Prologue

The Awakening

Screams of horror could be heard from the white house right across the street.  The white house may look innocent on the outside, but once you're inside the thick walls every image of that innocent house will fade away.  

Normal people would already call the police or scream for help, but not the people from sector 2. This was there daily life.  

The people of sector 2 are used to endless screams, pain ans slavery. It was just how there world works. They didn't know any better. They just ignored the screams and continued walking to there destination. Slowy but steady they walked away from the screams.

 

Until there was one girl that stood still among the massive stream of people. She looked the same as all the other people, long brown hair tied in a pony tail, a blanc look on her face and black clothes on her body. The only difference was her Hellious mark on her body. Beautiful silver curly tattoos run over half of her body. Decorating her body like some sort of jewerly. 

When she walked trough the sunstreams the sun reflected on the silvery curls. Giving the illusion of a glow on her body. But of course she had to hide these tattoos. Nobody could know that she was Kim Nana. The only child of dictator Kim Jihan, king of sector 2.  If people find out who she is, they would walk away from her. They would fear her like she was one of the most evil monster existing on this planet. Eventhough she definitely wasn't.

That is why she covered her hands with black gloves and her body with black clothes hiding amongst the cloud like everyone else. 

Staring at the white building in front of her shivers run trough her body.

She knew this house very well, the house of torture. This house was used for the people whose aura didn't fit the great aura of sector 2, for people who were just straight up weak.

She didn't admit it to anybody, but she had been here very often.

The great princess of sector 2 with only the power of healing? No, nobody could know.  If anybody would hear of this news, she was sure that she wouldn't see the next sunset.

That is why Jihan decided to bring his own daughter to this house. 'Training' her in hope that she would get rid of her weak element and learn to control a much stronger element. Of course this was impossible. You couldn't just get rid of a element you were born with and her father knew this very well. 

 

Taking one last glance to the house Nana decided to be brave once more and walked towards the big red door at the entrance of the house. Taking a few slow steps before finally knocking on the door. After a few seconds the door opened showing a very bulky man at the entrance.

''Who are you, and what are you here for?'' The stern voice of the man brought Nana out of her thoughts.

Nana immediately rolled up her sleeves, showing her tattoos to the man. Without looking twice the man brought her inside.

''You will know the way from here.'' Only nodding to the man Nana walked towards the small room at the end of the hallway. Of course, she knew the way here. She has been her way to many times before.

Walking inside the room and closing the door behind her, she took a seat at the chair behind the table. She already saw one of her fathers man at the other side of the table. Before Nana could sit properly the man already started talking.

'' So, we will see if today is your lucky day. First of we will see if you can control fire, stand for the door and make a fireball.'' Without complaining Nana walked towards the door.  Closing her eyes she started to imagine a fireball in her hands. Only to face reality when she opened her eyes and nothing was in her hands. Trying again and again without succes she eventually stopped.

'' You know what will happen if you don't succeed right?'' The man asked, already taking his whip.

Only nodding with her head Nana took her shirt off and walked towards the for the brick wall. Her back was covered with a lot of scars, some of them very old. Some where from burns others from whippings. Today was a day she probably would receive a new one.

This was another one of fathers training. '' If you can't learn normally, you will feel to learn it'' This praise was said over and over again when she was little.

Taking a deep breath the first whipping could be felt. Not showing any emotion Nana continued to receive several beatings. She knew that if see would show any emotion the beating would ony get worse. Closing her eyes she could already feel her blood slowly dropping from her back. Holding her tears, she waited untill it would be finally over.

 

Holding her back whilst walking outside the building Nana finally gave in.

Sitting on the side of the street she let her tears out. Crying until there weren't any tears left to be shed. She was sick of this. Sick of her father treating people like objects, not caring if he hurt them of not. Sick of not having the power to fight against him. She was sick of everything.

Just now was one of the examples of their society. Nobody helped her, nobody even gave a look at her crying self. They just ignored it, like they ignored everything.

Grabbing her back again she walked towards the only save place she knew, her home. Eventhough she could walk into her father, that didn't scare her. In her house she was treated as princess Nana. So even if her father wanted to do something, he couldn't. He could not shed the image of the great King. What also meant he could not disgrace his daughter. She was his blood after all.

Arriving at home she walked immediately to her room. Taking off her shirt and taking the the bandages to place them all around her back. She knew they would leave fresh scars.

It was a shame that she couldn't heal herself. Nana was quite a skilled healer but the one thing she couldn't do was healing herself.

Muttering to herself '' in this kind of situations healing yourself would be very handy, maybe my father is right afteral and am I just a weakling''.

Realising what she just said, Nana quickly patted het mouth. Her father would never be right. She must not think like that. 

After changing her bandages, Nana walked towards her father office. She had to report how her training went today.

She knew she would get yelled at again, because her trainng was unsuccesfull.

Seeing Madam Jung walking towards her Nana greeted her with a smile. '' Ow, Nana! How are you? Are you eating well, you look so skinny.'' Madam Jung said with a pout on her face.

'' I am doing fine, just a bit tired I guess.'' Nana scratched the back of her neck.

Madam Jung was one of the only nice persons she knew. She often heard story's about her mother from Madam Jung. Since Nana never knew her mother, Madam Jung took her place. Spoiling her when nobody was around.

'' Ah, I see you are going to your father? I think you have to wait a bit, he is talking to some very important people right know, but I guess you can wait in the hallway. He loves to see you!'' Madam Jung told with a smile on her face.

The last words made Nana cringe a bit. Madam Jung wouldn't know what happened behind the facade of her father. Eventhough Nana thanked Madam Jung with a smile and continued her way towards her fathers room. 

 

Standing before the door Nana heard various people talking. They must be the important people Madam jung was talking about.

'' Jihan, I have completed it as you ordered. The portal is ready for use, but we can't control the destination yet.'' One of the people with a low voice said.

''Portal?'' Nana thought to herself. She suddenly got curious and leaned her ear carefully against the door.

'' What do you mean you can't set the destination yet!! We must go to sector 1. That way we can destroy Junsu and his pathetic people!'' Jihans shout made Nana flince a bit, but she kept listening.

'' We have the portal ready, but going in the portal will be a risk, you can land anywhere in the galaxy, we can't take that risk yet!'' The same man as before answered.

'' I don't care if people die, as long as I can see that smug smile of Junsu's face. I will do anything.'' This is why Jihan was called a dictator, he was cold and merciless, everybody in sector 2 knew about this.

Nana slowly got away from the door afraid that her father would hear her earsdropping. A portal that can travel you to anywhere... Nana's eyes widened suddenly. This portal can take her away, it can set her free! Leaning once again against the door Nana decided to listen further.

'' .. have placed the portal where you wanted me to drop it, just outside the building in the red stalls. If you want you can.... HEY!''

A loud bang could be heard on the door. While listening Nana banged her head into the door and her father took notice. With big eyes she looked at her father. Fear creeped over her and she decided to run for it. She must go into that portal. Running for her life she ran towards the stalls, but just a few seconds behind were the men of her father.

While running down the stairs she saw Madam Jung. Madam Jung looked at her with a smile on her face and nodded to Nana.

Nana didn't understand any of it untill Madam Jung suddenly said '' take care Nana, you're mother would be proud of you.'' Whitout saying anything else Madam Jung created a Shield of water, blocking the men that were after Nana. Nana stopped her tracks and looked at the shield before running to the stalls

Suddenly Nana stopped running. She couldn't let Madam Jung take the blame, she would get killed!

Running back to the stairs she saw that her father had already been involved. The image before her was terrifying. Madam Jung  had an arrow through her head, whilst her father was holding her with a smile across his face.

Her father suddenly changed his point of view and saw Nana standing at the start of the stairs.

'' Nana, come here or do you want to end as Madam Jung?'' His voice sounded very cold, colder than it has ever been. Nana froze in her place. She wanted to escape so badly, but she would most likely to get killed.

Taking one last look at Madam Jung Nana suddenly made a decision. She wouldn't let Madam Jung death be for nothing. Taking everybit of courage she has she runned for it. Running outside the building as fast as she could. Arriving at the stalles, she could she the portal right in front of her eyes. But before she could take another step she felt something cold against her neck.

'' Now, little one, did you really think you could escape from here.'' her father stood behind her with a blade against her neck.

This was it than, Nana closed her eyes thinking it was the last time she would be alive. She tought that it would be different. She would find peace somehow and live happily ever after, but not all fairytails ended with a happy ending. Preparing herself to die Nana folded het hands together waiting for the blade to slice . One second, two seconds, another second passed...

But she never felt a blade slice . She opened her eyes and suddenly saw that she was surrounded with white light. Her tattoos that were covering her body suddenly glowed up creating this almost white fog.

Looking behind her she didn't saw her father anymore. What was happening? Is this heaven?

Before she could look around any further the white lights disappeared, pulling her back to reality. Blinking her eyes to get used to the light again, she saw her father lying on the ground. He was slowly regainging his senses and was trying to stand up.

A switch in Nana suddenly turned around. She knew it this was her change, whatever created that light just know gave her a chance to freedom. Taking her last bit of energy she runned towards the portal and disapeared to somewhere unknown. 

 

When Nana opened her eyes again she saw people staring at her. Did she get captured? Why where al these people staring at her? '' Noona, you finally woke up!'' A little boy next to her said. While looking confused to the little boy a announcement was made. '' Welcome everyone to the last stop of this train, Seoul central station".

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

And with this i want to end my first chapter of the awakening!

In this chapter you get a bit of a behind story of Nana and how she ended on earth. I hope you get a bit of a idea in what kind of place Nana lived.

I hope you enjoyed it! :)