Ball Dance-Masked

Ticking Clock; Collection of Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 3 minutes -

{Ball Dance-Masked}

 

 

{A/N} Another re-editing, guys. The storyline was the same as before but the sentences had change her and there. To me, it had turned at least better than before. It had so many mistakes that I just had to change it. 15/6/14

 

 

 

 One girl gracefully walked toward the food section wore black dress up till her knees. With pink in colour ribbon tied nicely around her waist, she picked a piece of cake – strawberry short cake – one of her favourites. She looked around and noticed an empty spot by the end of corner. Perfect. She smiled as she then walked to the corner and sat on the empty chair, favouring her strawberry cake.

                Without she noticed, one man was watching her, every moment, every step, every action she did. The man was in fact attracted to her. Love in first sight would be the suitable phase to describe him. He after all, believed in fate more than anyone else.

He was standing the opposite side of her, leaned against the wall, ignoring the movements of other people pass by him. His eyes were set for her. It was amazingly weird though. He was attached to her, wasn’t because her face, but her presence. He then chuckled in his thought. Of course he couldn’t attract with her face, it was cover. The ball had a theme – masked ball.

                She was glad that the mask on her face wasn’t heavy or just perfectly designed for her to eat. As she ate, she watched as other people in the ball, dancing gracefully and talking happily to each other. The cake was long gone and she put it aside. She heard the change of music. Fast beat. She noticed the changed of behaviour of other people. Everyone started on dancing to the beat. Everyone started on laughing happily. Everyone started on clapping their hands. I want to dance too. It looked so fun, and she couldn’t help but to feel envied. She slightly shook her head, remembering how she didn’t have any partner to dance with. She didn’t even know most of the people here, and even she did, she couldn’t tell. Everyone was masked.

                She started to wonder. Why would she be in the ball in the first place? “Ah, mom ask me so.” She mumbled as she remembered how her mother persuaded her to go. Ball dance wasn’t her type but it was a masked ball. She didn’t mind it. Even so, she was starting to regret it. She didn’t feel happy or fun. She felt bored.

                The upbeat music made him felt anxious. He wanted to ask her for a dance but he was worried. What if he got rejected? His eyes glanced around and saw his other friends who busy dancing with their partners. He had to admit, he felt slightly jealous. As he watched his friends dancing, his body started to move to the beat. He chuckled at himself. He then looked back at the girl, noticed how she was alone and seemed... sad.

                She stood up and felt that she should walk around the ball or something. She thought that she had to do something. As she walked and looked around, smiling, she then stopped. In front of her, stood one man and he were staring at her. Even with mask on, she could tell he was staring at her.

                He stood right in front of her. He could smell the scent of elegant smell of perfume. He stared at her beautiful eyes that vividly shown.

                She looked into his eyes, not knowing why she even did it. As if the time stopped, she couldn’t feel the presence of other people. It was as if they were only two of them in the moment. Her eyes glanced down, noticed the tuxedo that he had been wearing, black in colour with perfectly had red lines in touch. She noticed how well-build his body was. It made his heart beat slightly faster.

                “Care for a dance?” He asked.

                She was hesitated at first. Dancing with a stranger wasn’t her style but she wanted to dance so badly. She nodded he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter