Fate

Stammi Piu Vicino

Day passed just like wind, you just realized that sun had changed and moon had replaced again. It was a fun introduction at the restaurant. Hosoek choose this kinda personalities that worked in there. Three, four, five days already passed and Hayi slowly making friends. They were all friendly only Introvert Hayi made it little bit hard to approach. She felt like she had been worked in there for long, it was too comfortable that Hayi felt the warmth by her friends. She worked at, cafe -second floor- she already friended with all man in there, she sometimes met her friend at first floor at the main restaurant when briefing and they we're cheerful and friendly girls. Hayi even sure that some boys already falling with some girls here that make her smile alone when she saw some interaction for it was an obvious movement.

Things were good expect that Namjoon guy, she just couldn't understand him, and she just couldn't close to him when she was friendly to any other people. Maybe he hated Hayi that she enrolled with special connection, but all her friend in there were find. Even still Hayi was busy in there that she little bit forgot about her main purpose. That day he decided to observe carefully at his former company just in case its CEO appeared but days had passed and she seemed couldn't see him. She had to move.

"What are you looking at?" Hayi observation was broke by the deep voice Hayi always avoid to hear.

"Nothing, I am so sorry." She wanted to fly away from him but her phone vibrated in her pants pocket. They had upper shirt to use, but they had no regulation on pants. Hayi wore tight jeans and her phone vibrated was heard. Namjoon -the deep voice owner- looked at the source of voice and Hayi grabbed it immediately. It was from Jaewon, he always called her when he had free time, Hayi did not pick every time he called and that only made Jaewon called and texted continuously. That was a first call on that morning when Hayi just served a costumer and flee to the balcony to make her observation routine, but crap she got caught by Namjoon.

Hayi phone turned off her phone without answer Jaewon's call. Hayi will get thousands of messages from Jaewom after she worked but none of them were replied by her.

"Aren't the contract sheet clear? Or you cannot read? It was clearly written that you should keep your phone on the locker." Hayi only silence, she couldn't choose reasons, she keep her phone on his pocket just in case something suspicious happened on her former company, anything suspicious, but of course she couldn't say that thing. She just silenced and couldn't find any words, she used to get scold by him anyway in the way Hayi almost got pissed, when she was daydreaming, when her clumsy way of walk bumped the wall, when forgot to bow to the costumer even though it only happen once, it was just because it was busy and very crowd that day, Hayi just couldn't understand why he always watched her.

"Are you not going to answer me now?" His voice rose one note, and she finally shutter and bow rapidly.

"I am very sorry. It won't happen again."

"It won't? Do you think I don't know that you always keep your phone on the pocket?" Hayi surprised little bit that she looked at Namjoon in the eye. "What? You registered for this and not for the manager position Hosoek offer you. So, you worked under me, and my rules." Hayi's eyes little bit open wide it seemed that made Namjoon little bit pissed. So she looked down and regret her action immediately. "Just because you used to get special treatments because your father doesn't mean it applied everywhere." The moment the words heard by her, hayi pursed her eyebrow and looked at her confused with shaken eyes pupil. How did he knew that, Hayi thought but couldn't not vocalized it.

"Well well, what we got early morning in front of my costumer and on this open wide balcony in this nice fall weather?" Hosoek with very neat looking brown suit approach Hayi and Namjoon. Namjoon gasped little bit surprised by his words, Hayi looked down again. "Namjoon, aren't I told you to be nice to her? I am going on meeting and this is my sight." Hosoek the only person that smile in there, Namjoon just flew away and Hayi looked at his board back with many questions. "Hayi." Hosoek hold Hayi's shoulder and bend little bit to adjust Hayi's height. Hayi had no choice but to look at him straight to the eye. "Don't mind him please. OK? He is just like that sometimes, but he is a good man. He is just strict with all rules he makes." Hayi nodded and looked down, she still looked very confused. "Hayi" Hoseoek called her again even she was just few inches from his face and she looked at his smiley face again. "I am going to go to meeting. I need a mood booster. Will you smile for me the way you always did to me?" Like charmed those words themselves made Hayi smiled again, Hosoek always like this. She smiled, then grinned then giggled at him. Somehow Hayi felt so secure again. "That's right, I am boosted. Thanks." Hosoek showed his back and smile to each costumer that passed by his when it was girls they went like bliss by his smile and when it was boys they went look like role model to them as successful and down to earth person, and for elderly they just hope he met their children. It was not Hosoek that boosted by her, but it was Hayi mood was boosted by him.

