Chapter 2

Tidal Waves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They arrive back at the village in the early evening. They order the taxi driver to stop at Eun Ji's friend's house to pick up her items before going back to Sehun's place.

After five minutes they see Eun Ji emerging from the door, struggling to lift her suitcase. The taxi driver unbuckles his seatbelt to go help her but is then stopped by Sehun. 

Sehun opens the car's door and takes the suitcase away from Eun Ji's hands. Eun Ji is flattered by the small gesture and so she thanks him. They get back on the car and go back to Sehun's house, which surprisingly isn't far.

When they arrive, Sehun is shocked by the taxi bill. He is about to reach for his wallet but he is stopped by the doctor.

"I'll take care of this," he says with a smile on his face, "After all you handled Eun Ji's hospital bill."

Sehun is thankful and so he invites the doctor inside for dinner but he ends up with refusal.

"Thanks but no thanks. I have to get back. I promised my wife I'd be there for dinner," he says.

Eun Ji bows and thanks him for everything. Then they wait until the young doctor dissappears in the sunset.

"Okay. Let's get inside," suggests Sehun.

Eun Ji nods and follows him. When they enter Eun Ji's head rotates in every single direction in order to get a glimpse of every single detail in his room. It is quite neat, although she thought it would be a messy place since Sehun is a guy.

They take off their shoes as they enter and then Sehun shows Eun Ji to her room. When they enter the small room, Eun Ji puts down her suit case and sits down, staring at the room.

The brown wooden walls are plain and have no paint or any form of wallpapers. There are two windows in the room which provide adequete amount of light inside which can be curtained by two blue curtains. 

"You can put your clothes or whatever in that small unit over there," says Sehun while pointing to a white storage unit.

"Since this is my house, I'll be making some rules," he starts, "I am letting you stay here for a while so you have to pay me a form of rent."

He tilts his head and scratches his hair while thinking.

"How about ₩5,000 a day. Of course I will have to feed you and stuff so you have to pay me. You have a job, right?" he asks.

Eun Ji nods and says, "I work at a fishing shop here."

"Then why were you on that boat that day of it wasn't for work?" he asks her slyly.

"My dad was a fisherman and I decided to go help him for a day. And then that happened," she replies in a muffled voice. She still won't get over the fact that her father is now gone and that she's alone now. 

Well maybe she might have Sehun now... but still.

Sehun nods and in order to not make the situation and more awkward he states, "Well, you're only staying here untill you're finding a place to stay at."

"Now that we're done woth that, I'll be going to make dinner because I'm hungry. I'll call you when it's done so I'll leave you to unpack," he says while heading out of the room, slinding the door shut behind him.

Eun Ji opens her suitcase and starts arranging her clothes in the small storage unit. she starts taking out shirt by shirt and putting them neatly folded inside. Luckily everything has fit. At the bottom of her suitcase is a picture of her family; her mother, father and her all together.

She places it on the unit and stares at until her eyes are dry enough that she needs to bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter