A Plan that Flows

Stammi Piu Vicino

Tuesday's morning was quite peaceful to Hayi, with familiar bad and canopy, with tweeted bird from morning neighbourhood, the company of pillow she never knew could be that comfortable. She couldn't believe hayi's brother keep everything she left from their house. She was at Yunhyung and Mino's small house. She used to live there several years ago before she got moved from many jobs she applied and needed up in small apartment near from Jaewon's house. Oh right, Jaewon. She needed to clear everything with agency and some other talk, though then last time she said to stop meeting her and pretend like stranger when they happen to meet each other in the future. She must swallow her pride, she needed to. She wanted to clear everything straight, someone was trying to kill her and she probably know who but still she wanted to make it clear so that she knew that this was serious. She nodded as she sure about her next step and plan. She had gain strength and ready to take any risk, someone should be blamed for her mother mental damage and she needed found Jung aunty, the person who took care of mother for several years. Sure she needed to do it silently, she would not going make her brother worry. She still looked at her room canopy and inhale deeply. Before everything she need to do something, she needed a job. She rose up from her bed and stretch to loosen her body tense.

It couldn't be more perfect at that fine morning when your brother prepare you breakfast, the just like duo chef who was fighting with kitchen and ingredients, they were not the best cooker just like Seunghoon oppa -Mino's best friend- who used to cook her steak but guess they could learn from him. They not used to cook, they were raising with helper in their house that Hayi refuse to call them maids but it was been six years since they forced to do everything by their self, they used to it. Hayi was welcomed by them by morning greeting, and back to their ingredients she did not know what they will going to cook but surely it had something to do with bread and smoked beef and did not forget eggs and sausages probably just simple sandwich. Man with busy job like them tend to make something special. Hayi sat in kitchen counter and watched their moving back in synchronized it was not easy meal but why did they so extra especially Mino this brother always make Hayi laugh with his extra but of course still s scary brother with his charm. She realised that she had been missed them this past six years a lot, she did not know that quit her job with Jaewon and after everything she knew about her father, she could gather back together with them.

The sandwich that looked not to edible finally arrived with burn bread and too much margarine. Hayi laugh and they looked unpleased.

"Eat what you served. Doesn't father teach you this?" Mino with strong eye gaze critic Hayi behaviour towards food.

"You should know who the food comes from first." Tough that she was arguing his statement she still grabbed fork and knit and sliced her sandwich. It turned out that the look and the taste has not in harmony. Hayi giggled again and enjoy her meal.

"It is not the best look, but we are better at cooking now you know. Seunghoon hyung always came here and teaches us." Yunhyung finally spoke and prise his self-ability.

"Seunghoon hyung still come? Isn't she busy with his designer stuff?" Hayi asked with sandwich full at creating a funny tone and cute expression.

"Hmm, he also thank you to make Jaewon use his brand." Mino looked at her laptop while talking the files seemed couldn't leave him free.

"Yeah, he's already famous I don't see why he is being modest like that." Their breakfast comeback into silence, Yunhyung with all the medical books and Mino with laptop and files spread on table.

"Oh right, what will you do after this? I mean looking for a Job or still with Jaewon?" The last option made everyone shivered the income from the job was big but not again, not being with someone who was busy as hell.

"No, Jeewon's former manager already discharged and healthy. I already thought about it. I think I will worked in Hoesoek oppa's restaurant." Hayi eat slowly and classy chewed her sandwich deliciously. Mino put down her fork and knife little too hard and both Yunhhying and Hayi shuddered about Mino's sudden act, but deep inside Hayi's heart hiding under the calm face she actually looked tense as she gulped nervously. Yunhyung just confused and looked at Mino.

"What are you planning?" Mino turned cold and his deep voice was heard very tense.

"What, you don't know Hoesoek? His restaurant is famous." Hayi menaged to look calm, she will not let Mino knew what her exact plan.

"I know Hoesoek and his restaurants, I also do know that restaurant is near with our former company. I took you to stay away from that place Hayi and don't you dare disobey my order." Mino sound double cold and scary. Yunhyung gasped finally figured what had happen with Mino. He looked at Hayi disbelieve.