:::::::::::

That day had passed like always except Hayi and Namjoon had increase tense each day. Like always Hayi sat down on the bench in front of restaurant to wait for Yunhyung all her friend greeted her and bid farewell to her friendly.

"Noona? You still here?" A boy approached him and sat next to her, Hayi welcomed him and did not feel awkward. Hayi always find easy with little brother and sister, as last child Hayi always imagine her have little sister, or brother. Hayi nodded by her friend.

"I thought you already home Joen Jongkook?"

"No. Today is Friday. TGIF.I am waiting friends here." He spoke casually and grinned to Hayi. She easily be friended with him as he was younger and helped him sometimes with chores that obligated to him. She did it while waited Yunhyung. They kinda built relationship from there. Silence for a while although it was not awkward but Hayi was not a talkative person. "I see you have trouble with Namjoon hyung?" Hayi surprised by sudden conversation topic but she took a deep breath and talked about it anyway.

"I don't know, I feel like he doesn't like me, I feel like just by seeing me makes him pissed, he just keep looking at my mistakes. I don't know." Hayi pursed her eyebrow and looked little bit pissed talking about him. Jongkook chuckle in reaction.

"He used to scold me a lot too. He even still right now, I am very clumsy and he always told me to fix it but it was hard because of determine of him to see me to be better I always careful in everything I did. Hyung is scary but is very kind person."

"I don't know, but I think he just hates me." Jungkook shake his head and insisted that it was not true. Hayi and Jungkook turned their face to a voice it was a bunch of guys that called Jungkook's name. They were his friends. After bowed to Hayi Jungkook blend in with his friend. Such a cheerfull kid she thought. Hayi looked at the sky and shocked by a door voice that opened in front of her. It was Lisa, Hayi's at restaurant.

"Oh, unni." Loss as surprised as Hayi, she was always the one who cheerfully bowed to others and went home.

"Lisa!" What are you doing? Aren't you always go home first?"

"Yeah, but today was crazy." Lisa grinned and showed her teeth, her cheerful tone voice made everyone also happy to be around her. She bowed down and also went to Hayi's right direction in rush. Hayi paid attention to her back, when she run a book from her fell from her bag. Hayi rose from her sit and went to pick it up. Hayi wanted to save it and return it at Monday, but Hayi afraid that the book was important so she followed her.

Lisa fortunately stopped at the weird crowd place, there were many long tables and chairs where elderly ate, and there we're also homeless people. After put her stuff Lisa helped the aunty and replaced her to fill the entry line plate. Hayi somehow touched by her action, she did a charity worked after she just off from work. Hayi looked around and found a very surprising view, there we're people fill plates on that day but Hayi surprised by someone, it was Shin Seungwoo with his regular light smile.

Hayi hide behind the tree with heart pumping so hard, she heard her heart beating so fast. Her pupil shake and she blinked rapidly. The man she wanted to meet at the hospital was in front of her. Hayi couldn't think straight she knew that she will approaches danger when she decided to get close and greet him. Hayi tried to go to the hospital where he worked before but he strangely resign without any clear reasons. Hayi should do it now, she had to take a risk. She took a glimpsed and looked at him again, but Hayi's eyes open wide when she found him already gone. She was sure it was him, very certain, but what happened? Did he see her? Did he hide as well? This was pretty thrilled for Hayi. She knew that Seungwoo was dangerous now and he could probably see her. She looked at every corner at the place but she was nothing to be found. Finally Hayi gave the book to a child and passed it to Lisa and flew away from that place. She called Yunhyung over and over again until he picked up and told him to pick her as soon as possible.

When Yunhyung finally arrived and took Hayi to ride the bus Hayi was quite like a walking statue. Yunhyung couldn't stop asking her what's the matter but Hayi sealed her lips so tight. She answer her brother questions shortly 'I am tired. Just it.'

::::::::::::

It was a restless night for Hayi as she always she always walked back and forth in her room. She decided to hide this from Yunhyung or Mino. Three of them were talking that night about Seungwoo who just resigned from Hospital after met Hayi. Her brother told her to be more careful but that day she just saw him doing charity work. She had intention to greet him but he suddenly disappeared. If she told her brother about this, Hayi freaked out what will happen yo her freedom next.

She left alone at the house as Yunhyung went to grocery shopping and Mini at his office. He will come late. The ball finally rang and Hayi rush to open it, she might think that it was Yunhyung, but stopped immediately because if it was Yunhyung no necessary to ring the bell. Hayi was thrilled again, who could possibly be. Hayi took a risk and finally opened her door. There was showed a handsome looking man who was grinned from ear to ear. Hung Jaewon. Hayi's eyes wide open as he pulled Jaewon inside and slam the door.

"Jung Jaewon are you lost your mind? What if someone, a reporter follows you? What are you doing here?" She yelled at the man in front of her, while the man only smile and casually sat down at the cosy couch.

"Relax, no one follows me. I am sure of it. What am I doing here? That's the questions, you did not answer my phone nor reply my messages. My dear, I am worry sick." No pretend on Jaewon's eyes when he said he was worried.

"First of all, don't 'my dear' me. Second I have no right yo answer and reply your messages. Third, you have no right to call me every damn one hour. Fourth, get out from my house before my brother kicked you out." Hayi still stood looked tense and so pissed, she also worry if someone follows Jaewon and if Yunhyung saw him in here.

"Honey, I have right because I am your future husband and you have right because you are my future wife. About your brother, well let's bet on it."

"Jaewon look, I don't have time for your silly jokes right now. Get out before my...... " Hayi has not finished her sentence suddenly the door was opened and Yunhyung show up with grocery plastic and stuff. Hayi looked tense. "I... I can't explain. He is leaving."

"What? Why are you leaving? You've been waiting for long Jaewon? I am sorry. You?" Yunhyung apologized to Jaewon that made Hayi looked stupid in there. He called Hayi to took all the stuff and put it on the kitchen. Jaewon rose his left eyebrow and show his teasing smile to Hayi.

:::::::::

"Now that three of us here. Let's talk about that night." They looked serious just like government council talked about the country. "Could you explain what happen on that night Jaewon?" Talked about how Jaewon pushed Hayi that made Jaewon ruined his career and Hayi almost hit by car. It was not a simple thing to explain because it will include the feeling they felt on that day and if they reckon it was hurt.

"I was very angry at that time. I couldn't notice who and what my sourrandings were. I am so sorry love." Jaewon apologize to Hayi before continue his words. "That just happened and suddenly I saw Hayi was bleeding on the ground and a car almost hit her."

"Why did he stopped? The car I mean?" Yunhyung asked with very deep voice tone.

"I don't know, maybe because I fell not exactly on the road."

"This what makes me still confuse." Yunhyung rose from his seat and grabbed something from his room it was very fast that Hayi and Jaewon only had several blinks and Yunhyung return at his sit. "Look, when the news broke the pictures only from one angle. From what I remember that night when I followed Hayi, there we're two cameraman. Mino and I already figured why the pictures from this 'another cameraman' didn't show up at the news, because it pictured the car's plate numbers. Perhaps you remember the number Jaewon? Hayi?" The two shake their head and looked sad. Yunhyung inhaled deeply "It's OK."

"How about cctv?"

"None. This person is smart. We already know who the person behind this but we need prove."

"I am so sorry that is this serious. If I know this will be this serious I'll meet you soon. My schedule is so solid lately."

"It is OK. I understand."

It seemed the conversation that night stuck again in every same place. They were confused to look after the plate numbers of the car. Yunhyung now on the phone at his room left the two people who had just reckoned their worst relationship experience.

"I am terribly sorry at that night Hayi."

"It is OK. I understand." Hayi just copied Yunhyung words even the tone was the same. Both Hayi and Yunhyung were not lying. They truly understood Jaewon.

"I am so sorry. I have to go." Jaewon voice was so slow that Hayi barely heard him, Hayi nodded and took Jaewon to the door.

"I thought that you came because of I did not pick up your phone?" Hayi sound disappointed but won't let it show.

"Why? Are you disappointed because 'worry' wasn't not my first intention?"

"What? No! I just said that you lied." Jaewon smiled see Hayi pissed like that. For him, she looked cute and adorable just like a child without any obligations.

"How could I not worry if you work surrounded by male colleagues." Jaewon talked between his whispered that Hayi couldn't catch it.

"What?" Hayi asked for clarification.

"What?"

"What did you just say?"

"I said 'what? " Jaewon kept teasing Hayi. His old habit just won't go away.

"Arrrgh!! Forget it."

"Bye, love." Jaewon said that very sincerely but Hayi slammed the door.

:::::::::

Morning at the coffee shop was always relaxing, before all the costumer came the worker was busy to cleaning and preparing after little briefing. Hosoek was not there, he was rarely there as he has many restaurant open in one every city. It was relaxing as it nearly winter and every morning you smelled coffee amd snacks for free enjoy all of them before the busy time approach.

Hayi wrote the costumer order with smile and diligently. Suddenly there was a a broken glass sound from behind, it was Jongkook who had trouble this time she broke the glass as he tripped by the costumer's child bag that he put recklessly on the floor, her mother was on the phone and Jungkook seemed nervous, her mother yelled both at Jongkook and her child. Hayi-after wrote all the order- went to to Jungkook and help him clean the mess. The mother keep on yelling on Jungkook while he clean the mess.

"I am sorry Miss, but he tripped because your child's bag." Hayi couldn't take any longer of the mother who just on the phone and did not pay attention to his child, and blame someone else on that.

"Are you saying that this was my son fault?" The Miss seemed did not accept that Hayi blame her son. Hayi breath, it was her fault actually not her son's, but instead arguing she smiled and nodded.

"It was our fault, we are sorry and we will bring some extra cake right away miss." Hayi clean up the mess with The Miss, and everything back to normal again.

Hayi and Jungkook at the dishes counter talked about the lady, obviously very slowly. When it was the last dishes suddenly Jimin called both Hayi and Jungkook told them to meet Namjoon at his office, and they both knew there were trouble, especially Hayi.

In the room Jongkook and Hayi left with silence, they both bow down waiting for Namjoon finished read some papers. The silence even more annoying to them as the tense higher every second. Namjoon finally closed all the files and looked at them with no expression.

"So, who made a mistake?" Namjoon opened a conversation with cold in his tone.

"I did." Confessed Jungkook. "I am sorry sir, it won't happen again. I promise."

"Do not promise something you cannot keep, but it was your mistake after a while so it is ok. Just keep learning. Now I am done with you so get out." Jungkook loot at Namjoon and Hayi with confused eyes and pursed eyebrows.

"It is my mistake sir, I think she is nothing to do with this." Said Jungkook shutter.

"I said I am done with you, now get out." Jungkook looked at Hayi again but Hayi smiled at him as a sign that she was alright.

Jungkook then left the room with a heavy heart and keep bowing down.

"You." Now left Hayi and Namjoon alone, she was pretty sure that she will be finished by him, not fired but enough to make Hayi turned into pieces with his scold. She was ready for that so she prepared her mental.

"Playing hero huh?" He continued his long pause words. Hayi planed on keep silence and let him crushed her.

"You really have temper issues it seems, person like that actually doesn't match to work here, to work as a waitress. Of course you never experienced such job before, never in this so low position.

'It is your son mistake' how dare you told my costumer like that? Oh right, you have been playing princes for long. See, when you in this position you had to bow down to anybody." Hayi's heart shaken, she was planning to not listening to his words but they stabbed her deeply, over and over again that no spot left to be hurt.

"What? Protest? Doing what you think right? This is why you lost your job continuously?

Hosoek told you to take Manager Position, you reject him and insisted to work here as anything. Why? Is it Jungkook? Jimin? Who? Or is it Hosoek? You perhaps keep you heart in one of them?"

Hayi couldn't take any longer and looked at Namjoon with rage eyes.

"Do to respect sir, I work here because I want to. So far I also had no problem with costumer before.

I think although you are a manager here, you have no right to talk about my personal feelings, but if you want to make it clear I work here because I want to, I had been worked as a Janitor in my college days I don't see why I should ashamed of this job, and I don't -how could I- have a feeling of one of person here, even in there is, it is my sincere compassion as a friend.

