Don’t Forget That I Will Always Love You

Sweet Surprise

I'm so nervous about posting this. Thank you to everyone that read this story, I hope this last chapter was worth the wait. Lastly, thank you to Maya for reading these chapters for me, I hope you like this one.  


Kibum sighs. “So what now?”

“Well, we can wait until Minho comes home to hear about what happened between him and Jinki, but I doubt Minho will be coming home anytime soon,” Jonghyun says as he sits down next to Kibum on the couch.

“What do you mean?” Kibum asks with a confused look on his face.

Now it’s Jonghyun’s turn to sigh. “Well, knowing Jinki, he probably has a lot he wants to say to Minho right now. He also won’t make Minho drive back home at night.”

Kibum groans as he rubs his face with his hands. “I’m sorry… about all of this. None of this would have never happened if I wasn’t being so annoying and persistent.”

Jonghyun pats Kibum on the back. “It’s okay, I would have done the same.”

“Hey Kibum, if it’s not any trouble, do you mind if I stay the night? I kind of let Minho just take my car without thinking about how I would get home,” Jonghyun says shyly.

Kibum laughs. “I think that’s the least I can do after all the trouble I caused.”


As Jonghyun wakes up, he remembers that he is not in his usual room. He insisted on sleeping on the couch, but Kibum dragged him to his bed before wishing him a goodnight and telling Jonghyun not to worry because he wasn’t one to try anything.

Snapping out of yesterday’s thoughts, Jonghyun looks at Kibum’s sleeping face. He’s beautiful and Jonghyun still doesn’t know how he managed to get so lucky.

Before he realizes it, he’s leaning in closer, gently placing his hand on Kibum’s cheek.

“Good morning to you too Jonghyun,” Kibum says, eyes still closed as he softly smiles.

Jonghyun quickly retracts his hand from Kibum’s face.

“Ah, sorry, I thought you were asleep. Not that I would do anything if you were and by anything I don’t mean anything bad. Uh… not that I would ever think about doing anything ba-“ Jonghyun rambles and if he isn’t feeling ty about his morning, he certainly is now.  

Kibum chuckles before opening his eyes to look at Jonghyun. “It’s okay.” Kibum grabs Jonghyun’s hand and places it back on his face. “I don’t mind.”

Jonghyun groans and hides his face in the covers, making Kibum laugh harder.  


Once they are both decently dressed, Jonghyun and Kibum decide to walk to the nearest train station to Jinki’s home. The minute Jonghyun and Kibum walked into Jink’s apartment, they couldn’t stop smiling at the scene before them. Jinki and Minho were on the couch. Jinki was curled onto Minho’s side while Minho had his arm over Jinki’s waist. They were smiling, even in their sleep.

“Hey lovebirds, your favorite couple in the world is here to ruin the mood,” Jonghyun says to break the silence.

Suddenly, Jinki is groaning, he must have slept wrong because now his neck hurts. He looks up to see his best friend and a man with blond hair next to him, staring straight at him.

Kibum takes a look at his best friend’s boyfriend, he’s cute.

Not bad Min.

He then looks at the purple red like mark on the man’s skin.

“Mr. Lee? Wow, I didn’t think I’d finally get to meet you right after you had with my roommate. Anyways, regardless of the situation, it’s nice to finally meet you,” Kibum says as he slightly bows in Jinki’s direction.

“What?! No, this is not what it looks like!” Jinki says, panic evident on his eyes. He then tries to break free from Minho’s grasp on his waist.

Why is he so strong, he’s not even awake?!

“Don’t go, they’re just jealous because they haven’t done it yet,” Minho says sleepily.

“Minho, you’re giving them the wrong idea!” Jinki not so quietly whispers to Minho. He’s blushing and if he hasn’t passed out yet, he surely will soon. He quickly turns his attention back to the duo in front of him.

“Jjong, you believe me right? I swear I didn’t do anything!”

“I came to get my car back,” Jonghyun says as he gives his best friend a blank stare.

Jinki groans. “I can’t believe you don’t believe me.”

Minho wakes up and sets himself right next to Jinki on the couch. He laughs and kisses his cheek.

“Relax, they know we didn’t do anything… yet.”

Jinki buries his face in his hands and decides to give up.


It’s a Saturday afternoon, eight months after Minho and Jinki have officially decided to go out. Minho is visiting his mom, but promised that he’ll meet Jinki and Taemin at the park later in the afternoon. He’s washing the dishes with his mom and would have liked to see his dad as well, but he’s currently busy with work. Nevertheless, Minho is glad to see his mom. At the thought of his parents, he is suddenly stopped by a voice. Minho’s mom is now staring lovingly into her son’s eyes.

“Minho, why don’t you get yourself a girlfriend or a boyfriend? Your mother isn’t getting any younger. I would really like to see you have a family of your own someday soon,” she says, almost saddened by requesting such a thing from her son.

Minho clears his throat. “Um mom, that is actually why I came to see you today. I kinda have someone important to me in my life at the moment. Well, two people actually. His name is Jinki and he has a beautiful son named Taemin. I like him a lot and mom he’s such a wonderful person, you and dad would both really like him.”

Minho’s mom suddenly smiles as she looks up at her son. “You remind me a lot of your father when he was younger. He had the exact same look on his face the day he confessed to me.”

Minho brings his mom in for a hug, too overwhelmed to express his gratitude for his parents.


As Jinki is swinging Taemin on the swing, he receives a text from Minho, notifying him that he is on his way. He seriously doesn’t know how he found someone as perfect as Minho. Minho was kind enough to pick up Taemin every morning, so he could take him to the daycare center with him and Jinki always tried making it up to him by inviting him over for dinner. Granted, he wasn’t the best cook, but he tried. Although he wouldn’t admit it to anyone, he really liked the routine they created. Snapping out of his thoughts, Jinki feels hands suddenly gripping his waist.

“Hey,” Minho says near Jinki’s ear.

“You’re here,” Jinki says as he turns around, smiling brightly at his boyfriend.

“Mr.Choi!” Taemin shouts as he jumps off the swing.

Minho then scoops up the small boy from the ground.

“Hey little guy, did you miss me?” Minho asks.

Taemin can then only nod furiously.


It’s 7:00 PM and the sun is beginning to set. Taemin fell asleep on Minho’s shoulder. As they begin walking back to Jinki’s home, Minho intertwines his hand with Jinki’s. It’s a small gesture, but the gesture has Jinki looking up at Minho. They’re now smiling at each other.

“I need to ask you something,” Minho then says.

“What is it?” Jinki asks worriedly.

Minho tightens his hold on Jinki, soothingly rubbing his hand with his thumb. “Don’t worry, I was just wondering if you were busy next Saturday.”

“No, why?”

“My parents want to meet you and Taemin.”

“Really?” Jinki says, surprised that Minho’s parents even know about him and his son.

“Really.”

Sensing the nervousness in his boyfriend, Minho lets him know that everything will be alright.

“They’ll love you guys, you want to know why?”

“Why?”

“Because I love you guys.”


Jinki went shopping with Taemin after realizing that he probably didn’t have the nicest clothes at the moment. Taemin is smiling, wearing his brand new overalls and shoes his father bought him. Taemin refused to put on his sweater, but he finally caved in after his father said they wouldn’t leave unless he put it on. Unlike his son, Jinki is more nervous than excited. He then sighs before finally knocking at the door before him.

“Hey, you’re here,” Minho says, breathless at the sight before him. Jinki is wearing all black from his turtleneck and jacket all the way down to his shoes, making his brunette hair stand out.

“Black really suits,” Minho says, grinning at his boyfriend.

“Mr. Choi!” Taemin shouts, smiling up at his daycare teacher.

Minho kneels down before Taemin. “And you look handsome as always Taeminnie.”

Minho then picks up a giggling Taemin and grabs Jinki’s hand as he leads them inside.

Minho sets Taemin down next to Jinki once they make it to the kitchen, where Minho’s mom is finishing setting up the table.

“Mom, Jinki and Taemin are here.”

Suddenly a woman with short black hair turns around.

“It’s nice to finally meet you Mrs.Choi, thank you for having us over.” Jinki politely bows.

The lady smiles. “Minho, you didn’t tell me you knew such a handsome duo,” Minho’s mom says as she giggles.

Jinki is now blushing as Taemin stands behind his father, grabbing onto his leg.

“You’re so cute, how old are you?”

Taemin shyly holds up three fingers.

“Would you like to have a seat with your father, dinner is almost ready,” Minho’s mom says before turning to Minho.

“Your father will be home in a few minutes, make sure to save a spot for him as well,” Minho’s mom says as she pinches her son’s cheeks.

