Chapter One ;Episode Two

Cinderella's Sister (신데렐라 언니)

Chapter One ;Episode Two

Now Mi Sook is here to recover it, and Jessica leads her to her home, chattering happily all the way. As soon as they near the vicinity of the house, two ajummas greet Jessica worriedly. Her father’s on a rampage, and they urge her home quickly.

This is because Jessica is the only one who has the ability to calm her father down when he’s in a snit. Jung Dae Sung, the owner of the makgulli enterprise, is furious with his employees for making a subpar batch of the rice wine, which he deems unfit to sell. “This isn't wine! This isn't wine! This is a **** water.” In a fury, he breaks the earthen jars and scolds them all for their inferior work.

Jessica jumps in and urges her father to calm down. Kneeling before him, she tells him “Appa, out of those men in their knees half of them are my friend's dads.” And Jessica cries over this. Jessica stares at her Father's reactions, and is relieved ,”Dad, Hmm? Huh?” And does many aegyo to make his father calm down. Dae Sung, then walks out. He’s a gruff man, but he dotes on his only daughter, and the dour mood is lifted.

Watching all this is Mi-sook, who hangs back uncertainly. The ajummas cluck disapprovingly, saying “He wasn't this brutal when his wife is still alive. All of you must be starving, go eat now.”.

At mention of this — and the grandness of the estate — Mi-sook’s interest is piqued.

You can practically see the gold-diggery gears turning in her brain as she files all this information away. Jessica darts into the house for a moment to search for the ring, trying to remember where she put it.

I haven't opened mom's box for a long time, so I think it would not be there.” Jessca said and grabs a box, beneath her bed. Jessica smiled upon seeing this, She stares at the picture of she and her mom and gives it a kiss.

Ah! My bag from the school camp!” Jessica said as she remembers.

Mi-sook had been irritable and snappish on the walk here, but now she adjusts her attitude and tries to sweet-talk the ajummas, offering to help with their work. They have no idea who she is and eye her suspiciously, declining her offer. Mi-sook persists, and in so doing she accidentally gets in the way of some water being thrown out and ends up a sopping, fishy-smelling mess. Jessica was startled to see, Jessica gives Mi-sook a change of clothing. As nothing else is available, it turns out to be a dress once belonging to her dead mother.

When Jessica sees the lady in her mother’s dress, she gapes at the sight, unexpectedly moved. All she can say is “You’re really beautiful,” struck with how much Mi-sook reminds her of her mother. Her eyes slowly fill with tears and her voice trembles, explaining, “The clothes really look good on you.”

Mi-Sook is startled to see Jessica crying and wipes her tears away gently. She pats the girl’s head and draws her in a hug. Jessica, feeling a tug at this reminder of a mother’s touch, asks her to pat her on the head again, and hugs her close.

Finally recalling that she left the ring in her travel bag, Jessica asks her uncle if knows where it is “Samchon (uncle), Have you seen my bag from the school camp? My bag from the school camp, that Ki Hoon oppa gave me, and has a checkered design.”

He offers to retrieve it for her, but she urges him instead, “Hide it for me. Hide it deeply somewhere.

~

Hearing that Dae-sung scolded his daughter fiercely when he heard that she was entrusted with a ring from a stranger, Mi-sook offers to explain the situation. She enters Dae-sung’s office with a demure air, and he stares at her in surprise — not only is she lovely, she’s wearing his deceased wife’s dress. If any thing's going to prod him to look at her as a woman, this is it.

I heard you scold her severely for making her hold things that isn't her, and to someone she doesn't know.” Mi-sook said as she tried to be soft.

Dae-sung was still strucked and stutters as he speaks, “But that is someone her age.”

Yes. I'm her mother.” Mi-sook answered. “There were circumstances for taking that place, but I can assure you that it wasn't anything bad. There's nothing I can do, If you won't believe. But I truly apologize.”

Mi Sook then comes closer to Dae-sung who was still strucked and mesmerized, “And? This might make you uncomfortable but, I have a favor to ask you. Of course, if you have to refuse, I will understand.” Mi Sook then sighed and looked away, “Your Daughter told me that , she loaned my bag with my item in it to a friend who wenr somewhere far. She says it'll take time before she recovers that bag. And there is nowhere to go. Would you give me a job while I wait for it? It can be kitchen work or anything else.”

~

Back at Kyuhyun’s house, Tiffany waits anxiously in her room, where the drunk man is sitting at her door. Having a conversation with Tiffany.

The drunk ajusshi believes that Mi-sook has left him again, but Tiffany insists that her presence is proof that Mi-sook is going to come back. “I said it wasn't true! I'm still here!” Tiffany said firing back to what the Drunk Man said. “As long as I'm here there's no way my MOM won't come back! She said whatever she needs it's gonna take some time.”

Do you believe your mom?” The Drunk man asked.

What did you say?” Tiffany asked throwing a sharp stare.

Just because you're here, you really believe she'll return?”

Of course.” Tiffany said with confidence.

The drunk man sighed, “Has your mother ever abandoned you?”. Tiffany stares at the Drunk man, “No! She will never do that.” but it’s clear that this pricks at her own uncertainty. She tries to tamp down that thought, insisting that her mother has never abandoned her, but she’s assailed by the fear that he may be right.

~

Back at the Jung estate, Jessica races home excitedly, her middle finger stuck straight in the air. It’s not a vulgar gesture — rather, she has gotten a splinter stuck in her finger and is excited to have this excuse for some motherly attention. She beelines for Mi-sook and announces happily, “I’m hurt!”

When Mi-sook pulls the splinter out, Jessica grabs the shard and tucks it away, wanting to preserve it as a keepsake. Then, eager for some more maternal bonding, she leans into Mi-sook and raises the woman’s hand to pat her on the head.

That evening, Mi-sook takes another step toward her goal, using a torn buttonhole as an excuse to approach Dae-sung and touch his shirt. She can sense his attraction to her, but given his awkwardness with his feelings, she takes things slowly.

She asks Dae-sung for directions to the market, so that she can buy materials to pack Jessica’s lunch. Even though it’s far, she says she is fine walking. Of course that will not do, so Dae-sung brings out his bicycle, and offers her a ride.

Modestly, Mi-sook says she can go alone, but accepts the ride. Along the way, she lightly kicks the back wheel to cause the bike to lurch, enabling her to grab his torso before pulling back, feigning embarrassment. A few moments later, she gives the wheel a stronger kick, enabling a longer embrace this time. And finally, a third kick sends them tumbling to the ground.

Yet all is not hunky-dory, because Jessica’s uncle does not approve of this growing relationship. Siwon comes upon Hyo-sun sobbing alone, and she wails, “Uncle gave her the ring!” Jessica cries louder and louder.

~

Dae-sung read the letter , “Thank You – Hwang Mi Sook”

With no excuse keeping her here, Mi-sook has to leave. Without a reason to ask her to stay, Jessica and Dae-sung have to let her go.

Siwon confronts Dae-sung, who is sorry to see Mi-sook go but too passive to do anything about it. Siwon tells him that he ought to go after her — working together, they can hit the bus and train stations and catch her before she’s gone.

I can go to the train station, and you can go to the bus depot.” Siwon suggested.

I don't want to hear anymore, You may leave.” Dae-sung told Siwon.

Jessica is so inconsolable right now.” He tells Dae-sung.

She's always like that.” Dae-sung said, trying to act cold.

I'm going to get her president.” But Siwon insists.

Dae-sung then followed, “Who do you think you are?”

Jessica has been happy lately, like when she's seven years old. And now she's a seven year old who is away from her mom.”

Would you just close your mouth and be quiet?” Dae-sung scolded Siwon, upon his never ending words. “She left without saying a word. How could she do that? Why go after someone like that?”

Whatever you think, I'm going to the train station.” Siwon said leaving Dae-sung, guilty.

Siwon and Jessica head for the train station. His words are enough to prod Dae-sung to seek out the bus stop, where Mi-sook waits for her ride.

You're leaving?” Dae-sung asks, just right before Mi-sook enters the bus. “How can you leave like this? After stealing the heart of a child.”

I've caused you much burden.” Mi Sook speaks, and bows to Dae-sung.

She's crying, I tell you.”

My own child might also be crying.” Mi-sook said.

You can bring her here.” Dae-sung said,desperate to bring Mi-sook back home.

Mi-sook then looked away, “The man I was with is holding on to her. It won't be easy to bring her here.”

I say I bring her here. I will!” Dae Sung said. He’ll go and retrieve her, so they can both live here.

Is it just for Jessica? Are you only asking me to stay for Jessica's sake?” Mi-sook asks, Just to make things absolutely clear, Mi-sook asks if Dae-sung’s response is purely out of concern for Jessica's sake

He gulps, then grabs her in a hug.

 

[Author's Message: Merry Christmas, I know it's still boring since there are a lot who doesn't comment. So sorry for making it boring. But I hope you comment, a simple . Update Soon would do.

SILENT READERS. Anyways

NEXT CHAPTER will be SIFANY <3 :) you please leave your comments. ]

This Chapter is UNEDITED as of December 25, 2o11.