Intro: Chanyeol

Rap God

Chanyeol


The first time I heard the name Kindergarten, I immediately thought about my childhood, the first time I went to school. My first crush, my first heart broken and my cookie stolen. It was not good memories. My friends Sehun and Kai were busy gossiping and laughing about something that happened during our class but my attention was diverted to the conversation happening near the internet cage entrance. My name is Park Chanyeol, and I'm a second year student in my university. Sehun and Kai were my classmates and my roommates last year. Now they share the same room while I was lucky to get my own room in the same suite. I guess, in a way music is my life. I've always been into music. Not much of a biography isn't it. It's a lot better if I was writing in my notebook, my notebook is something I hold to dearly, all my secrets and thoughts right here in my notebook. It's all I have left. I'm always writing in my notebook, there's always something to write about, I take my memories and change into music, and that's how these songs are made. Sehun and Kai wouldn't understand, but then, they are much younger than me and have other aspirations in life, Kai likes to dance while Sehun can do anything he wants in life, he was always very pretty, he was popular, he can dance, rap and sing and act... while I just had acting skills and my words. But Kindergarten was about to change all of that.

 

"Kindergarten is going to be lit tonight, I'm so excited." 

"Who is performing tonight?" 

"I think Machine Gun Kelly is making an entrance to the Kindergarten, so a lot of people are gonna come tonight."

"It'll be like a concert more than anything.."

"Yea well, the bright side about everything, kindergarten is so sacred, not a lot of people come so maybe it'll be like a private concert."

"Blessed." 

"Anyways, when is G-Dragon gonna make a comeback?" The other guy laughed bashfully, covering his face. A slight blush tingled his cheeks as he drank from his cup. The other man laughed and gave the guy a pat on the back. I guess, that was G-Dragon. It was an interesting name. He must've been a rapper too. 

"I'm not sure, I haven't found inspiration to continue, and freestyling oh my, cursing gets you so far, but not as far as I want to.. for now I'll just watch and hope to gain my edge back.. I feel it, I feel that my edge will come back soon, Seunghyun." 

I was so indulged in their conversation and trying to find out what this Kindergarten was that I didn't notice that Kai and Sehun were trying to catch my attention. Sehun dipped his fingers in water and splashed me. I looked at him, angered and hit him with the paper plate. 

"Yah, Yoda, we've been calling your name for a while." Kai laughed, "What were you thinking of?"

My face turned red, as red as my hair. I didn't want him to know what I was thinking of. It was none of his business, I mean I wasn't thinking of much, I just wanted to check out the joint, but I didn't know where it was.. it was like Narnia, such a mystical place that no one else knows of but a selective few. I sighed softly and looked towards them. 

"ing your with some gucci flip flops." I laughed and got up, leaving the two. Sehun was definitely laughing as Kai was arguing with me. He didn't really like when people talked about Krystal that way but I was able to leave them. I needed some time to my own, I needed to know what Kindergarten was. Standing up, I bumped into them. G-Dragon and Seunghyun. G-Dragon held my arms and looked up at me. 

"Aye boy, I know I'm small but watch where you're going dude." He laughed and patted my arm. I choked up, I was nervous and shy. I don't know why, I'm not usually like this, I'm not usually bashful whatsoever.. but still.. this was strange. Our eyes broke apart as I apologized. His taller friend laughed again, a really nice laugh as I bowed to my seniors. 

"Can I ask you both a question?"

G-Dragon and Seunghyun exchanged glances and looked back at me. They smiled. I was shooked by their reaction but I snapped out of it. "Can.. you take me to the Kindergarten?" 

G-Dragon laughed and wiped the satirical tear coming down his eye. Seunghyun looked at G-Dragon who was laughing way too hard. He then started laughing because of my shocked reaction. Why were they laughing, I wanted to ask but I didn't want to be rude, but I guess that's what I had my rude friends for. Kai was about to get up and say something but I put my hand in front of him before he can mouth them off. Kai wanted to move my hand and looked at me angered but I was calm about the situation. They were obviously older than us, so they probably expected us to already know. At least, that's what I thought, but then G-Dragon patted my face. 

"Boyyy, what do you know about Kindergarten, it isn't for some cookie cutter cutie like you. It's for people with edge and soul, what do you do, cute pop music with a synth?" G-Dragon patted my face again. 

"I-I rap too.." I stumbled. I felt so intimidated by him, though I'm taller, I still felt shy.. 

"Yea? Alright boy. Meet us in Pyeongdong Circle, near Sejong Hall, if you're really down. Tonight, around 8." 

"A-Alright." I swallowed my pride and a little spit as Seunghyun and G-Dragon walked off, still laughing, probably about me. When they were out of earshot, I let go of my breath. Sehun and Kai was shocked, and a bit surprised. 

"He seemed like he was talking a lot of Chanyeol, are you alright? I would've fought his elf looking , why'd you stop me...?"

"It wasn't necessary.."

"Wasn't necessary? He was laughing at you, he called you a cookie cutter-"

"It's fine.. I might seem so now, but when I unleash the Phoenix.."

"I haven't heard that name since High School," Sehun laughed, and got up, patting my back. "You're gonna bring it back..?"

"Y-Yea.. I.. I am. I'm going to the Kindergarten tonight." 

"What even is the Kindergarten..?"