“Okay mom,” Minho replies, already dreading what’s to come.

Jinki chuckles as they sit down. “Your mom… she’s nice,” Jinki says as he suddenly remembers his own parents.

“Yeah, when she’s not embarrassing me,” Minho says, sounding more tender than anything. He stares lovingly at Jinki, “I’m glad you like her.”

A few more minutes go by when suddenly a knock is heard.

“I got it,” Minho says as he quickly gets up.

As soon as Minho’s father arrives, Minho looks towards Jinki’s direction and begins to introduce them.

“Dad, this is Jinki and Taemin,” Minho says as Jinki stands up to shake the man’s hand.

“It’s nice to meet you Mr. Choi, thank you for having us over,” Jinki says.

“It’s nice to finally meet the man that has stolen my son’s heart,” Minho’s dad teasingly says.

Minho’s mom joins in. “Yes, we tried to get Minho to introduce us to his high school crush, but he flat out refused at the time.”

“Mom, that was ages ago please let it go,” Minho says, blushing furiously. He can’t believe his parents are already embarrassing him in front of his boyfriend and his son. They haven’t even had dinner yet.

“Changmin was all I ever heard about, how could I let it go?” Minho’s mom says.

Minho groans.


After dinner, Jinki doesn’t forget to kindly thank Minho’s parents for the dinner.

“You and Taemin are always welcomed to visit us,” Minho’s mom says with a smile. She then turns to her son before whispering. “Now Minho, make sure these two get home safely. Also, keep them, your father and I really like them. Even though, your father may not show it, he’s fond of Jinki,” she says.

Minho then turns to look at his dad, who is now shaking Jinki and Taemin’s hand. He can’t help but smile after that.

As Minho begins to walk Jinki and Taemin home, Taemin begins to get tired.

“Daddy, I’m sleepy,” Taemin says, gripping onto his father’s shirt.

“Just wait a little longer Taeminnie, we’ll be home in no time,” Jinki says.

Minho then decides to stop and pick up Taemin, who’s already drifting away in his arms.

“Did you have fun Taeminnie?” Minho asks.

Taemin nods in response before quickly falling asleep.

Minho chuckles and then grabs ahold of Jinki’s hand.

“I’m glad,” Minho says fondly.

Jinki looks up at him and smiles.

“Thank you… for everything,” Jinki shyly says. 

Minho looks at Jinki and leans down to kiss his cheek.

“I love you.”

Those words always take him by surprise, no matter how many times Minho says them to him, it still manages to make his heart race.

“I love you too.”


It’s been about two years since Minho and Jinki first met. Taemin is now five years old and has officially begun kindergarten. Minho was recently able to purchase a car and is now driving them back home after another dinner with Minho’s parents. Minho’s nervous, but he really wants Jinki and Taemin to move in with him. He’s been a bit lonely at home ever since Kibum decided to move out because he wanted to have “alone time” (as Kibum calls it) with Jonghyun.

He tries to pay attention to what his boyfriend is saying, but his grip only tightens on the steering wheel as his nerves escalate. By the time Minho is in front of Jinki’s home, Jinki notices something is off.

“Min, what’s wrong? You don’t look so well,” Jinki says with a concerned look on his face.

“Let’s move in together,” Minho blurts out.

“What?” Jinki asks, taken aback by Minho’s sudden statement.

“I mean… Jinki I really love you and Taemin. I want us to be a family. I know I may be moving too fast, but please consider it. I would really like for all of us to live together. Preferably in a new home because our apartments are too small, but anywhere is fine as long as we’re together. I’ve been thinking about this for a whole year now and I’ve been trying my best to save up to cover up most of the initial first cost,” Minho rambles, but is suddenly put to a halt when he sees tears beginning to form in Jinki’s eyes.

Minho’s eyes widen in panic at the sight. “Jinki, hey, I’m sorry. You don’t have to say yes, I’ll still love you if you say no.”

Jinki then playfully hits Minho in the arm. “Of course I will say yes.”

Minho face breaks into a grin. “Really?!”

“Really.”

Minho then leans in to kiss Jinki on the lips.

“I love you,” Minho says, still kissing Jinki. He then slowly begins to kiss down Jinki’s neck.

“Min, Taemin is asleep in the car, we can’t do anything else right now.” Jinki says, trying to half-heartedly push his boyfriend away.

Minho clears his throat. “Sorry.”

