simple love

Ticking Clock; Collection of Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 minutes

 

[Simple Love]

 

 

Min walked to the library to do her assignment and spend her time in there.

 

Splash!

 

Min’s hair, cloth and her bag were all wet as unknown water source splashed to her. She then looked around and saw them, the Queenkas. They were laughing and mocking her, she could see but she acted like she didn’t care. She was just too lazy to deal with them. It was getting tiring actually. She looked on her wet cloth, and smelled it. Good, it wasn’t smell that bad. She then sighed as she walked away, as if it was a daily retinue for her and she was just used to it.

 

“Are you sure, you want to just let them go?”

 

Min looked to her side, wondering who it was. She stopped her track and blinked her eyes, shocked. It was him, the one with many crushes – Bang Cheol Yong, known as Mir. What is he doing here?

 

The girl in front him didn’t say anything, Mir was slightly disappointed. “Um, what me to help you?” he offered a help. “You’re wet.”

 

Min shook her head although her mind was repeatedly asked her to say yes. “No, thank you.” She regretted it. Her brain and her heart was in conflict.

 

“Oh,” Mir turned speechless. No one really decline his offer of help. She was the first person. “Okay then.” He said, not knowing what else he should say and walked away.

 

Min watched as he walked away, felt disappointed with herself. “Why did I say no?” she mumbled softly and walked to dry herself.

 

 

“Aish!” Jimin shouted in annoyed. “You’re so annoying.” She said, mocking Min.

 

Min was surrounding by the group of Queenkas again. She didn’t know how she was in the kind of situation. It was too sudden. She was on her way to meet her teacher when suddenly she got dragged by them. As she lean against the cold brick wall of her school building, she put on her calm face even though she was scared.

 

“Nerd kid.” Jimin then slapped Min’s face, hard. All of the Queenkas laughed at Min.

 

Tears were already running down her cheek as Min couldn’t hold on her emotions anymore. It hurt. The slap was so damn hurtful, yet she just stood there enduring the pain. She already used to it. Why even bother fight back. It will just become more serious.

 

The Queenkas laughed so hard, making their face looked ugly with the heavy make ups. Jimin’s lip curved upward, smirking. She raised her hand, ready to slap the girl in front of her again.

 

Min closed her eyes, knowing that Jimin was about to slap her hard again. She waited. She waited. She waited. There was nothing. Nothing had happened. She carefully opened her eyes, curious about the delayed. There was a man stood in front her.

 

“O-oppa!” Jimin said shocked by the present of someone she didn’t expect. She slowly put down her hand, looked at the man in front of her. “M-mir oppa...”

 

“Don’t you ever dare to hurt her,” Mir said or rather threatened Jimin. With his fierce face that he hardly showed to public, it made the Queenkas turned silent. They were scared of him.

 

“Seriously Jimin. I never thought you are this kind of person. Two-faces.” Mir said with an annoyed face.

 

Jimin felt angry with accused but she couldn’t say anything. Mir is her cousin; she hoped that he wouldn’t tell her parent. She stared at him, as if she sending message through her eyes to him. After that, she gestured all of her friends to walk away, taking note that she couldn’t bully the nerd girl anymore.

 

Upon watching the Queenkas left the scene, Mir turned to his back and looked at the girl behind him. “Are you okay?” he asked.

 

Min was still shocked. As she blinked her eyes, she nodded her head. She then thanked him, but then she remembered that she had to meet up with her teacher. “I’m sorry for the trouble, but I have to meet Mrs. Jung.” She bowed and quickly made her way out from the place.

 

“Oh, okay.” Mir said, watching her until she was out of his sight. Her smile is so beautiful.

 

 

Min looked around the school, searching for someone. Mir, she was searching for him. She wanted to thank him. She felt grateful for the latter’s help. After the accident, the Queenka didn’t bother her and she was out of trouble. Oh there he is!

 

“Hey!” Min called out as she run toward him.

 

Mir stopped and looked behind as he thought someone was calling for him. He saw one girl running toward him held something on her hands. He looked carefully and smiled. It’s her.

 

Min stopped running and stood in front of him. She took a deep breath and bowed. “Hello.”

 

Seeing her bowing to him, Mir ended up doing the same. She’s cute.

 

“About yesterday...” Min started. She slightly blushed seeing him staring at her. “I want to say thank you. Here are some cupcakes that I made. I hope you like it.” She said, gave a box of cupcakes blue in colour to him.

 

Mir took it, gladly. “Oh, you don’t have to do so.” He said politely even though deep in his heart, he felt happy with the gift. She made it for me. He was smiling very wide.

 

Min looked awkwardly at him. She wasn’t used to talk with stranger. “Well...” she began. “I’m sorry if I bother your time. Goodbye then.” She quickly finished her words and walked away.

 

Mir snapped from his thought. He shouted as he saw her walked away. “Hey!” He knew he shouldn’t miss his chance of knowing her more.

 

Min turned back, facing him. “Yes?”

 

“Can’t I be your friend?”

 

Min stared at him. She stood in front of him in silent, stunned with the sudden friend request. He wants to be friend with me? “S-sure. I don’t mind.” She didn’t even know how reacted so fast.

 

Yes! Mir walked closer to her and then said. “I’m Mir an-”

 

“-I know who you are and I’m Lee Minyoung but call me Min.” Min interrupted him.

 

Mir smiled. It was hardly many people that interrupted him when he was talking since he was a Kingka in his school. People usually listened to him when he talked, especially girls. She has guts. Even so, he didn’t mind. He actually liked it. It felt refreshing. “Nice name.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Min!”

 

Min turned and smiled. “Oh hey, Cheolyong.” She teased the latter, knowing that he really disliked when he was being called by his real name.

 

“It’s Mir. I told you to call me Mir, right?” Mir stood in front of him with both of his hands on his waist, acted like he was mad at her. Blunt as ever.

 

It had been a week since they become much closer. Min was starting to open her heart for him. She felt comfortable with him, talking with him, spending time with him. “But it’s your name, right?” she blinked her eyes, acting like she was innocent.

 

Mir scoffed playfully, knowing that she was teasing him. “It’s more suitable to call me, Mir.” he admitted, he liked it when she was playful with him.

 

“City boy, huh?” Min chuckled. “So, what is it?” she asked, remembered the reason he had call out for her.

 

“Oh yeah.” Mir suddenly remembered. He smiled and nervously asked. “Are you free this Saturday?” he hoped that she would say ‘yes’. Yes, it was a date but he didn’t tell her, afraid that she would disagree.

 

Min thought for awhile. She then shrugged. “Yeah, I’m quite free. Why?”

 

Yes! The first step had done. “Uh, I want to go and play at Lotte World. Want to come?”

 

Lotte World? Min stared at him, confused. “Eh, why me?”

 

Mir starched his head that weren’t itchy at all. “Well, because my friends are busy, so you’re the only one left.” He explained or rather he lied to her. He didn’t even ask his friend. He just wanted to spend time with her.

 

“Eh, what happen to your other girlfriends?” Min asked as she was used to see Mir hang out with girls. He was after all a Kingka.

 

“They are not my friends. They only hang out with me because I’m popular.”

 

Min looked at his face. She felt the sincerity from him. Somehow, she felt her stomach fluttered with butterflies. Her heart beat a little faster.

“Please, please...” Mir begged her and did his best puppy eyes.

 

Min felt a little uncomfortable with Mir begging him. She felt sudden weak with his ‘puppy’ eyes. In the end, she agreed. She weakly nodded her and gave a faint smile.

 

“Really?” Mir asked, as he was surprised that his little ‘puppy eyes’ trick work. With sparking eyes, he then hugged her as he thanked her. He then smiled widely and left for his class, waved along the way.

 

Min was of course shocked with the sudden skin ship that Mir had did. He hugged her. She realized her heart beats faster. Min confused with herself at first but then she let out a small chuckled. Silly me, knowing him, hugging was probably normal to him. She watched as Mir completely vanished from her sight before she went to her own class.

 

 

Apparently time was a little fast than it normally did. Saturday arrived faster than ever. The night before, Min couldn’t sleep well. She was quite nervous since it had been awhile since she been a ‘date’. Min waited for Mir in front of the Lotte World front gate. “Where is he?” she mumbled.

 

Suddenly one beautiful red rose appeared in front of Min. She was startled but when she turned to her left, she smiled. “What is this?” she asked.

“A beautiful rose for a beautiful lady.”

 

Min chuckled. She gladly took the rose and thanked him. “Thank you, Cheol yong.” She stared at the rose as she smiled. how sweet of him.

 

Mir snorted. “Hey, how many times I say, call me Mir.”

 

Min chose to ignored his rant and put the rose inside her bad carefully as she then walked inside the Lottle World. “Let’s go Cheol yong.”

 

“Yah!” Mir shouted. “It’s Mir. M-I-R, Mir!” Mir spelled his name one by one as he run toward her.

 

Min giggled as she heard Mir shouted and childishly spelled his own ‘nickname’. It’s so much fun to .

 

 

They played a lot of rides. They have a pretty much good time playing and enjoying the rides together. Both were happy, Min was happy even though there was times when Min confused with herself. She acted like his girlfriend. Did she developed her feeling for Mir already?

 

It was dinner time already, they stopped playing and went to the nearest cafe to eat and rest for awhile. And for obvious scene, they chatted about their day and how fun the rides were. When Min was busy talking about stuffs, Mir clearly was not paying any attention to the story-telling but to the person herself. He was busy looking at her.

 

“Mir-ah,” Min raised her eyebrow. “Are you listening?”

 

“Oh,” Mir snapped for his little business and quickly avoided her question by pointing his finger toward her face. “You have something around your mouth.”

 

“Oh, really?” Min embarrassedly said. “Here?” she said as she tried to wipe it since she obviously can’t see it.

 

“No, there.” Mir pointed.

 

“Here?” Min said again and wiped.

 

“No, there.” Mir said but she still didn’t wipe the cream yet. He smiled as he took his napkin and wiped it. “There, all done.”

 

Min felt electricity shock in her body with his sudden action. It was like any drama, and she couldn’t help but to blush with it. “Th-thanks.” She thanked and looked at her remaining foods.

 

“Oh, sure.” It was then when Mir noticed his stupid action. He let out a small chuckled as he looked away, knowing that his face probably turned red.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter