Disturbances

Alterations

 

"So more of the sleeveless shirts for this comeback too?" Kihyun asked Shownu on the couch in the recording room, waiting for their turn. He was facing him, while Shownu sat straight ahead, both arms resting around the top of the couch.
"Yeah."
"Hey, I'm not complaining." He gave his arms a squeeze. "I think it's a good idea. You & Wonho are the ones with the nicer bodies. It should be accentuated a little bit, at least. Run it by our stylist & see what he says. I'm sure he'll agree."
Shownu only nodded, glancing back up to watch Jooheon record his parts for the song.
"Ki, do you have a type?"
Kihyun turned to him now, raising his eyebrows as if to say "What?"
Shownu said nothing, waiting for him to figure it out.
"A type of what?"
"A type of guy you're interested in. That you find attractive."
"No..?" He thought about it for a moment. He had all of the bull "ideal types" in his head already memorized for what he's supposed to to say in interviews & such, but those were for girls. He never actually took the time to think about the same with men.
"There's a few things me & Wonho have in common. That's all."
Kihyun's face scrunched up, as he let out a tiny wail.
"Stop giving this Wonho thing all of your attention! It didn't seem to matter before the other day!"
Shownu turned his attention back to the recording. It was only them, Jooheon, & a few producers there in the room. The rest were either out practicing or revising their lines. Jooheon was the only one 100% ready, never having to change a single thing.
Kihyun did a quick little whistle to get his attention again, & Shownu sat up more to look at him. He made a heart with his index finger & his thumb, & the older boy bent down to kiss it. They got snapped out of their own little world when they heard a few claps from the producers, watching Jooheon exit the booth.
"Okay, what did you guys think?" He asked the two eagerly.
"Uhh.." Was all Kihyun could manage to say, as his hyung stayed silent as usual.
Jooheon looked sad. "Was I that bad?"
"No no no!" Kihyun waved his hands urgently. "We just weren't.. paying attention.."
"We were focusing on our own lines."
Everyone turned to Shownu just then.
"Wow, nice save." Kihyun complimented.
"Oh," Jooheon put his hands in his jacket pockets. "So you admit that you weren't even doing that much. Tch."
"Oh come on Jooheon! You always kill it!" Kihyun punched him lightly on the shoulder, as he took a seat next to them. He took in a deep breath & relaxed himself.
"I should go last. I'm the one with the most parts." Kihyun said, mostly talking to himself.
"We should get rap line done first then. Where's I.M?"
Kihyun gave him a look. "I think you already know the answer to that."
The rapper took his hat off, sighing. "I'm trying to ignore that."
"You know, I'm really curious to know what your issue with them is. I mean it's none of my business, so if you wanna-"
"You're right. It's not your business." Jooheon said tensely. Shownu straightened up a bit more, & Kihyun put a hand on his chest, signaling to him that it was okay.
"I seemed to have striked a nerve, but there isn't any real reason that we can't talk this out."
"Yeah, well what if I don't feel like talking?"
"Do you like one of them? Is it jealousy?" Kihyun inquired, ignoring Jooheon's previous statement.
Jooheon looked back at him now, surprised that he even came to that conclusion.
"Look, weren't you the one telling us yesterday that we have to stay focused? So why are you bringing all of this up?" Jooheon crossed his arms over his shoulders, & Kihyun rolled his eyes.
"There's tension, & I'm just trying to solve it. Because if we don't, the fans & everyone else will be able to see right through that."
"I'm a good actor," Jooheon smiled. "I think I'll be just fine."

 


"So, you're not affected by any of this, right?" I.M asked, laying down & staring at the ceiling of the top bunk. Wonho shifted on his bunk & looked down, taking out one of his ear buds connected to his music player.
"Were you saying something?"
"Yeah. I said are you still affected by all of this stuff going on?"
"What stuff? You mean the fact that we told them? No. Lately I've just been doing what I'm supposed to."
"Well that & also everything with Jooheon.."
Another minute passed, & Wonho finally answered "No."
"So can I move back into my room with him?"
"No."
"Hyung!" He climbed on the top of the bunk & sat criss cross applesauce in front of him. "You promised!"
"What, do you miss him or something?" Wonho raised an eyebrow, pressing his lips into a tight line.
"No but-"
"I'm the only one without a roommate, & you're my boyfriend. Doesn't it make more sense for you to just stay with me?"
I.M couldn't argue with that. He did have a point.
"Yeah? But-"
"Great, so you'll move in the rest of your stuff tomorrow then?"
I.M hung his head. "Jooheon will be upset.."
Wonho laughed now. "Do you think I care? That guy has had it out for me since the beginning. What do I owe him? Not a single thing. What's more important, Changkyun? Think about it."
"Okay okay I'll stay here," I.M finally gave in.
"Well don't seem so excited! Do I snore or something? Is that it? Is that why you're in such a hurry to get back to him?"
"No, but you do toss & turn a lot, & that makes the bed creak a bit." I.M admitted nervously, drawing circles with his fingers on top of the tattoo on Wonho's foot.
Wonho nodded in understanding. "& let me guess, Jooheon sleeps like an angel?"
"Something like that."
He kicked I.M in the leg with the same foot he was drawing circles on.
"Ow! Hyung, why did you-" he stopped to notice Wonho looking down into his lap sullenly.
"Sorry I keep bothering you so much.."
"Hyung.." His deep voice rang in Wonho's ears, snapping his head back up instantly.
"You don't bother me. I'll stay here forever if you want me to. Besides, I'm pretty sure I'm the one who snores."
"No," he mumbled. "You sleep perfectly & don't make a sound while doing it."
"I don't believe you." I.M caressed his cheek, moving his hand down lower to run a finger over his smooth, pink lips. Involuntarily, Wonho grabbed his wrist with both of his hands & moved it down to his chest, & then to his abs.
"I think tonight is the night," Wonho spoke in a cool, seductive voice, sending I.M into a panic.
"No no no no no," he said in english, as the older boy ignored him & started getting him undressed.
"Move your hands up above your head."
I.M sat still disobediently, & Wonho shook his head impatiently. Still holding his wrists with one hand, he took off I.M's shirt in one fluid movement with the other. They both sat there now, shirtless.
"I forget how strong you are.." I.M said in a low voice.
"Yeah? I can do a lot more. I mean, if you want me to.."
"Do I even have a choice?"
Wonho smirked & leaned in to kiss I.M aggressively, as they sank lower on the bed.


