Emotion

Running from Death

Mir leaned closer to GO with his eyes still running around the clearing in the middle of the forest. "Hyung? Where's Seungho hyung?" Mir whispered, not wanting to interrupt one of the PD who was still explaining on what the celebrities chosen here on what they had to do.

          GO shrugged, this time looking around as well. He had definitely told Seungho about the gathering before he went off to pick up the maknae. So, why wasn't the leader here yet?

          His train of thought were disrupted by Mir's small gasp. He looked over to the younger with curiosity and noticed how Mir's huge eyes were widened even more as the maknae stared off in a direction. Still curious, he threw unsuspecting gaze to where Mir was looking at, gasping himself as he saw what had surprised Mir.

          It was Seungho walking closer to the gathering with Soju secured in his embrace despite the leader's initial complaint on Mir bringing the little pup here. Well, Seungho alone with Soju won't evoke such reaction from him and Mir but Seungho, walking with Joon on tow definitely warranted some reaction from them two. Squinting his eyes, GO swore Seungho looked like he was fuming while Joon was having a deep troubled frown on his face. What could have happened between those two?

          "Hyung?" A tug on GO's white shirt sleeve brought his attention back to Mir. "You don't think they just fought... Right?"

          GO sighed, sparing another short glance to Seungho who was evading Joon by talking to Leo, leaving poor Joon standing awkwardly not far behind, hesitating to approach the MBLAQ leader for a few seconds before retreating with a defeated look and went off towards his other friends. "I hope not." He whispered back to the maknae.

          Mir kept his eyes glued to Seungho. Worries swirled painfully obvious in the pool of his dark brown orbs. Others might not notice, but he saw clearly the distress that Seungho was suppressing down, hiding from prying eyes. "Hyung... Did we... Make a wrong choice after all?"

          GO was taken by surprised at Mir's question. The question drove his mind to overwork. Maybe they did after all. Maybe they weren't as ready as they thought they were. He agreed to sign the contract, knowing Joon and Sanghyun would be here too,  but at that time, he didn't think much about it. The two former MBLAQ members had cut off contact with them for years, not that any of the MBLAQ trio even try to contact any of the leaving two. Because, it didn't matter how much they were convincing themselves that they were over the shattered friendship, deep down inside, there were in fact still some left bitterness towards the two.

          "You think we still have time to retreat. I mean, we can just pay for breaching-"

          "No, you can't."

          Mir jumped slightly when another voice answered his question, a voice that definitely didn't belong to GO as he was expecting but a voice he would have recognized despite the fact he hadn't hear it for years long.

          Sanghyun stepped forwards until he was standing next to Mir, didn't miss the way Mir shrank away from him and closer to GO who was now fixing a glare on him. Pulling a straight face despite the twinge of pain on his chest at the duo's reaction towards his presence, he continued, "There has been news all over tabloid about this reality show and our names have been mentioned. You really think retreating won't raise suspicion? Reporter will spazz all over, spreading gossip on how bad our relationship is."

          GO snickered. "And you suddenly care about that now after pretending nothing had ever happened?" GO let out a subtle sigh. "That doesn't really matter now anyway. Not now at least. Let's go, Cheolyong." GO took Mir's hand and dragged Mir away from Sanghyun. But he stopped a few steps after. Without looking back to face Sanghyun or even spare a glance, he said, "And don't worry. MBLAQ is professional enough to not mix personal problem with work." and left.

          Only after GO left that Sanghyun let out the breath he was holding, his heart clenched as he acknowledged painfully how their friendship really had ended years ago when Joon and him decided to leave. A decision that cost a five years long friendship.

          Unconsciously, he looked up to the leaving duo, half surprised Mir was looking in his direction too while being dragged away. The suffocating tight feeling around his chest somehow lessened when the young man offered a small child-like smile. Smiling back, Sanghyun thought, maybe this friendship hadn't completely lost yet.

 

@@@@@@@@@@

 

Seungho shifted on his feet, looking down on the white little dog which was jumping around happily on the lump of still not made up tent blankly until a hand clapped on his shoulder. "Told you he's better than you." GO grinned while tilting his head slightly towards Mir who was helping Key and Minho putting up a tent.

          Seungho frowned. He had somehow made a senseless argument with the MBLAQ maknae on how he could definitely put up a tent better than Mir because Mir had been boasting on how putting up a tent was an easy peasy bit, and with GO openly cheering and complimenting the maknae who had unconsciously Seungho's ego as the leader wasn't really helping him.

          One way or another, they somehow ended up making a bet, that, if Seungho could successfully setting up the tent alone, Mir would accept whatever form of punishment the leader came up with and him to Mir if he lost. Leaping at the chance of being able to humiliate the maknae, Seungho had agreed thoughtlessly. Who would have thought setting up a tent was actually really hard, especially when he was supposed to do it alone.

          "Help me, then." Seungho turned to GO only to notice GO had been ignoring him and was looking in Taeyeon's direction.

          The leader of the girl group called SNSD was trying to put up a tent with help from the leader of Big Bang boy group, G-dragon which kind of didn't really help. It seemed that the skill of the two leaders combined was nothing more than the skill of Seungho alone in putting up a tent. And it still didn't help even when Nicole went over there to help. His eyes went back to GO when he noticed light frown appearing on GO's face and he looked back at the couple at the tent, nodding to himself as he could read the situation once he saw Baekhyun was walking towards Taeyeon and G-dragon slowly.

          Seungho gave a light push on GO's back. "Go on. They need you." Seungho said.

          GO stared blankly at Seungho before nodding and made his way towards Taeyeon. Though GO's back was on Seungho, Seungho could imagine the glare GO was wearing on his usually poker face, showing how scary he could look based on how Baekhyun flinched, cowered and finally turned away back to his own tent which he was setting up with the help from Joon and Sanghyun though it was rather smaller since it will be shared between him and G-dragon only. What an arrangement that obviously call for trouble...

          "Need help?"

          Seungho turned and groaned at Mir who was looking at him teasingly, Soju was in Mir's embrace.

          "Don't worry hyung. I'm sure Soju is the one messing up your tent, otherwise, you would have done perfectly." Mir jibed.

          "Shut up, maknae!" Seungho warned, glaring at Mir.

          Mir laughed but his laughter died down rather abruptly when his eyes trailed over to the far distance. Seungho turned to look at the same direction only to see a girl looking straight past him and at Mir. Jei...

          "Go to her." Seungho whispered, picking up the tent by Mir's feet.

          Mir sighed, looking away from Jei's lovely pair of eyes. "You know I can't."

          "Stop giving excuses..."

          Mir smiled bitterly. "I wish it was just that... It's not going to happen, hyung." Mir said, stealing a few glances at Jei who was not so stealthily in doing the same towards Mir, all the while trying to set up the tent together with Nana and Lizzy.

          "You won't know if you don't give it a chance."

          Mir took the other end of the tent, measuring edge he was going to nail into the ground before picking up a large wooden nail and some random fist-size stone to hammer in into the earth. "She's too good for me."

          "Well... You're not half as bad..."

          "Hyung~" Mir whine at Seungho's tease. "Just hammered those other three loop with these and it's done."

          "Okay, fine. You really do have skill in putting up a tent. I give that to you. Now, go and help those girls." Seungho whipped Mir away with his jacket and smiled gently as Mir pouted and stomped away towards the group of three girls who was struggling in setting up the tent but as Mir was getting closer and Jei looked up at approaching Mir, the MBLAQ maknae immediately stopped and swiftly his heels, trying to walk back to Seungho but stopped again when Seungho gave him a look with wide scary eyes as if daring him to chicken out and walked away.

          Mir exhaled harshly and inhaled deeply a few times before turning back to the three girls. Seungho smiled as he saw clearly how Jei's eyes lit up despite the Fiestar girl group member hardly show it on her face. Mir immediately got into small bickering with Lizzy while helping those girls while the little Soju barking threateningly at Lizzy, trying to protect its master but calmed down immediately when Jei took the white pup into her hands.

          Seungho chuckled. Some things never change...

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

"I still don't understand..." Sanghyuk sighed, his phone in his hands as he walked around the already set up tent with his hand which was holding the small gadget as high as he could.

          "It's a variety show. We don't need to understand anything. Just play the games and follow the flow." Dongwoon answered from his position in the tent, upper half of body was outside the tent. The book was lying opened on the ground as his eyes scanned each words with indifference.

          "What is so interesting in a heap of idols being shoved into the forest to play some games?" Sanghyuk sighed again, flopping down on the ground just next to Dongwoon. "There's no line here."

          "What do you expect? We're in the jungle." Dongwoon said, turning another page and sighed just like Sanghyuk. "I brought the wrong book. This one is really a page turner." He said sarcastically and tossed the book away. "I'm bored."

          "Then sleep." Leo appeared and took the book that was haphazardly lying on the grassy ground. He stepped over Dongwoon and went into the tent. "I'm borrowing this book." Came Leo's voice from inside the tent.

          "Let's go and take a look around the place, why won't we?" Sanghyuk suggested.

          "What to look at? There's just more and more trees." Dongwoon rebutted and lied his head on Sanghyun's legs which were crossed in indian style.

          Sanghyuk nodded and looked up to the blue sky. "Just trees."

          "Yup. Nothing but forest."

          "Guys!"

          Dongwoon groaned and sat up while Sanghyuk beamed watching Taemin skipping towards them, calling out to them loudly that even Leo poked his head out of the tent in curiosity. "Let's go and look around. The others are too busy setting up their tent."

          "I'm in!" Sanghyuk said, jumping up to stand on his feet.

          "Let's go, Dongwoon hyung." Taemin offered his hands.

          "There's nothing to see..." Dongwoon repeated. "We're in jungle, kids..."

          "Actually..." Leo crawled out of the tent. "I want to look around as well." He admitted. "Let's go." He went off first while Sanghyun and Taemin followed just behind, grinning.

          Dongwoon looked around. Mir was busy arguing with Lizzy while trying his best to make the tent that would be the shelter for Nana and Lizzy and more importantly, Jei as good and as strong and as comfortable as he could. He really didn't understand Mir though. Mir was acting on his feelings towards Jei so obviously but he kept on pushing Jei away. Sometimes it was too hard to understand what could be running in Mir's mind eventhough they were bestfriend.

          His eyes drifted to another half finished tent which was being handled by GO and G-dragon while Taeyeon and Nicole was sitting not far, engaging in their own girly talk. So... Even Nicole was out of question.

          Key and Minho was still busy arranging the tent to look the closest to their own room back in the city as they could possibly done with Key putting up some aromatic small pouches and some other diva-ish properties with Minho kindly helping out.

          Joon and Sanghyun were missing, most probably in their own shared tent, sleeping since their shoes cladded feet were jutted out of the opened tent with Baekhyun sitting alone next to his own tent which would be shared with G-dragon, eyes gazing towards Taeyeon. Dongwoon was so not going to associate with some kids helplessly in love.

          So, he decided to just go and followed Leo, Sanghyuk and Taemin. But, definitely not before dragging Seungho with him. He need someone responsible enough to control those brats... "Seungho hyung! Let's go for a walk!"