I'll Keep You Safe

Que Sera Sera "Whatever will be, will be.."

 

His slap rendered me silent and helpless. Large tears brimmed in my eyes but I forced myself not to cry. Don’t cry. Don’t cry, Chaerin. I can’t help but feel scared as he dragged me harshly across the road. I didn’t shout for help. I just kept my mouth shut since I don’t want the guy to hurt me again. If I make him angry, who knows what might happen to me? I sneakily dropped a card on the ground, hoping that someone would find it. I always brought it with me because it’s actually an emergency card or something useful to ask for aid. On one side, the big text “HELP” was printed and on its back side, my picture, together with my profile was indicated. I hope someone finds it T.T

I didn’t notice that we were already in a houseless area… well, not really houseless because I can see one right now. It looked nice. It gave me the impression of a cottage in a countryside. Aigoo, Chaerin. Someone has kidnapped you and here you are, admiring your kidnapper’s house?  Upon reaching the front porch of the house, he pressed the bell and immediately gave me a crazed grin.  I looked away at once.

He pressed the bell again and again as if he was rushing to do something I hope doesn’t concern me. The door opened, revealing an annoyed face of a handsome man. “The people inside aren’t deaf you know!! We could--” he suddenly stopped when he saw me. “Who is she?” he looked at Taecyeon, my kidnapper.  

“Some girl I found outside.” He grabbed my chin and made me face him. I jerked his hand away but he only tightened his hold on my face, then he turned my face to both sides, as if examining my look. “She’s pretty. I bet she’s good on bed too.” My eyes widened in shock and a gasp escaped my lips as my heart sped up to an uncontrollable rate and my body shook in fear. No. This isn’t happening. Taecyeon pulled his hand away from my face and pushed my body towards his. I could feel his hunger; I knew he was up to no good. And I knew that sooner or later, I would be left vulnerable.

“Stop blocking the way, Khun.” he rudely told the handsome guy in front of us. So his name is Khun? I looked at him with eyes pleading for help. His angelic face was enough to make me believe that he can help me cut and run from this place.

 My hope was shattered when he stepped aside and smirked at Taecyeon. “Sure. Have fun.”

 

--

 

“Where is she, oppa?” Minzy’s voice was threatening. A couple of hours had passed and there was still no sign of Chaerin. She made Jiyong return back home when she found out that Chaerin wasn’t in their apartment. “She should be home by now!!” Daesung had to wrap his arms around Minzy in order to stop her from jumping onto Jiyong.

“I already told you, Mingkki-ah!” Jiyong replied in disbelief. “I went to the club. I even asked her to come with me but she refused and insisted to go back here!  Maybe she’s just strolling at the park or shopping for groceries! Who knows??”

“That’s my problem!! ‘WHO KNOWS’!! Who knows what could have happened to her on her way back! Why did you even go to a club in mid-daylight! ?You’re so stupid! How can you leave a girl alone at a dangerous place!!! Ahhhh!!!” Minzy stomped her feet in annoyance. She glared at Jiyong and snapped her head up to Daesung. “Let’s look for her!”

“Ah! Ne, ne.. kaja..” Daesung hurriedly left with Minzy, leaving a bemused Jiyong.

“I need to find you.” Jiyong uttered to no one in particular. “Chaerin, you little--” he hissed as he made his way out.

--

 

“Eat up. You’ll need energy for later.” Taecyeon smirked as he tossed a plateful of food. I swallowed the lump on my throat and pushed the plate away. “I’m not hungry,” I said.

“Eat up.” He insisted with a stern voice.

“I told you I’m not hungry!”

“Fine! Go starve yourself and be a weakling later on. That’s not gonna make me pity you and stop myself from doing what I want of you.” He chuckled and I murdered him in my thoughts.

“Hey!” a guy suddenly sat beside me. “What’s your name?” I only looked at him, thinking if I should give him my name or not. After a couple of seconds, I sighed. What’s the importance of them not knowing my name or not? I don’t get it.

“Chaerin.” was my reply in a dull tone. My eyes were just fixed on the table.

“Hey, Chae! I’m Wooyoung! Nice to meet you!” He said cheerfully.

“Hey…”

“Why are you here?” he asked. “Are you a friend of hyung?”

“No. He kidnapped me.” And I wonder what’s taking my ‘savior’ so long.

“He what!???!” the Wooyoung guy exclaimed. I don’t know if he’s only faking his shocked expression because as Taecyeon’s friend, he should know what his friend is doing, right? “No wonder you’re different!!”

“Huh?” I turned to Wooyoung, wanting to ask him further about what he just said. “Different??”

“Yeah, I mean… you’re different!” he was like a kid. His face, the way he talks…

“I heard you the first time. But what do you mean by different?”

“Oh.” He scratched his head, grinning. “What I mean is that, umm, well… hyung often brings home girls but… you’re not actually like those s. Oh, I mean girls.” He tilted his head from left to right and examined me. “So you’re not Taecyeon hyung’s buddy?”

“OF COURSE NOT!!” The term made me groan. buddy!?! Is he really planning to make me his buddy??! It’s a bit weird but I’m not feeling scared, to be honest. It’s like I know I’m going to be saved. Like someone’s going to protect me. Wooyoung, can you save me from your friend? “He won’t be able to touch me. I’ll burn him alive!!”

“Ah, he’s my friend. I won’t let you burn him alive.” Wooyoung shrugged as he sneered.

“Pst.” I nudged his arm and looked away.

“What?” From the corner of my eye, I could see his eyes and mouth turn wide. He’s like a little child, really.

“Please, help me escape from here.” I whispered. He’s my only hope now. He seems like the only person in this place who’s nice enough to bring me out. “I just need you to pry their attention away from me. That isn’t such a hard job, is it?”

“Nope.  I’ll do it but I can’t.”

“Why!?!?” Does he need anything in exchange? Money? Gadgets? Jewelries?! “What should I give you in order for you to help me?” Wooyoung was giving me a serious look as he eyed my body. Don’t tell me—

“Promise me one thing,” he nodded his head once as if confirming a decision in his mind.

 “Tell me.”

Wooyoung used his index finger to motion me to lean closer to him. Then, he held my shoulder and whispered in my ear. I gasped and covered my mouth in qualm. He really wants me to do that? Well.. if that’s the only thing I could do to save myself from his hyung, then… deal. -_-

 

--

Jiyong was filled with worry when he saw Chaerin’s card on the ground. Something happened. She’s in danger. Jiyong looked around. He just noticed that the place is creepy, and to leave Chaerin alone here was his mistake. He smacked his head repeatedly while cursing himself over and over.

“She must be here somewhere.” Jiyong said before running to where his feet would lead him.

 

Jiyong looked everywhere for her. Chaerin was just around the place, oddly, he could feel it. He’d shout for her name and ask the people in the area if they had seen a girl. He insists that they look at the picture closely and perhaps they might have seen her.

 Screaming in frustration, Jiyong failed to notice the house at the side.

“CHAERIN-AH!!!!” he screamed her name but there was no response.

“LEEEEEEEEE CHAEEEEERIN~”

 

“Jiyong?! Jiyong!!” Jiyong immediately searched for the source of the familiar voice. It’s Chaerin!

“Chae?!??! Where are you?!” He yelled but received no reply. Is it really Chaerin? Or is he just imagining her crying out for help?

“Ji!”

“WHERE ARE YOU?!!?”

“Yah! Run!!!!” Chaerin suddenly appeared from behind him, running and catching for her breath. She ran past Jiyong and screamed again, “RUN!!!”

“Chaerin! I’ve finally found you!” A smile broke out from Jiyong’s face when he saw her. “I thought something bad--”

“RUN JIYONG RUN!!”

“Huh?” he asked, confused.

“RUUUUUN!!!!” Chaerin was already meters away from him but he still didn’t do what she instructed him to do. “Jiyong!”

“Yah!” someone kicked Jiyong from behind. “Do you know that lady?” Jiyong groaned in pain as he turned around.

“Who are you!” he was suddenly on violent mode. He fearlessly approached the big guy so that they were face to face and snapped his neck, preparing to throw a punch.

“None of your biz.” He hissed and looked away. “Chaerin!!” he howled which made the girl stop from running. “I haven’t ed you yet and now you’re running away??” He chuckled and was about to walk to her when Jiyong grabbed his arm and pushed him back in his place.

“The !” The guy pushed Jiyong’s shoulders which made him stumble a bit.

“Were you trying to her?” Jiyong asked coldly.

“It’s not called . It’s having fun. Wae? Are you---” Jiyong kicked the guy in his stomach and struck a blow with his fist. He felt his blood boil at the guy’s motive towards Chaerin, that he cannot stop himself from punching the guy.  

“Jiyong! Stop!” He heard Chaerin scream as she ran to them, obviously wanting to stop them from fighting.

“Bastard!” Taecyeon fought back by punching Jiyong’s abdomen. Jiyong fell on the ground as he groaned in pain. He felt dizzy and Taecyeon hit him again. He didn’t stop his attacks on Jiyong, but instead, gave him harder blows. Chaerin was starting to panic. She knew she had to stop Taecyeon or worse things might happen to Jiyong.

“Eoddeoke…” Chaerin cried. She found a big rock on the side of the road and she quickly ran and seized it. She looked at Jiyong who was being punched by Taecyeon and teared up at the sight of him getting hurt because of her. “Hyaaaah!” she smacked the rock on Taecyeon’s head causing him to fall on the ground.

“Jiyong? Jiyong?!?” she cupped his face in her hands and tears automatically flowed from her eyes.

He only gave her a small smile as he touched the hand that was touching his cheek. “It’s my fault you were in trouble…” he coughed out blood which scared Chaerin more. “A-are you hurt? … Did that b-bassss-tard t-touch you?” he has gotten weak and his voice became a whisper.

“No, I’m perfectly fine…” Chaerin cried.

“Good.” He laughed at her crying face only to grunt afterwards. He was hurt.

“Yah, let’s get you out of here.” Chaerin searched for Jiyong’s phone in his pockets and tried to call her sister but there was no signal. “Damn it.” Her hands were already shaking as she saw more blood come out from Jiyong’s bruises.

“Don’t cry. That’s not like you.” Jiyong said.

“Shut up! You’re hurt!”

“At least you’re not.” His words sounded so sincere. Chaerin’s brows furrowed at the sight of him hurting. She didn’t want this. She wanted to take away the pain. It was her fault that he ended up in this state. “ I don’t care if I’m hurt as long as you’re not.”

 

 

 

---

 

Readers, still there? T.T

Here's an update for you!! Huhu no time to check this. I need to be aftk as in.. rn. I'll edit the errors later. Please leave comments? So I'll know you're still interested in this story.. ?__? T_T Thank you to the new subscribers!! I love youuuu!! <33