"Yunhyung oppa, Hoesoek is my friend he will give me a place. I don't plan on anything. Besides, I am an adult now I know what is right for me and what is wrong." Rather than explaining her self-defence to Mino, Yunhyung looked less scary so she talked with him instead.

"Do not talk to him, talk to me. What is your intention?" Hayi knew that having argument with her oldest brother was useless unless you had very firm reason.

"I need a job and I found a restaurant and it turns out it is belong to Hoesoek oppa. I don't even know that place near father's building." Hayi tried to persuade Mino as certain as she could because if not, she won't let her move.

"Let her be" Yunhyung entered the intense conversation and seemed defending Hayi. She smiled ear to ear after heard Yunhyung. "But remember, if something happen I will cage you in this house." She knew that Yunhyung will defend her somehow it always happen anyway Yunhyung just couldn’t take Hay's beautiful and begging eyes.

"You have my words." That morning ended with them went out from their house together and head to different place.

:::::::::

The tall building was not easy being ignored, it was so stood out among another building. It was part of her childhood, sometimes when she had to visit her father for homework or avoid school. There were many welcome hands there, the aunty that used to holding her hands and give her simple but fun tour, bought ice cream and ate it on the rooftop. She still remembered the wind that used to blow on that place, winter, summer, spring and fall she reckon it as it was just yesterday. She stood on the main road edge and looked it with unexplained gaze, what she up to, what her plan? It was pretty crowd in busy road with all the fancy car and people with dandy, neat, colourful and fancy fashion style was in there entering another building to another. She inhaled and shake her head, forced her main back to reality, she looked at the big building near the company that used to be hers, it was restaurant of one of her good place, she hoped that she will give her a place to work, money was not her priority anymore. Last night she memorised the man Kang Chull face, posture and read all the article about him. She had learnt about him, of course in secret. Hoesoek restaurant was a perfect place to observe him from distance, just in case something strange happened. Her priority was to take revenge of her mother cause of illness and she knew it was him she just need to find Aunt Jung to confess.

Hayi stood in front of Hoesoek restaurant and cafe. She looked pretty nervous there, she gulped couple times. She did not expect that his restaurant could be this crowd it was big and cosy with restaurant in base floor and cafe on second floor. Cafe was a trend these day. Hoesoek seemed had a good taste it was cosy and fancy such wonderful place. She finally open the door and went straight to the office room, even though it was a crowd place the employee was not many probably just around ten but she did not know about kitchen. She wanted to straight to the office but it seemed like it was hard to find. This place was great but office room seemed hidden somewhere. There were some paintings and vintage thing nailed on the wall, glass made wall on the outside of the restaurant and artistic stair near the entrance. Hayi grinned, Hoesoek had been working hard and it was worth it. That place was splendid, he paid attention to every detail.

"Excuse me, which way headed to office room?" She asked a waitress who just passed it was a very beautiful young girl with a cheerful expression on her face.

"Oh, it is on second floor. You are the one who wanted to apply right? Chief is waiting for you. I am sorry but could you find the room by yourself I am little busy. It was in the most corner of the room." She said politely without long pause, with a cheerful tone and cute expression. Hayi couldn’t help but to smile at her, what a nice girl.

"S....sure." Hayi little bit surprised by the way she talked. So she surprised when she finally finished her sentence.

"The door was cover by some van gough collection. It was a cover so the costumer doesn't know." She whispered at her last sentence made her even more cuter. Hayi nodded and bowed as her gratitude.

Hayi reach the second floor and it was even more awesome place, she bet that once someone entered this place he/she find hard to go. Still with glass made wall on the outside and some chairs and tables on the balcony and surrounded by flowers.

On the inside, there were many chairs and tables with different style. There was also a book sack and did not forget about all the fancy and abstract painting. Same with the restaurant, the cafe pretty much had the same crowd. After wondered couple minutes finally she found wall with full of painting, it was painting of Van Gough sun flower collection. Hay smirked and knock at the empty area if the wall. The door opened only small space. Hayi did not sure to enter or the knock again but the deep voice from the inside echo in her ears.