I will reflect my mistakes and will not repeat it again and if it is happen again I will let my pride to stepped until it vanished and I will not against it, if that's what you want.

Now pardon me sir, but I think we have nothing to discuss any longer. Once again I am so sorry."

Hayi flew away as fast as wind and slammed the door, Namjoon stood from his seat and took a deep sigh.

"You just make it this very hard." Namjoon whisper that only heard by nobody.

::::::::::

Hayi at the rooftop, employee personal favorite place to let all their stress, but lately it was only her that had feeling such things.

Hayi passed her lunch, how could she eat with this kind of feelings? Meeting Namjoon and Jungkook and Jimin? Thank God that Hosoek left somewhere. How could she meet them after all Namjoon said. Feelings what? It was ridiculous. Hayi had no plane on having romantic feeling to anybody. It was inappropriate and it just was not right. How could she has feeling for someone? Besides, Hayi believe that no one will fall for her.

She thought about Namjoon again and his hatred towards Hayi. She couldn't understand why he really hated her. Slowly steps approached her. She did not know who but she won't bothered to look behind. Someone put a cup if warm coffee on her cheek, the smell, the warmth of coffee made her little bit relax at that moment in the cold weather of fall winter slowly approaching.

Hayi turned left and a person smiled at her, it was Jimin with a plastick wrapped of food. She took the coffee and drink it, smile at him and took the food he offered.

"Thanks Jimin." Jimin smiled back and sat down next to him. He was another Jimin from Hayi's life. Another Jimin always by her side, text her, talked chit chatting on the phone. This Jimin who sat next to her was a man, and obviously a gentleman, and she sure that he was also another nice Jimin.

"I don't know what was going on that room but you look so pissed. Namjoon hyung is a good man." Jimin talked slow and free that no time keeper will broke them. Hayi on the other side rolled her eyes of 'Namjoon is a good man.' "I also find so weird that he always scold you, but I think he has a reason, I don't know what is it but I think it is nothing to harm you." Jimin knew nothing about what Namjoon said at the office of course, it was hurt her so bad Hayi couldn't understand why he did that to her but if Jimin and the rest of her friend said that Namjoon was a good man then he was indeed a good man. So Hayi wouldn't argue anymore, she just thanked that all her friend in there were very kind, nice and friendly that we're more than enough to her to keep working in there.

"Yeah, thank you for this." Hayi shortened her conversation about Namjoon topic. She enjoyed her meal.

"Actually Junkook wanted to meet you after you out from the office but you flew away without look at anything. I believe he followed me and listen to our conversation now." Jimin giggled and Junkook out from his hiding. He showed palmed face and approached Jimin and Hayi who giggled so hard. Three of them then having a good conversation.

::::::::::

Hayi was cleaning the table on that cold day, winter finally came. She looked at the balcony as routine again but nothing suspicious like always. She looked at the people who walked on the road down side, they were tightened their coat and scarf. She shivered little bit and decided to go inside.

Someone with pretty fancy dress and long coat approach her, she looking so beautiful. She smiled at Hayi with her tiny and red lips, with expensive looking bag on his arm and raven black hair that glowing and hanging beautifully on her back. Hayi smiled back at her and bow, she keep smiling that her eyes made a half moon shape.

"I am here to meet the manager. I have already made an appointment. My name is Jisoo." The way she talked was really fun, it was not a night tone nor very deep.

"Yes, please sit down." Hayi told her to sit down and wait for her to tell Namjoon that he had a guest. Hayi knocked at the office and Namjoon deep tone responded her to get inside. Namjoon told Hayi to assist her to the office and Hayi did exactly what she told.

Hayi bowed to Namjoon and the lady. The lady, Jisoo bowed back and thanked Hayi. She left Jisoo and Namjoon alone and closed the office door. What a pretty girl, she thought.

:::::::

The girl finally left the office, Hayi and all the person there looked at her with 'aw' as she looked so gorgeous. Hayi was not far away from her as she heard her phone rang. She answered the phone immediately.

"Yes, Seungwoo oppa?" Jisoo smiled so sweet when she answered her phone. On the other side Hayi, who listen the conversation opened her eyes widely. Her legs followed Jisoo without she realized and listen all her conversation with someone called Seungwoo. Could he be Seungwoo she knew? Or just other Seungwoo? Anyway Hayi followed her.

"Yes, I had ate. I am at the restaurant booked the menu for Rose's birthday. Ok, bye."

It turned out it was just simple chit chat. Jisoo nearly reached the last stair and she looked down. Hayi looked at what she looked it was Lisa.

"Lisa!!" Hayi surprised she knew Lisa, Hayi hurriedly followed Jisoo who approached Lisa. Hayi act little bit to make her less suspicious that she had been following Jisoo. So she did something like fix the ornaments on the wall or fixed flower on the table.

"Unni, what are you doing here?" Lisa with bright smile approached Jisoo. They both sat on chair.

"I will book the menu from this restaurant and the waitress here for my friend birthday."

"Oh, I see."

"Oh right, I need to tell you something. Next month I have another charity even in another city. It will be okay with your mother?"

"Of course unni. It will be a refreshing to her." Lisa giggled imagine her mother will get a job plus vacation to refresh from the big city. Jisoo grinned when she saw Lisa reaction.

"Good then, I'll tell you when and where later, and I have an aunty who also cooked well in there, she will help your mother."

"Your boyfriend's mother?" Lisa teased Jisoo with naughty smile.

"What are you talking about? He is not my boyfriend Lisa." Lisa looked red on her cheeks.

"I am sorry unni." Lisa grinned and apologizing but Jisoo only smiled at her.

"Alright then Lisa, I have something do. Have a good day." Jisoo smiled and waved at Lisa who was grinned from ear to ear.

Lisa prepared to back to kitchen but then stopped when he realized that Hayi was there looking awkward. Lisa and Hayi's eyes met and Hayi bend down and looked down pretend to look after something.

"What are you looking for Unni?" Hayi kept pretending that something just fall.

"Ah, I have something to take from the main kitchen but my eating was falling down right here. I just couldn't find it."

"Are you sure it fell here?" Lisa also kneeled down to help Hayi look over something imaginary.

"Ah no, but perhaps it fell here as I look at the window. Maybe upstairs."

Hayi and Lisa stood together as they did not find something Hayi look after.

"Anyway Lisa, your friend is beautiful. Is she a celebrity? I think I have seen her somewhere." Hayi chit chatting with Lisa to dig information about that Jisoo girl. Of course it was her first time she saw Jisoo.

"Right? No, she was not, but she was a government council's daughter maybe you looked at her at newspaper before as she has many campaigns.

She has a charity event where my mom cooked for the food. My mother cooked well and she met her at one event. Maybe it was fare that she met mother who cooked well and she looked after someone who cooked well, so they met and my mother gave her a work.

Sometimes, when the charity is around and if I could reach it I helped my mother to serve the food." Hayi now understood why Lisa looked so hurry at that time and replaced a mother to served food at charity event when Hayi saw Seungwoo. Oh right Seungwoo, she had to get information about him too.

"I see. She is so pretty at heart and beautiful at the outside, she must be driving someone crazy. Does she has a boyfriend? He must be a lucky man."

"I don't know if he is her boyfriend but they look so closed. Seungwoo oppa also helped in charity event Jisoo unni held. I think they already in relationship, but they cover it." Lisa as always talked without long pause and in high tone talked about someone she thought Hayi did not know. "Anyway do not tell this to anybody, you know Seungwoo oppa, is a famous doctor at famous hospital."

Lisa chuckled and very bright as always, but Hayi's head suddenly felt so dizzy. So it was him after all she saw at charity event with Lisa. She this closed to him once again that she sure it was a fate, now Hayi wouldn't hesitate anymore to find Seungwoo and talk to him as the fate itself keep making Hayi to find him this close.

Hayi faking smile at Lisa and immediately went upstairs to think. She will collect her courage. Suddenly Hayi remembered Jisoo said that they will held an event again at a city where Seungwoo's mother will participate. Seungwoo's mother, Jung Aunty. Hayi bite her nail and looked anxious.

She will found out where and when the event will held and definitely will go there, alone.

:::::::::::