The Encounter

Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SHIN HYE'S POV

Transferring to Seoul turned out pretty well as I expected.  I made friends with three of my neighbors, well one actually because the other two seemed to ignore me at school, but I’m going to change that. I’ll make them like me specially… Joong Ki, he reminds me of my baby brother Bo Gumie who's still in Busan, he doesn't want to transfer to  Seoul because that would mean he will be separated to our grandparents whom we love so much, Bo Gumie is having a separation anxiety since our grandparents literally raised us while our parents were so busy with the family's  business. Now that our business is expanding and stabilizing our parents decided that it is time for us to live with them .

 

I miss my friends in Busan though So Hyun and Geun Suk cried when I told them I'm moving. We were classmates since kindergarten up to fourth grade, now we are on our fifth grade, it will be the first time that we will be separated from each other. good thing I found a friend in our neighborhood.I’m extremely grateful to Il Woo for being nice to me and for introducing me to his best friends Min Ho and Joong Ki. I think they’re really close, judging to the hurt look of MIn Ho when Il Woo invited me to join them in their table. Obviously he doesn’t want me to invade his closely knitted group. He left before Il Woo could stop him and Joong Ki followed suit. Leaving Il Woo bewildered, seriously this guy needs a lecture about human nature as he was clueless of his friends’ behavior.

 

When the bell rang we headed to our classroom. The angel of luck must be on my side because our sem gave us a paired project. He announced the pairing and he paired me with Joong Ki. It's time for me to expand my ties with their brotherhood, judging with Joong Ki's personality it will be easy for me to befriend him than Min Ho. Min Ho...hmmm is a tough cookie alright but I won't give up, for now I'll focus on Joong Ki.

 

“Joong Ki, shall we go to the library later so that we could work on our project?” I asked almost in a whisper. 

 

“Ah…mianhe Shin Hye I have to accompany Min Ho later” he did not sound sorry at all which aggravated me.

 

“You’re not planning to make me do this project alone don’t you?” his excuse infuriated me. I glared at him, he looked alarmed. Now I’ve done it, all my well rehearsed grace just to let him think I’m all girly was forgotten. Why do I have to be paired with this impossible person? All my presumptions about him are all wrong....grrrr.

 

I let our sem's lecture distract me. I need to calm down to think properly. I was now considering switching partners with Min Ho he’s paired with Il Woo but I don’t want to spoil his bright mood. He's jealous because his close friend is spending time with me and he felt threatened, he shouldn’t be though, I know Il Woo was just nice to me because I’m new and he thinks I’m clueless so he just wanted to help.

 

----------------------------

 

I headed to the library as soon as I heard the bell. I needed to start with the project even though that midget won’t help. I piled the books on the table and started researching. Then I heard a familiar voice.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter