You and Mingyu

One Door Closes, Another Door Opens - Wonwoo

Gravel crushed slightly underneath your tires as you pulled up in front of Mingyu’s condo. Turning back the key in the ignition, you relaxed back in the drivers seat as you brought your phone over to your lap. Taking in a deep breath, you checked your recent messages while waiting for the current song to end.

A light knock came to your drivers window, lifting your eyes from your phone, you turned your head to see who was outside. A smile greeted you with a wave from Mingyu standing outside your drivers’ door.

Pulling the door handle, you pushed open the drivers door careful not to hit Mingyu as he backed up allowing you to exit your car.

“Looks like you found the place okay” Mingyu chuckled as he pulled the door open a little more as you stood up fully and laughed lightly.

“It’s not like I haven’t been over here before” You teased as you stepped out of the way so the door could close. “What are we going to do today?”

“Kin and Wonwoo should be over soon, but it is just you and me until they get here.” Mingyu smiled as the two of you walked towards his condo.

“Who are Kin and Wonwoo?” You questioned, unsure if you had met them before.

“Wonwoo came over a few weeks ago and we played video games with him, remember?” Mingyu opened his front door for you as you walked in first.

“Oh right! He was fun to hang out with!” You slipped off your shoes once you were inside

“You haven’t met Kin before, but he is just as cool” Mingyu slips off his slippers and heads into the kitchen. “Can I get you anything before they come over?”

His brown eyes watched you as you slipped your phone into your back pocket and stretched your arms from the work day that you had just completed.

“I could take a soda” You told him, walking over to the counter and shifting your weight from two legs to one.

Pulling out your favorite soda, Mingyu popped the top and slid it over across the counter to you. Lifting the can to your lips, you sipped it slowly while you could feel Mingyu’s eyes fixated on you. A tingling sensation ran up your spine as Mingyu pulled out another soda and popped the top, sipping some for himself.

“Did you have work today?” Mingyu finally broke the silence

“Not today” You replied, shaking your head slightly as he gave a nod, “You?”

“No, I’m in between jobs right now. I just want to find a job that I actually enjoy and that I can stay in for a long time” Mingyu answered.

“What jobs have you considered?” You questioned thinking you could make a conversation out of this topic.

“Well, I was thinking about applying for the mechanic job since I am good with engines. I don’t want to do any food jobs since those haven’t worked out in the past.” Mingyu slowly started to move from the kitchen to the living room as you followed him slowly.

“You would be good being a mechanic” You encouraged him, he took his seat on one side of the couch as you took the opposite side.

“Thank you” Mingyu lifted his eyes from the can settled between his hands to you his thoughts slowing down while his tongue slipped over his lips.

“You’re welcome” You whispered softly as your eyes caught his, dropping your eyes quickly, your fingertip slowly brushed over the pop top on the can as you felt your heart start to beat faster, a different feeling settling between the two of you than before.

The start of your conjoined story started like any other modern relationship, a dating site match. With a swipe right from the two of you, you both started to converse together. He began to flirt and compliment you while you slowly began to lose your grip on reality and fall for him slowly taking your guard down with you. Asking you to meet him for dinner, he promised that if you ever felt uncomfortable that you could leave.

Agreeing to his terms, you met him one day after work, ordering your favorite pizza along with his, he made his small condo presentable for you while waiting for you and the pizza to arrive. Pulling up in front of his place, you double checked the address as a car pulled up behind you. Watching a man step out of the car, he carried a box of pizza. Grabbing your things, you looked yourself over in the pull down mirror before you stepped out of your car and walked up the steps with the pizza delivery man.

“Perfect timing” Mingyu smiled seeing you climb the stairs as he exchanged a tip for the pizza.

“Enjoy your evening” The pizza delivery man smiled and bowed to the two of you before heading back to his car.

“Thank you, we will” You answered as Mingyu welcomed you inside, slipping off your shoes you watched him place the pizza down on the coffee table with two soda’s on either side.

The first date was nothing fancy, pizza and deep conversations seemed to tick the hours away, slowly peeling away layers of your stories to one another. Testing the waters with each story you exposed, with each emotion you began to express thoughts crossed your mind wondering if you were willing to trust him. With an empty cardboard box and crushed pop cans sitting on the coffee table, the two of you winded down the first date as he walked you back out to your car.

Thanking him for the evening, you buckled yourself in and started your car as he waved you off and watched you until you were out of his view. That night, you continued to text him until you fell asleep, that simple night turned into you going over to his place more and more often. Spending more time over at his place than your own, you began to see life differently as you spent more time with him.