(3)

Help Me Stand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NO WHERE NEAR

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wait so you're telling that the audition you went was just the first step ?" Yugyeom sip his carbonated drink . 

"Yeah . I guess that's what the staff told me" 

Chanwoo wasn't sure about spreading the news yet , but letting some parts out of his mind was enough to ease the weight on his chest . 

"I thought they only needed three new members to complete the group ? And now you're going to compete again for a new group ?" Moonbin scratches the end of his chin and grimaced at the thought of being an idol . What it really feels like .  "That's what they said . But they were called Team B and now YG wanted us to compete again for another spot in his new boy group" Chanwoo shook his head as if he was having a major headache . With the noises of students inside the cafeteria , he was going no where from peace . 

"Dude , if you think you can't do it , back off while you still can . Just hearing you say about those guys in Team B already showed the kind of jerks they are" Moonbin said and Chanwoo knew better than to believe his friend . But he's will to become an idol , and also to help his aunt is his number one dream . Right now all he can hope for is the best for himself . "I won't . I don't want to give up that easily" Yugyeom shared a concern look with Moonbin before Chanwoo stood up from their table . "I'm going for my practice in an hour . Bye guys" The boy slung his bag over his shoulder before walking away . 

"YG is a total nut head for making that competition" Yugyeom spat out . 

"Definitely . Just hope Chanwoo can survive from the others" Moonbin suddenly coughed and drank his milk . 

"You okay ?" Yugyeom looked towards the boy beside him . "Yeah , I'm fine" . 

 

 

* * * * * 

 

    

The door bell rang as the cashier greeted him , "Welcome !" Chanwoo gave a warm smile before heading to the back to get himself some snacks and drinks . As far as he knows , practising would consume a lot of his energy and can leave an empty stomach . He grabbed himself some energy drinks and two bags of potato chips , and even some chewing gums just to be safe . He was about to head to the cash register when a familiar face popped out from another aisle and went to the cashier . 

Chanwoo was centimetres away from him but the boy havent noticed him yet . He took the chance to approach him , why ? Well because he'll be seeing those bunny looking teeths for a long 10 goddamn weeks . Chanwoo stood beside until he finished paying and finally took notice of his presence . 

"Yo ! Aren't you the kid that came to the studio yesterday ?" The guy asked , feeling much enlightened than when Chanwoo first met him . 

"U-um...yeah . And it's Chanwoo by the way , if you have forgotten" Well he was lowkey sure that the older had totally forgotten about him . But he mustn't take that in too seriously , it was just yesterday and they were all tired . No one can remember a person in that kinda of state anyway . "Oh yeah , Chanwoo ! Where you heading ?" The guy rumbled his things in his plastic bag before pulling out a soda . "To practice . YG told me that I would start by today" He replied while piling his stuffs on the counter . "Then let's go together" He said while smiling and Chanwoo only nodded . After paying , the two of them walked side by side towards YG's building . 

"Um....hyung , right ?"  Chanwoo broke the deafening silence . Though he knew the guy was older than him because he just wanted to start some conversation while on their way . 

"Hm ? You mustn't forgotten ? You can call me Bobby by the way but hyung is enough I guess ?" The older smiled warmly .

"I-I just wanted to be sure . That's all" He stammered nervously . Bobby laughed , making Chanwoo dazed by his action all of the sudden . "Don't worry Chanwoo-yah , I wont bite you . In fact I like you better as the maknae" He slung his arm around Chanwoo's shoulder and the boy almost reject the offering but finally ease at the contact . "Unlike Junhoe who doesn't even want to talk to me . That maknae can be cold sometimes . He only likes Jinhwan-hyung , and of course everyone likes him" Bobby sighed and clicked his tongue . Chanwoo remembered who Junhoe was and hearing from how the older describe their relationship together already made his stomach twist . He's probably the last guy Chanwoo wants to mess with . 

"Say hyung , how long have you guys been together ? As a team ?" Chanwoo asked and momentarily he could see Bobby looking a bit too far from the question , some hint of sadness in his eyes . "Longer than you should know maknae" He chuckled at the thought . "We lost to Winner , our sunbaes and YG promised to debut us again . But we never knew it was another competition . That is until you three came to join in" The older continued . Chanwoo suddenly felt bad , almost about everything that they've been thorugh and now here he was suddenly butting in without any proper training while the others had much more experiences . He did felt like a freeloader . One who's suddenly appearing while others had to wait for years to train and finally shine . 

"Now I get it why Junhoe called me a freeloader" Chanwoo looked down on the pavements . His grip tighten on the plastic bag . "Hey , you shouldn't hear what Junhoe has to say okay ? He's just being a diva sometimes and there's no prediction to what might come out of his mouth next . He's like that and you just have to bear with it" Bobby comforted him and caressing his hair just like how his aunt does . Chanwoo felt the slight tint of redness on his cheek . He doesn't know why but Bobby somehow can make him feel protected for some reason , like how a big brother would protect and care for his younger . Chanwoo hoped that all of his hyungs can make him feel like that . Atleast show that they care about him rather than making him feel outcasted just because he joined the very last minute . He looked at Bobby and smiled , "Okay hyung" . Bobby nodded before he playfully pulled his ears . "Good , now let's hurry up to practice before Hanbin gets cranky again" He said before both of them laughed .

 

 

 

    * * * * *  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter