Horoscopes - Jongkey

Fluff Is Not A Drug - A SHINee One-shot Collection

There was no reason for Jonghyun to be superstitious.  To do so would only breed self-loathing, succumbing to shallow strangers who saw him as an unfortunate soul.  In reality, the opposite could not be more true of his unlucky lots: his AB blood made his flow unique, his two opposing hair swirls were the nimbuses of musings, and as hard as they tried to make him right handed, his trusty left just felt better to with.

 

The thought made his fingers twitch, and Jonghyun soothingly pat his lower tummy where it had started to grow warm.  He was trying to have the patience to listen to Kibum read out their horoscopes for the day.

 

Laying on his back in between his partner’s legs, Jonghyun could feel Kibum’s voice rumble from the bare stomach that was his pillow this morning.  It was filled with contained excitement, no doubt trying not to seem foolish to a boyfriend who found such things to be frivolous.  Jonghyun tried to soothe him by drawing slow circles on Kibum’s inner thigh.  Just because his boyfriend was ridiculous didn’t mean Jonghyun didn’t find him cute.

 

“It says here that Aries are stubborn,” Kibum read aloud.  “That’s true sometimes.”

 

“Coincidence,” Jonghyun replied dismissively.  He gave one hand an airy wave.

 

“Ah, so you stubbornly continue to insist it is coincidence?” Kibum teased of their age-old argument.  He must’ve thought he was so clever.

 

Jonghyun huffed, relenting just a bit.  “This time, yes.  But even then, you said it’s only ‘sometimes’ true, meaning it’s a convenient truth, and convenient truths don’t stand to prove anything.”

 

“Well this lecture doesn’t feel very ‘convenient,’” Kibum mumbled, voice trailing off as he continued with his reading.


Jonghyun dropped the argument with a sigh.  If zodiacs were true, then Kibum must be a stubborn aries, too, he thought childishly.  Wanting some fun of his own, he rolled onto his stomach, determined to bother his boyfriend out of his questionable methods of belief.

 

He lightly traced the folds of Kibum’s boxers, smoothing out the ridges and testing his focus.  There were waves and ripples in the cloth, material almost as soft as his skin.  The stars that littered the fabric even matched the tiny freckles on Kibum’s legs, and with the tender tiptoe of his fingers, Jonghyun moved between fabric and skin.

 

Kibum, however, remained unmoved.

 

“Oh, see—it also says Aries are passionate!” His tone tilted upwards at the end, hopeful Jonghyun would follow.

 

“Correlation does not imply causation,” Jonghyun recited, his voice muffled from where he was nuzzling Kibum’s hip.

 

“It also calls you a ‘dynamic self-starter.’”

 

Jonghyun simply lifted his head, revealing a wrinkled nose.  “I am dynamic because I am Jonghyun, not because I’m an Aries.”

 

Kibum rolled his eyes, but there no further discussion as both went back to their chosen methods for passing the time.  Every now and then, there was the dull sound of Kibum tapping his phone to get to the next page of his hokey star-gazing.  Sometimes, there would be a small intake of breath—as if Kibum was excited to share something, but decided against it.  Jonghyun couldn’t help but roll his eyes to himself, exasperated with Kibum’s zodiac fascination not because he was staunchly against it, but more so because there were better things they could be doing right then.

 

Bringing his pouty lips to the skin at Kibum’s waistband, Jonghyun wondered if the other could feel his sulking.  If he did, he only tried to soothe Jonghyun by running his fingers slowly through his hair.  It was an idle touch, not too committed beyond his reading, but sweet in its simplicity all the same. 

 

Jonghyun gave into the touch like a well-trained pup, and in return brought tender kisses up a well-trimmed treasure trail.  He heard Kibum give a whimper, and his head snapped up hopefully.

 

“—it says Libras are indecisive!” Kibum whined.

 

Losing patience, Jonghyun indirectly agreed by dryly reminding him that, “it took you a half hour to decide between boxers or briefs last night.”

 

“Oh, so now you agree with it?!” Kibum yelped indignantly.

 

“I’m pandering to your logic,” Jonghyun sighed, resting his chin on the younger’s stomach.  “Maybe you took six hours to say yes that first time I asked you out because you’re a Libra.  You even waited until I was gone on the train to text me ‘I guess we could try.’”

 

Kibum’s gentle petting turned into an aggressive tug of Jonghyun’s hair.

 

Jonghyun, however, was proud of his quips and spurred his angered boyfriend further with throaty moan.  “Yeah, babe, just like that,” he taunted, even blowing Kibum a kiss.

 

With a cluck of his tongue, Kibum released Jonghyun’s hair as if it were diseased.  “Shut up, you’re so gross!”

 

“’Shut up?!’” Jonghyun yelped, feigning offense, “See, there’s that indecisiveness again—you were the one pulling my hair!”

 

His obnoxiousness wasn’t even gratified with a response.  Instead, Kibum drew up his legs to his chest, reading his phone more intently than ever.  The furrow in his brow told Jonghyun that he had begun to get under his skin, just not quite in the y way Jonghyun had hoped.

 

Sighing, he knelt up and poked at Kibum’s knee.  When his boyfriend didn’t flinch, which seemed like a good sign, Jonghyun crawled up the bed and sat against the headboard next to Kibum.  Softly, he planted a soft kiss on Kibum’s shoulder, then pointed to the screen.

 

“This one says Libras are sweet,” Jonghyun read kindly.

 

Kibum’s jaw twitched.  “Oh, you’re right, zodiacs are definitely not true!” he said, cackling his obnoxious laugh that meant he was half-embarrassed.

 

Jonghyun only chuckled back ruefully, not wanting to agree with Kibum yet again.  He knew that, if only by coincidence, the zodiac was right.  Kibum was sweet in his own ways, looking to the stars to prove the best in his stubborn, passionate, and dynamic boyfriend.  Sometimes it was nice to believe in fanciful stars, as if the fates ascribed were real.  

 

 

 

A/N: Uhm, this was supposed to be a lot longer than I thought. So I guess this is just a drabble. I wrote it during class at my first week back at university, so everyone saw me writing as if I was taking diligent notes.  The writing style is more stale than my usual and the second half (that I deleted) didn't really match, but I like to think the banter is sweet and to be honest the biggest exercise of all for me was not getting so caught up in flowery writing and just writing something for the sake of writing. It was supposed to extend into something sweeter and more romantic but it REALLY ran away from me so I'll save some of those sweeter lines for a better story.  Anyway, I'm SUPER sorry this isn't up to my usual snuff but I hope the fluff can tide you over until my next story that I'm p excited about . . . 

Please look forward to a story about "if a stranger held your hand" feat. Ikea Worker!Taem