When I opened the door ...

Ticking Clock; Collection of Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- Extra 1 second -

{When I opened the door}

 

 

[A/N] This was my essay homework from high school. I'm just post it here to share with you guys. Haha... I know many wouldn't read it but I'll just post it.

 

 

When I opened the door, the house was completely dark which is weird because usually my best friend, Yuki would be home around that time.

"Maybe she went out," I mumble as I tried to find the switch and opened it.
 
     As I walked through the living room, I saw something. I adjusted my sight to see clearly from I stand and saw it were legs. I can feel my heart beats faster that it usually does as I walked towards the legs.

"Please don't tell me..." I said.

Yes, I was right. In the living room, I saw clearly a body, which is a girl's body and it was my best friend.

"Oh my, Yuki !" I shouted.

I quickly sat beside her to see her condition. Luckily, she was still breathing but it was in slow pace. Then, I quickly searched for my phone and called an ambulance. Twenty minutes past and the ambulance finally arrived. In the ambulance, I sat beside Yuki holding her hands tightly and praying for her. I looked at her. Her face was pale. It hurt me to see her like that, and it hurt me that she had to endure the pain by herself.

Half an hour past and we arrived at the hospital. Yuki was brought to the emergency treatment room. In a weary condition, I sat at the chair provided, waiting for her. The nurses ran in and out from the room doing their jobs. The strong smell of medicines made me felt like vomiting as I dislike medicines.  

I was in muse as I started to remember our relationship. My memory with her during our first met, how we become friends, and when we spend time together happily refresh in my head one by one. I miss those times. Without I notice my tears was streamingdown my cheeks.

"Miss, are you the patient’s family?" A voice snapped me from my muse.   

 It was the doctor. Quickly realise the situation, I answered the doctor and asked on Yuki'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter