(5)

Help Me Stand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Team 

 

First of , I wanna say sorry so so much that i delayed this update , and procrastinated many times bc COLLEGE UGH T.T

Therefore I'll try to update as much as possible , and here's the chap that literally took me a week to write( usually i will finish in a day but you know im such a procrastinating bej )

 

 

Enjoy !  ( pardon for any grammatical error or typos ) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanwoo woke up earlier than anyone else , eyes staring blankly at the dark space  above him .  It was 5.47 a.m , squinted eyes from the light of his phone illuminating the dim room . He heaves softly , knowing that it was their day off . Thankfully YG was considerate enough to give them a day to rest , a day to process the news of grouping he announced two days ago . The memories of the horror was still fresh inside the younger's head , and most probably everyone too . 

The lower bunk bed creaked slowly as he tried his best not to wake the sleeping Jinhyeong above him . He opened the door before hearing the covers flipping over behind him .

“Where you going , Chanwoo ?” The sleepiness was still on the older's voice .

Gently rubbing his eyes as he stares the maknae , Chanwoo replied , “Just a walk at the park hyung , you can go back to sleep” . Jinhyeong hummed in response before he wrapped himself back with the comfort of his blankets , Chanwoo slowly closing the door . 

No one was in the kitchen , which Chanwoo was thankful because he probably couldn't handle a single soul throwing questions at him on where he was going . There were two mattresses though in the living room , Yuhyeong and Hongseok's but they were probably sleeping inside Donghyuk and Jinhwan's room . He dragged himself towards the toilet and rinsed some water on his face before brushing his teeth . He noticed the dark circles on his eyes which weren't there before . Who are you ? , his inner self whispered in his head . Chanwoo shook his head . It was too soon to lose his sanity early in the morning. 

Outside , their shoes were arranged accordingly to their rightful owner except for Bobby whom had his Jordan's on top of Chanwoo's sneakers . He sighed before rubbing the dirt off and closed the gate . Again the lift was deserted which made him doubt about the place , shivers running down his spine . 

It was breaking dawn but the streets were already packed with busy people and cars passing by . Chanwoo shoved his hands inside the pockets of his hoodie as he walked down the lane to the park . The fresh air greeted him as he took a deep breath , taking in the smell of trees , the lake and dews still pooling on the leaves and grass . The boy took a seat on the bench facing the lake . It was definitely a nice view , one who would recommend coming here everyday . It was 6.30 and the sun was just starting to rise from the mountains , warming the cold atmosphere .

All the while he needed some space from his hyungs and all the events happening right now . He could feel the pressure piling on his chest , day by day , practice after practice , and improvising from mistakes . Those days are yet to come but he can vividly picture some unwanted scenes . “What am I doing ?” He asked himself , leaning forward as he pressed his elbows on his thighs . He felt the slight warmth on his neck as the sun finally rose from its slumber , casting shimmering rays of light . He thought about his friends , what and how were they doing at the moment . Then he remembered about his aunt . His sweet loving and carefree aunt who never lets his hopes down . She was always there to cheer him up , even by means of spoiling him with foods . But he is grateful , internally and forever will be . Chanwoo had a thought and looked at his phone to check the time . “It's a day off anyway” . 

 

* * * * * 

  

“Hello ?” The tall boy called out as soon as he unlocked the front door . Good thing his aunt gave him some spare keys just in case he wanted to get something from home . Silence engulfed the space around him . “Aunt Yun ? You here ? It's Chanwoo” he tried calling out again but still no answers . He was getting worried  before he saw her aunt's favourite shoes were missing . She must've gone out , Chanwoo thought . 

He suddenly felt lonely and sad , longing for the smell of atmosphere in his house . Back at YG's everything was so tensed that he even had trouble breathing properly . How does his hyungs even survive there ? 

Chanwoo opened the door to his room , checking all his stuff as where they were 8 years ago . Then he saw his Totoro plushie toy beside his bed , and prize possession from his Dad . He doesn't know how old he was , but he clearly remembered running outside the house , hugging the little Totoro tightly under his embrace . He remembered having soft and medium burns on his arms , and blisters on his leg . Then he remembered their voices . 

Go and don't come back inside ! Chanwoo ! 

Chanwoo shook his head , enraged to have those memories carved inside his brain . Why he couldn't just let them go ? 

It took a moment before he felt the tingling vibration on his pocket . He took his phone out and saw Jinhyeong's name popping up , the only member that he exchanged numbers with .  

“Hello , Jinhyeong -hyung ?” 

“Where have you been ? Everyone's been worried and Hanbin-hyung is angry”

The thought about everyone , including Hanbin himself having to worry about a talentless kid like him was almost laughable . 

“Came home to pick something up” Chanwoo said , half true and also half lying but he did wanted to take his plushie with him . He heard someone yelling at the background and immediately reassured Jinhyeong that he will be there in 10 minutes . He ended call , took his Totoro with him and left the house before jogging back to the apartment . Once there he was greeted by a glaring Hanbin by the sofa . Chanwoo swallowed down and bowed as he apologised . “And where have you been ?” The leader growled but then Jinhwan tried to tone him down , sitting beside Hanbin and rubbing his neck . “I came to take something that I forgot” The maknae answered , his will breaking as Hanbin stared him down .

Before the leader could spit another fiery sentence , Bobby pulled Chanwoo by the hands . “Yah , enough with this alright ? We need to discuss about our team performance” The rapper said as he covered Chanwoo's body with his big frame , though Chanwoo was still taller than him . “Fine” Hanbin said coldly before brushing Jinhwan off and went to his room . The oldest just sighed as he shift his gaze towards Chanwoo . “Go take a shower first okay ? We'll explain later” He said and the boy only nodded . Bobby ruffled his hair before he went inside his shared room with Hanbin . 

The cold shower was refreshing enough to ease Chanwoo's anxiety abit from what Jinhwan said before . After changing into his casual attire , he followed Jinhyeong from behind after the latter told that all of them would meet up at the studio . Everyone else had already left the house so it was only the two of them . Luckily , YG building was only a 10 minute walk from their apartment . 

“Hyung , did anything happened while I was away ?” Chanwoo suddenly asked , shifting his movements to catch Jinhyeong ahead . 

“Well Hanbin got mad because you weren't inside the house when he wanted to announce something” 

Chanwoo felt a bit remorse . He should've told someone at least back then . 

“Other than that , I don't think anything else happened besides walking to the studio under this scorching hot sun” 

The maknae only nodded , but deep down he's waiting for the moment to burst . There's not a single thing that he did which was enough to make his hyungs happy but rather the opposite of it . Chanwoo bite down his lower lips , teeth gritting as he tries to hide his inner pessimism from Jinhyeong . The older was too busy saying things under his breath to notice Chanwoo breaking his own walls . 

Moments later , after successfully getting their way up to the upper floor of YG building , the two entered the studio and all faces inside were staring at them . 

“About goddamn time” Hanbin greeted , running his fingers through his hair . Jinhwan , who sat beside Hanbin on the sofa then stood up before he took Jinhyeong by the wrist . “Group practice” was all the eldest said , disappearing behind the door with Jinhyeong and Yunhyeong tailing him.  

Everyone stood up from their seats and shuffled to their feet towards their own designated group . It took seconds before Bobby , Junhoe and Chanwoo were the only ones left inside the studio . The uneasy feeling crept up from Chanwoo's stomach , a feeling he hates the most because now Junhoe was staring at him with judgmental eyes . He hates being with Junhoe , and he hates that he ; the person who Chanwoo le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter