled a blanket over your legs as the look in his eyes was making you more and more uncomfortable. Wonwoo saw you pull a blanket over your legs as he came over to you and looked at the movies.

Deciding on one, they sent you out to go and see if Mingyu wanted to come inside and watch it with them.

“Hey Mingyu” You cooed once you were outside, seeing him lay in the grass admiring the stars, “We were going to watch a movie, did you want to join us?”

“No, I’m good thank you” Mingyu looked over at you and smiled, getting a feeling that he wasnt fine, you sat down next to him and stayed with him a moment as he lifted his hand up and rubbed your back gently.

“You can head inside, I’m going to head to bed” Mingyu sat up and rubbed your back

“Thanks but I am going to stay out here for a moment” You told him as he nodded and stood up before heading inside.

Watching the guys bid him a goodnight, they looked out the window and saw you before you lifted your eyes to the sky. Hearing the back door open, you waited a moment until someone sat next to you.

“Want some company?” Wonwoo whispered softly as you nodded your head gently.

“If you would like” You watched him sit down next to you before you laid down and rose your arms over your head.

“Are you having fun tonight?” Wonwoo questioned softly, his body reclining back onto his arms that planted themselves in the grass.

“I am” You sighed softly

“I’m not convinced” Wonwoo looked down at you, your eyes turned over to him.

“I don’t like it when Mingyu drinks and Kin has been making me uncomfortable all evening” You told him, your eyes moving back to the stars.

“What about me?” Wonwoo chuckled, hoping his touches earlier didn’t do anything to make your night worse.

“I’m enjoying your company, you make me feel like I am actually here” You told him honestly, “When I am with the other two, I don’t feel like I fit in, but when you are around, I feel like I fit with you and we fit in together.”

“I’m glad I could be of help” Wonwoo lowered himself down onto the grass as he let out a deep breath.

“You are, I probably would have left already if you weren’t here” You told him honestly, letting your head roll over to his direction.

“I’m glad you didn’t leave” Wonwoo truthfully confessed, his head rolling over and his eyes meeting yours.

“I bet you guys would have fun without me though” You returned your eyes to the stars as you closed them for a moment.

“I doubt it, there are so many things that you understand that they don’t” Wonwoo began, “Like your love of songs and lyrics and talking about more than three subjects throughout the whole night. Besides tonight wouldn’t be as beautiful if you weren’t here…”

“Why would that be?” You probed curiously, “You still have the stars”

“But we don’t have you” Wonwoo confessed, his feelings for you slowly starting to spill.

Sitting up, you leaned back against your arm as Wonwoo copied you, your eyes turned to his as his eyes slowly took in your beautiful features. Crickets slowly filled the silence as the song of the night began to play softly.

“Mingyu is a jerk for letting such a rare beauty like you go” Wonwoo whispered, his heart picking up in his chest.

“I have bad luck with guys…” You whispered, your eyes dropping from his loving gaze

“You just haven’t found the right one yet, you are perfect just the way you are.” Wonwoo tilted your chin up slightly, “You don’t need to change, we need to change for you. Your heart is so full of love and kindness that we need to learn to do the same. You’re beautiful and any guy would be honored to just to go on a date with you.”

Taking in all of the compliments, you couldn’t take your eyes off of his anymore. “Thank you Wonwoo, that is very sweet of you to say.”

“I wish you could find someone that treats you how you treat everyone else, then you would see what an angel you are to everyone around you” Wonwoo continued to compliment you, his heart beating faster as he just wanted to see one thing. Your smile.

“You really are being too sweet” You whispered as you tried to fight back a smile.

“Just saying what my heart tells me to” Wonwoo whispered as he leaned in and kissed your cheek softly.

Pulling away, his brown eyes met yours as you glanced down at his lips entertaining the idea before you let your lips part and a bright smile outfit your lips.

“Beautiful…” Wonwoo smiled happy to see your angelic smile pull on your lips.

A few moments passed as your gazes and eyes did all of the talking between the two of you. Creaking of the back door caught your attention and Kin laughed.

“You guys coming?” Kin called loudly as the two of you stood up and headed inside for the movie.

Turning the lights down low and grabbing a blanket or two, you shared the couch with Wonwoo while Kin got the recliner. Mingyu had retired to his bedroom passed out on the bed from all of the alcohol he had that night. With the room dark and the movie playing, you watched as the story carried you through time, hearing a snore in the recliner, you smiled looking over at a sleeping Kin. Glancing back at Wonwoo, he made a silly face at you causing you to giggle.

Watching the movie once again, you let your head rest against Wonwoo’s shoulder as you slowly closed your eyes. Feeling your body relax against him, Wonwoo glanced down and saw your sleeping figure against him. Wrapping his arm around you, he adjusted his position a little bit so that you would be more comfortable.

With your head now laying on his chest and your arms folded between you and him, he pulled a blanket up on you and rubbed your back. Too nervous to fall asleep, he watched the movie fully before he turned it off and tried to fall asleep. With time everyone was asleep just before the sun peaked over the horizon.