Final

The Difference Between Us

The Difference Between Us

~♥♥~

Luhan stands on the tips of his toes and stretches and then stretches some more.

God, this is annoying

Why the did this dumb cupboard have to be so ing high anyway? Or better yet, why did that idiot have to be so dumb as to always put the pasta sauce on the highest shelve of the cabinet when he knows that Luhan can never reach that high.

He does it on purpose Luhan thinks.

Luhan pouts when he finally returns to his feet, his toes hurting from taking his weight and his arms hurt from the stretch too and still no pasta sauce.

He is so mad he briefly contemplates just discarding the spaghetti that he has already prepared and just going to the living room and kicking Yifan off the couch and watching his football match. He is very much just to ignore this entire thing, but he can’t.

He is hungry and he already did so much for the dumb pasta to be made and then he has to just throw it out and that doesn’t sit right in his mind either, especially since he really does feel like eating spaghetti.

He could of course just get into a temper and go out for dinner, but he is already in his shorts, the threadbare one that he wore to dance practice years ago that Yifan always laughs at him for wearing even now.

He is not going to change now for sure and well, he is nearly finished anyway.

He contemplates it for just a minute before he yells his husband’s name.

“Wufan!” he says as he leans against the kitchen counter, tapping his feet against the filed floor in annoyance.

This is bothersome.

 “Wufan” he says again, his always none existent patience wearing super thin already.

“What?” comes the muffled response from the living/media room, Yifan’s mouth likely stuffed with something or the other, watching a basketball match on their ridiculously large television.

“Come a minute” Luhan calls back, deciding that he has wasted enough time waiting for his husband, stepping over to the cutting board to dice some tomatoes and parsley that he wanted to add to the sauce.

“Now?” Yifan calls back, voice clearer this time, but distracted.

“Yes now” Luhan yells back, his patience tugging at the loose thread already, taking a few calming breathes as he continues to dice his tomatoes.

This waiting thing is not really something he is good at.

“Just give me a minute” Yifan responds and then yelps.

This is followed by a series of curses, likely at a player for a probable botched move, Luhan biting back the desire to unleash a few of those same curse words in his husband’s direction, especially now that the tomatoes are finished and he is yet to see his husband anywhere near the kitchen.

When he finishes chopping the mushrooms he drops the knife and calls once more.

“Are you coming or not?” Luhan questioned, his displeasure making itself apparent but falling on deaf ears momentarily.

He gets no response this time.

He definitely bites back a few choice words this time, washing his hands before he gets back to the counter, back onto his tippy toes, trying to reach the can of Hunts’ pasta sauce that teases him just at the edge of the top shelve that he can’t reach.

He stretches as much as he can, his fingertips just at the edge of it.

Its mocking him isn’t it?

He is just about to give up and go into the living room and throw something very hard at his husband’s head before he is suddenly crowded, a heavy lean muscled body pressed against his and scowls.

“Need some help there little one?” Yifan hums in his ear, pressing his large body against his husband’s stretched limbs, caging him against the counter and his body, thoroughly enjoying his position.

“No” Luhan bites out, his face already contouring in anger at his husband smug presence.

“Oh really?” Yifan questions, pressing himself entirely against Luhan, making Luhan’s stomach rub uncomfortably against his granite edge of the countertop, but before he can complain a hand wraps itself around his waist and he is dragged towards his husband’s body.

By then he gives up on the whole can- reaching thing, allowing himself to step back onto the floor fully, his toes grateful for the release of pressure on it, still annoyed at his oaf for a husband that is laughing softly behind him.

“Yes” Luhan wants to be stubborn badly, refusing to acknowledge that he did in fact need help.

“That’s too bad then” Yifan says just as he plants a cheeky kiss to Luhan’s cheek and then he pulls away.

And then makes to leave the kitchen.

“Are you ing kidding me?” Luhan hisses at him as he grabs at his arm, Yifan faking a confused look, making Luhan want to hit him.

Fine.

Be that way.

“Just get the ing can before I stab you with the knife” Luhan directs with a scowl, annoyed beyond measure.

This happens every ing time.

Yifan laughs once more and Luhan continues to tug at his arm, which turns out to be a mistake when Yifan crowds him once more, pushing him back against the countertop, this time his back against the space, a face full of his husband’s broad muscled chest and collarbones, Yifan making a show of reaching for the can, finally grabbing it, exceedingly easily.

Luhan may have pouted.

Then he pushes Yifan away to scowl at him some more.

“You do that on purpose don’t you?” Luhan says as he pokes his finger into his husband’s chest, Yifan grinning at him like a cat and he wants to kick him in the shins, but last time that hurt his toe so he is resisting the urge to do it, just letting Yifan have his ing moment of triumph.

“You always put the stuff I use on the highest shelf you ” Luhan complains, noticing that to be a trend.

Even when Luhan is the one that goes shopping and puts the things he uses on the lower shelf, they always find themselves on the higher shelves. Unless the Hunt’s can has magically grown legs, Luhan does have a thought or two about who is doing such a childish thing.

“You get a kick out of it don’t you? You childish er” Luhan condemns with a shake of his head, not finding Yifan’s teasing to be cute at all. He knows Luhan can’t reach that ing shelf. Is it so much fun to make him struggle?

.

“I do actually” Yifan admits, stepping forward this time, pushing his weight against his husband, Luhan having no choice but to brace for the weight, which allowed Yifan to wrap his arms around him, leaning him back gently to the side of the cupboard, Luhan glaring at him.

“How else am I supposed to be your hero?” Yifan questions with a tilt of his head and Luhan is stumped.

For the life of him he can’t decide is his dumb husband is messing with him or if he genuinely means that. Yifan looks genuine though and Luhan wants to kiss him and then punch him or he could punch him first. That would work as well.

He doesn’t punch him though.

He leans forward and captures his lips in a sweet kiss, wrapping his arms around his shoulders and dragging him down to his level, melting into the passionate kiss, making his husband moan when he on his tongue.

By the time Luhan pulls away he is red and well kissed and entirely winded and it’s wonderful.

“You’re the most ridiculous person I have ever met in my life” Luhan hums with fondness, pulling at Yifan’s shirt collar to drag him back down to press a chaste kiss to his lips, his chest burning in affection and love and he loves this man so much he can die now.

“And you’re still an ” Luhan adds as an afterthought.

Yifan laughs loudly at that one.

“If you want to continue to do dumb things like that, at least have the decency to come when I call you” Luhan complains, just as he presses another kiss against his husband’s jaw, allowing himself to be caught in his arms, hands that run teasingly at his side.

“I did” Yifan protests as he titles his head back, Luhan pouting for a second when he is away from him before Yifan captures his lips in a kiss.

“Like a lifetime after” Luhan points out, this time being the one to slide his hands around his husband’s shoulders and holding him there at his height, pressing soft kisses to his face.

“I left my match for you” Yifan informs, finding it to be such a sacrifice.

“You’re truly heroic” Luhan sasses, even as Yifan kisses at his nose, Luhan’s hands already roam beneath his clothes, palming his abs.

“I think so to” Yifan agrees with a laugh before he pulls way.

“What-“ Luhan begins to question before he is lifted upwards by the thighs, making a shocked sound in the back of his throat, just before he is deposited on the countertop.

“Are you-“

Whatever he was going to say next however gets swallowed by firm lips and a probing tongue, hands that sit comfortably on milky white skin of Luhan’s thighs, thoroughly enjoying how much skin is free for it to roam.

Dinner forgotten entirely for now.

 

~♥♥~