The room echoed with loud stomps & sneakers colliding on the floor, all made by Kihyun, jumping up & down excitedly.
"That was our first time doing the dance without any mistakes!!"
"How does he still have the energy to be jumping like that?" Minhyuk wondered, out of breath. I.M just shrugged.
He stopped jumping, but lost his balance a little bit & wobbled over. Shownu was by his side quickly to
grab onto his waist, holding him still. Still smiling, he looked up at Shownu & then looked at them all.
"You guys! Aren't you excited? No more of Wonho bumping into Minhyuk!"
"Hey!" Wonho called. "He's directly behind me during our lines, & my part requires me to take 3 steps backward! It was bound to happen!"
"Well take smaller steps then." He was still grinning, taking in several breaths of air, panting like the rest of them. "Should we run it again?"
"No!" They all screamed in unison, & Kihyun pouted.
"Fine. Let's take a break." Still on a high, Kihyun followed everyone's lead as they sat down on the floor.
"Oh!" Kihyun lit up. "That reminds me! Wonho!" He turned to Wonho just then, as Wonho stopped playing with a piece of his hair to look at Kihyun.
"Yes?"
"Shownu & I were talking yesterday, & we think it would be cool if you & him had sleeveless shirts again."
Wonho mouthed the word 'Ah', glancing at Shownu now.
"& I have another idea." Kihyun stood in front of the blond, motioning for him to stand up with him. He made a face, wondering what this was about, as the shorter boy grabbed onto his arms & turned him around.
"The back part of the shirt could be cut open, like this-" he drew an outline with his finger on Wonho's back "-& then it could come out like that. I think when we're doing the back dance, it'll look cooler & give the audience something extra to look at."
"Done?" Wonho wondered.
"Yes," he replied, curious as to how he would take the idea. Wonho turned back around & pretended to think about it.
"Shownu hyung, what do you think?"
Shownu said nothing, giving a thumbs up to both of them.
"Okay!" Kihyun grinned, doing a tiny jump. "We all seem to be in agreement here."
"I'm agreeing to it, but only if you get a shirt like that too." Wonho gave a saucy look to Kihyun, & Kihyun's good mood suddenly disappeared, wiggling his nose in disgust.
"Why would I get one?"
"The fans wanna see you too, y'know? Or maybe it's just.. me..."
Kihyun pressed his fists into his cheeks to stop himself from blushing, & quickly sat behind Shownu to prevent being seen.
"I.M, are you ok with this?" Shownu asked, looking straight at the maknae. That caught I.M off guard, but he knew exactly what he was referring to. He decided to answer carefully.
"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?"
Now Shownu was caught off guard, & I.M immediately realized his mistake. Apparently he wasn't being that careful.
Interestingly enough, Hyungwon filled in the blanks.
"This all makes sense now.." He mumbled, & Minhyuk looked back at him in astonishment.
"Seriously?" he cried. "Why am I the only one who still doesn't get it?"
"Because it's you," Jooheon answered, remembering this exact conversation from a couple days ago.
Ignoring him, Minhyuk went on to complain. "You all had better fill me in! It's not like us to keep secrets from each other!"
Kihyun slanted his mouth nervously, & Shownu moved so that they were sitting side by side now. Looking at him, Kihyun could see that he was nervous too. He was waiting for him to speak, but should have known that he wasn't going to, as usual.
"We're dating," he began, speaking up for the two of them.
Jooheon broke into a full on smile, having suspicions about it the whole time, but excited when they finally admitted it. Hyungwon started clapping, & Minhyuk's mouth fell to the floor. Wonho's nostrils flared a bit, looking like he had just seen a ghost. I.M was calm since he had already known, but took a look around to see the others' faces. He did a double take when his eyes finally landed on his boyfriend's. Kihyun & Shownu were too busy to notice, as Shownu leaned down to give him a kiss on the cheek. The shorter boy grinned from ear to ear out of pure happiness. It was one less thing to worry about. But with one less thing, two new problems arose.
I.M went over to Wonho & Wonho's face immediately changed into a calm expression.
"Hyung.."
"I'm fine," he reassured, in a whispery voice.
"You don't look fine. Tell me why."
Wonho shook his head, dismissing his boyfriend's worries.
Jooheon broke into everyone's thoughts just then, speaking up.
"So are we supposed to ignore you guys too, then?"
"If it helps. But we're not the ones you have a problem with, are we?" Kihyun grinned brazenly, & Shownu hit him lightly on the hand.
"Stop it."
Kihyun glared at Shownu
"Why should I? Don't you think it's weird that without any explanation, he's always hating on I.M & Wonho being together? Aren't you curious about it even a little bit?"
"He's been good about not bothering them anymore. Leave him be."
Kihyun smacked his teeth. He knew he was right. But he still couldn't help but wonder.

& then he remembered something.