Yearning

The Other Side

Only three months have passed since Youngjae and Daehyun made peace with each other. They have been talking practically everyday. Their new friendship has been growing. To the point that Youngjae was actually looking forward to talking to Daehyun, even after his long shifts at the bar. He liked Daehyun and thought that if he was still alive they would've been great friends. The boy was embarrassed to admit it, but he thinks of Daehyun as his best friend. Even thought he was a ghost, Youngjae didn't really cared. It wasn't like if anybody really knew about Daehyun. Only Yongguk and Zelo, but they are cool with the spirit.

Speaking of his friends. Youngjae had to tell Zelo about the board. He took it pretty well. "I knew something weird was happening, but I only thought it was just my imagination." The giant boy was fascinated with ghost, so knowing that a ghost broke in his house to get his ouija board. Taking his stuff was a big 'no no', but if a ghost took it, it was awesome. It was like a free ticket out of jail. Nothing could've made the boy any happier than ghost.

"If a ghost liked you, would you be with it?" Youngjae had to ask, the youngest's obsession had gotten out of hand. Zelo nodded several times. "You would be in a relationship with a ghost?" The boy nodded again and even added a hell yeah face.

"Speaking of relationship with ghost, how's it going with your boyfriend ." Unlike the other times that Zelo made that joke, Youngjae didn't feel disgusted. It started to stop feeling that way for a while. Youngjae felt kinda warm. Just thinking about being with Daehyun. For once Youngjae didn't deny it. He still wasn't sure about the whole boyfriend situation, but it had a good ring to the boy. "Yo! Youngjae! Stop thinking about him!" Youngjae snapped out of his own mind and realized what the youngest just said. The boy could feel his boy getting hotter by the second.

"I wasn't..." Lied Youngjae as he turned around and made his way to the dinning area. A surge of guilt made its way unto his chest. He ignored it and continued his shift. Was it weird that he felt that way? Being in a romantic relationship with Daehyun never crossed his mind. For the moment, a friendship between them made Youngjae feel at ease. A intimate relationship with a ghost didn't sound so healthy or relatively close to normal.

During his late shift at night, Yongguk knew something was wrong with Youngjae. "Did something happen between you and Daehyun ?" The boy wasn't feeling up to replying. "Did he touch you again?"

Youngjae's eyes opened wide and a lot of 'no's came out of his mouth. "Nothing like that happened. Its not really about him. Or it is.. I'm not sure." Yongguk looked at the younger male and put his arm over his shoulder for reassurance.

"You know I have a psychic friend that could help with any spirit problem. He could fix or guide you in your problems."
Youngjae wasn't sure if Yongguk was telling him get rid of Daehyun or he was genuinely trying to help him with the problem. The second opinion was what the boy hoped.

"Here is his card. He gave it to me, saying that I wasn't the one who needed it. Never understood that, but now I do." He handed the card to Youngjae. The latter took it with caution. It felt weird. He didn't have any problem with Daehyun. It was more of a conflict between himself. He looked at the card:

'Kim Himchan, spiritual adviser.
Call me in case of paranormal activity. I'll help.'

What bull is this? Youngjae never really trusted those psychic. Just think about it. Seeing the future and talking to ghost didn't make sense to him. But Youngjae didn't believe in ghosts at first either and look where it got him.
He sighed and put the card in his pocket. "Thanks, Yongguk."

"But listen Youngjae, if he touches you like last time you tell me." The boy nodded and gave him a reassuring smile.

X

'Yeah, but they are too loud. How can you sleep with them?' Daehyun asked Youngjae.

"Thunderstorms aren't that bad. They're rarely close to here. Last time that it happened was probably 4 years ago, so I doubt it might happen anytime soon." Youngjae tried to reassure the ghost. Recently, the boy found out that the spirit living in his apartment was scared of thunder and lightning. He's been hating on storms for years.

'I don't understand how you're able to keep calm. It just sounds like death.' Daehyun didn't like them at all. Each time just a bit of thunder was heard, the spirit would shake up the apartment. Youngjae figured out that talking to him was the best solution, to make him stop. The boy would've wanted to properly comfort the ghost, because even though Youngjae was talking to him. The spirit was still very unstable. Each time he saw lightning, something would fall or shake. He really needed to take the storm out of Daehyun's head.

"Have I ever told you that I went to summer camp when I was 12?" The spirit pointed towards the 'no'. "Alright, so my mom forced me to go to this really messed up camp. She thought I needed friends. I hated being there. I was bullied by a kid. Honestly I don't remember his name, but he was so mean with like every kid. And one day I got fed up with him and decided to scare him. I even got other people join in. So we had the idea to play 'bloody mary' to scare him. We asked him if he wanted to join and he said that he wasn't a '' so he came. We went to the bathroom and I faked chickening out. While they were chanting the name, I was waiting outside with white sheets covering me and a black pants on my head for hair. The moment the lights turned off my friends and I switched positions and they opened the lights. Let me tell you, he never bothered us again."

'Whoa, he was that scared??' Youngjae knew that the ghost stopped thinking about the thunder. Because as the boy told his story lighting about 3 times nothing happened to the apartment.

"Yeah, he was." Youngjae smile at the board.

X

It was lunch break at the dinner for both waiters.

"So are you going to call the psychic?" Youngjae flipped the card around, looking at it intensely. Its been 6 days since Yongguk gave him the card. He didn't want Daehyun to go.