Jinki doesn’t know whether to be disappointed or glad when his boyfriend comes to a stop.  


Today, Jinki has the day off from work, so he decides to visit Minho at the daycare center after dropping Taemin off at school. Apparently the library was given enough money to renovate, so they technically gave everyone the day off. Nevertheless, Jinki was happy to get to the chance see his boyfriend for a bit longer than usual and surprise him on his day off. He just hopes he can get there on time before Minho’s lunch break, so they can go eat together.


Recently, a boy at the daycare center has been acting up. It began with him pushing one of his classmate’s after he got the last cookie that Kibum handed out and only worsened when he cut a girl’s ponytail off.

At this point, Minho and Kibum were both concerned for the student, so Minho decided to call the boy’s mother and invite her to his office for a meeting while the students went outside for recess (of course, in the care of Kibum and Jonghyun). He should probably be more concerned for his student’s safety when in the hand’s of the duo, but right now his priority was getting to the bottom of one of his student’s behavior. About five minutes go by when a knock is heard at his door.

“Come in,” Minho says.

“Hello, nice to meet you, Mrs. um-”

“Ms. Kim,” the woman with long brown hair responds as she begins to take the seat in front of her. She looks fairly young and is probably not much older than Minho.

“Thank you for coming. I wanted to talk about your son’s recent behavior. He’s normally a well behaved student, but lately he’s been acting up,” Minho says, looking down at his student’s file.

“Well, my husband and I have decided to get a divorce and it hasn’t been very easy on my son,” the lady replies.

“Ah, I see,” Minho says. After that, Ms. Kim apologizes for the trouble she has caused and tells Minho that she’ll have a talk with her son. However, as quickly as the meeting goes, it quickly takes a turn in a different direction.

Minho stands up to walk Ms. Kim out of his office, but Ms. Kim suddenly grips Minho’s arm once they are standing outside.

“Wow, your arms are strong. Do you work out?”

Minho clears his throat, feeling uncomfortable by the situation he is currently in.

“Uh, yeah.”

The lady then begins to slide her hand a bit lower down Minho’s arm.

“You’re quite handsome.”

“Thank you, but I-“

“Minho?” Jinki says, catching the attention of both adults in front of him.

“Uh… hey Jinki,” Minho says as he tries to move his arm from the lady’s grasp.

“He’s busy,” Ms. Kim says, clearly annoyed by the sudden interruption.

“Sorry for being a bother,” Jinki says as he turns around, walking back to the direction he came from.

“Jinki wait!” Minho shouts, then quickly bows to the lady in front of him before running off. “It was nice to meet you Ms. Kim, but I think our time here is done,” Minho says, causing the woman to look offended, but right now he didn’t care about that since he probably caused some misunderstanding between him and his boyfriend.

“Jinki wait, didn’t you hear me,” Minho says as he takes a hold of Jinki’s wrist and spins him around to look at him.

“Clearly you were busy,” Jinki says. He’s upset, Minho knows it, he can see it on Jinki’s face.

 “Jinki come on, it wasn’t like that at all. I had a meeting with one of my student’s mom and she suddenly started to hit on me. I was about to push her away, I swear,” Minho says.

“I know,” Jinki quietly says.

“What?” Minho says in confusion.

“I know, I was just jealous, so I tried to leave as quickly as possible before I embarrassed you at work,” Jinki says, gnawing at his lower lip, refusing to look at his boyfriend. God, his boyfriend was so cute. Minho can’t help but smile internally at his boyfriend’s jealousy.

Jinki is then taken by surprise as Minho hugs him and pulls him back to look directly into his eyes.

“I love you, don’t forget that,” Minho says.

He leans down to kiss Jinki.

“You know I’m all yours right?” Minho says softly in Jinki’s ear. Jinki can only nod before the tips of his ears begin to heat up.

Suddenly, someone shouts from across the hallway, causing both Jinki and Minho to turn towards the direction of the sound.

“Ah, that’s so gross. Get a room!” Kibum shouts.

Jonghyun hit’s his boyfriend’s arm. “Leave them alone, they’re in love.”

Minho rolls his eyes. “Grow up Kibum.”

Jinki is then laughing at the sight before him.

“Just ignore him, he’s jealous,” Jinki says as he takes ahold of Minho’s face, squishing his cheeks in the process.

“Hey, I heard that!” Kibum shouts.

They’re now both grinning at each other.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”