"Come in." Very short and sound cold. Hayi did not remember that Hoesoek has this kind of voice but she entered anyway.

Hayi pursed her eyebrow with when she found a tall man with dark skin sitting there and looking straight into her eyes. Hayi had many jobs before but why did she feel so much intimidated by him. She bowed and get closer to him and with manly gesture she told her to sit down. Quite for a while, Hayi gulped and blink nervously and avoid his eye contact. It was weird that she felt like a guilty person that just had an unforgiving crime. The silence even make Hayi was intimidated even more.

"So, Miss Choi." Somehow this man could maintain his deep and cold voice. Simple words from her lips could make Hayi looked at him with and as can as possible collected her confidence.

"Yes." Hayi answered shortly. Tough that he had deep voice but the long Hayi look at him the more she realised his gaze was not that intimidating his eyes looked nice and somehow reflect kindness in it.

Heavy footsteps suddenly heard on the room, and in reaction The Man in front her showed palm face and pressed his lips hard. Hayi could see his dimples on those cheeks, he looked less scary now. Hayi looked back after did little observation on the man's face.

"Hayi~~~" with his familiar cheerful voice Hayi grinded and chuckle little bit. That was him, her friend Hoesoek with a casual looking fashion he always wore. Hayi remembered him now that he was hugging Hayi so tight. After he felt enough and realised that Hayi's bone could crush he freed her and sat on the empty chair next to her. "I have missed you. How are you?"

"I am fine."

"Good. Wait, did you just interviewed by him?" Hoesoek index finger appointed the man in front of them. Hayi did not answered as she was not sure if those very short conversation was an interviewed. he just looking belweird. "Seriously Namjoon?" Hoesoek looked the person called Namjoon disbelief.

"No, oppa. It is ok. Oppa, can I ask a favour?"

"Hayi, I'll pick a star for you." Hayi giggled and Namjoon looked so done.

"Let me work here if you have position" Hayi finally spoke between her giggled.

"Of course Hayi, you called me last night. But manager position is filled here. Hayi there an empty seat in Busan." Hoesoek felt sorry that the high position was already filled in there.

"No, it is fine. I could be a waitress here or whatever. I want to work here." Hayi insisted on working on their obviously because there was a reason.

"Is it ok?" Hoesoek asked Hayi if she certain with her decision.

"Yes." Hayi nodded anthusicatly.

"Ok, then. Whatever you want. Oh yeah this is Namjoon and is the manager here." Hoesoek faced Namjoon and introduced him to her. She greeted Namjoon properly and politely. "Do not so polite Hayi. You could be informal with anybody here. I give you a permission." Hoesoek grinned and show her white teeth. Hayi felt so impressed by how Hoesoek did not even change a bit.

"It is not polite oppa."

"Tell me if someone mean to you then." Hoesoek looked at Namjoon while talked to Hayi with narrow gaze. Pretty sure he meant that Namjoon could probably mean to her even Hayi did not know why. Namjoon just smirked and rolled his eyes. "Now go home and rest. You can work tomorrow. I'll introduce you to everyone early morning before we open."

:::::::::

It was good that Hoesoek let Hayi rest before enrolled tomorrow. Today she actually had plan to go to Jaewon and bid farewell. Hayi really used to Bus station right now, it has this kind of feeling when you watch everyone with their own business, the feeling of you actually survived on this cruel world. Hayi always thanks to god every day. Man that so busy that all he looked was his watch and she bumped a girl with coffe. Hayi smiled and looked all the interaction, she could be the one the man bumped if she still work on Jaewon, and Jaewon will nag Hayi about how clumsy Hayi was. He could probably cursed the man if necessary but ended giving Hayi a pair of cloths anyway. Hayi smiled to the ground, to the sky, to the tree that loses its leaves, to the bus that approaching. She was going to meet Jaewon as his friend this time.

Arriving at the agency gave you nerve, she remembered the first time she about to work there, the feeling she will never forget. She entered with confidence.

All the employee there greeted Hayi with silence bow and welcome smile. It must be the same reaction as when the first time she entered but Hayi was too nervous to notice. She went straight to the CEO office as already had appointment with him. His assistant told her to wait little bit and finally assist her into the agency main office.

It was his second time meeting her CEO, he was hard to meet and Hayi had no intention to meet him in regular daily day because it means something wrong with Jaewon and she was the one who will scold. She bow very politely that her head almost kissed her knee and finally looked at him. Somehow she felt Deja vu with Namjoon that early morning. Her former CEO smiled at her and told her to sit down, precisely the same when the first time she met him.

"Hayi, hai. How are you? I heard you had to spend night in hospital?" Her CEO had this strange way of talking that it sound complicated.

"I am fine now chief. Thanks you."

"Jaewon gave you hard time is he? I really pity a tiny girl like you taking care of that full of tamper kid, but I have no choice. Now you have to resign, such bad thing happen, but his former manager already recover so we could not call it unfortunate event. But I am so curios about how you handle Jaewon, he somehow become somehow an obedient kid. Is something happening between you two?" His CEO narrowed his eyes and throw suspicious gaze to Hayi.

Hayi rose her eyebrow and blinked rapidly. "What do you mean chief? There is nothing between us." Hayi denied her CEO ridiculous statement although it was not a lie. There was something between them, in the past.

"I was just kidding. Thankyou anyway that you return Jaewon into his nature self." Her CEO showed his fatherly smile to Hayi and she returned his smile with another smile from Hayi.

Hayi shorten her meeting with her former CEO, although she was not his employee anymore talking with someone like him always hard to her that she was an awkward person. When she closed the door she smiled with ease. She will not going to do the scalp work anymore, picking someone drunk in the middle of night and ordered stuff, dealing with another CEO's and movie, drama, and commercial producer. Dealing with style and make up new days for a single man when she has no time to take care of herself. Her shoulder and step also very light that day. She had to leave everything and focus on his problem, tough that it was lighter to release from this scalp job, she also realised that her life was about to change that she will reclaim what belongs to her and it will ten times harder than all this entertainment industry. She passed the corridor and met someone she least likely to meet but wanted to clear something from him. Jung Jaewon.

Here they were in the smallest cafe around company. They sat with facw look at each other, just two of them while Jaewon's manager sat at the other side of the table. He understood that there will be any serious conversation he shouldn't hear, hence he gave them privacy.

No one move, only shoulder up and down as they breathing. On the table the coffee they ordered barely touched, almost got cold. Hayi the one who asked Jaewon to talk, once for all she thought. She looked around and convince herself, after took deep breath she finally found the courage, she wanted to apologize officially to him.

"I am sorry." Surprisingly the one who apologize was Jaewon, Hayi's eyes went wide then her brows pursed. She looked surprised more than confused. Hayi did not respond, as she was did not expect that. "I am so sorry about that night. About lately I've done to you." He continued after long pause.

"I should the one who apologize." Hayi finally spoke and they look at each other. This time without tense, without any formality, there were only gentle gaze in there that kind of suit that cloudy weather of fall.

"No need to, I was so immature back then, I was so blind of furious did not know what you have been through, I only thought about myself. I am sorry. I understood why did you do that, and I forgive you. Now, would you please forgive me for what I did to you?" They talked more comfortable now, just like long friends without awkward atmosphere.

"I.." Hayi stopped and lost in deep gaze, she fell into deep thought and Jaewon looked like he wanted to follow where Hayi mind landed but failed.

"Hayi, I am truly sorry. You can have my words." Jaewon convinced Hayi that he had intention to fix everything.

"I forgive you long before." She smiled

"Are we settle down now?" Jaewon pupil shake and anxious.

"I don't know terms your 'settle down' means."

"Friends?"

Hayi nodded convinced him. Hayi felt that no more conversation needed on that day with Jaewon so she bowed down and asked for permission. She quite satisfied when she walked out of the coffee shop, not that she in good terms with Jaewon, she felt relieved that she and Jaewon apologize each other and Hayi thought that she won't be able meet Jaewon now, but she did not realized that on the inside coffee shop Jaewon grinned from ear to ear, for him it was a new beginning for him, he had a plan to make Hayi back to his side.