"Why should I call the psychic? I don't want to get rid of him. Daehyun isn't a bad person or ghost. He's my friend and I like talking to him." Zelo couldn't believe his ears.

"You know I've been joking about the whole boyfriend thing. But lately I actually think you like him... The way you just talk about him. I'm not joking when I'm saying this,but I think you're falling for Daehyun." Youngjae was shocked. Impossible. It wasn't love the boy tried to convince himself. If it was true, then it would be bad. Really bad. Even if Daehyun returned his feelings... He was dead. It would never work. Youngjae felt his heart sink a little just thinking about it. But what would've happened if he was still alive..? The boy was confused. What if Daehyun didn't like me that way either?

X

Youngjae felt pretty down the rest of the evening. Instead of going right away to the bar. He went home. He kinda needed to talk to Daehyun.

"So wait, you snuck out of your house, just so you could go see one of your favourite bands?! Just like that? No way." Daehyun made him forget about his problems just by telling him stories.

'Yes way, I spent the whole night there. It was unforgettable.'

"That's insane, I could never do that." Youngjae was afraid to do anything remotely close to badass or hardcore like Daehyun.

'Why not?' Daehyun didn't get it though.

"My mom would beat the crap out of me, she's a monster." Youngjae kinda felt embarrassed. Saying that you're scared of your own mother at the age of 22 is strange.

'But it would be worth it. Just think about it. If your favourite singer was in your town. Wouldn't you try see them? Just think about how that would be your only chance to ever meet them.' Daehyun did have a point. But still Youngjae couldn't.

"But you don't know my mom. When I tell you she's a monster, she is. She would know I snuck out and somehow know where I was and drag me home. Later she would give me the beating of a life time. And I know that, because she was apart of the wrestling team in high school." Both of them started laughing just thinking about how Youngjae's mom could wreck him.

Youngjae's phone rang and announced that his shift was about to start. He sighed, closed the bell and put it back in his pocket. "I gotta go to work at the bar, but we'll talk again soon." Before he did the usual circles around the board and said his goodbye. Daehyun was trying to tell him something.

'Wait. Before you go, close your eyes.' Youngjae did as Daehyun asked. Close my eyes for what?

Youngjae wasn't left wondering for long, because just a few seconds later he felt something against his lips. Hold up, Daehyun??? Even though Youngjae wanted to see what was going on. He had a feeling it was better to have them stay closed. And honestly he wasn't mad or curious. Youngjae just wanted to enjoy the feeling of Daehyun's lips. It gave him a warm feeling in his stomach.

The kiss itself was pure. It was innocent. It wasn't harsh, it wasn't forced. It wasn't sloppy, it was clean and soft. It was as if it was just a peck on a baby's forehead trying not to make it wake up. It wasn't passionate, it was like a taste test. Just to make sure they both wanted it.

So when Youngjae felt Daehyun slowly moving away from the touch, he felt a push from his body. And his mind screaming, 'oh hell no, this isn't over!' He finally kissed back. It got Daehyun by surprise, but he got over it and went back to kissing Youngjae.

Youngjae suddenly felt Daehyun's hands on his cheeks. Just like the last time. But this time it wasn't too wipe away the boy's tears. It was to deepen their kiss. It wasn't as innocent as a few seconds ago. This was as more passionate. It was like it was telling desire. The more they kissed the more Youngjae realize that it wasn't just a kiss to test their feelings. It was a kiss both of them were yearning for.

As he gasped for air, he could feel Daehyun smile and rub his thumbs on his cheeks. He couldn't stand it anymore. He took one hand off the white pointer, making sure that he still had one of it. To his surprise, Youngjae was physically touching Daehyun. His hand traveled on his chest and made his way up to the neck. Daehyun gave him a couple pecks on the side of his lips. Youngjae thought about it for a quick second.

"Screw the pointer." He took his other hand off the white object and threw his arms around Daehyun's neck. There was barely any space between the two bodies. Youngjae could feel the ghost smile while kissing him. The kiss was now passionate. It made the boy's stomach flip over, but this time in a good way. He was happy.

Suddenly Youngjae fell backwards. They ended up with no space at all. Their bodies were fully touching. The boy couldn't help but feel excited. Their kiss was now hot with a mix of lust. They wanted each other so badly. Daehyun was pressing his body against Youngjae's which made him softly moan. The ghost was please with the reaction and continued. Youngjae's mind was in a haze. Daehyun was making him go crazy. And it was probably the same for the ghost.

Daehyun moved towards Youngjae's neck and started leaving trails of kisses. The boy couldn't stop and started to mewl Daehyun's name. The spirit made his way to Youngjae's ear and stopped kissing him.

'Good Luck at work, Youngjae' Daehyun kissed Youngjae's lips gently one last time before he felt everything just vanish. He didn't feel Daehyun's hands nor his body weight.

Youngjae opened his eyes, rose petals were on his body, on his mouth even on the floor. The boy laid on the floor. He couldn't think clearly.

What just happened?


 

HELLOOO IM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UNDATED!! School started and it just drained the life out of me. Hope you'll forgive me! 

Anyways in this chapter I thought I was just gonna do a cute kiss scene,but this happened. I hope you'll like it :)) 

thank you for reading and waiting. Im sorry about the mistakes. Feel free to tell me what you think about it so far. (のvの)ノシ