Chapter Two

Sempiternal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

On the other side of the school, destruction was everything.

It wasn’t exactly made of ganga and bullies, but it considered of trouble makers – the ones who enjoying making a racket around the school.

Sure, majority of them liked to actually have fun more than they liked school. And sure, some of them weren’t the smartest peas in the pod. But, the library wasn’t the only place where anyone would find the more intelligent students.

Kim Doyoung was the prime example.

Head of student council. Class president 4 years running. Straight A+ student. Kim Doyoung was the epitome of a model student. But that didn’t mean he automatically ‘hung out’ with the ‘nerds and geeks’.

Opening the door to his next class, Doyoung was greeted by a large grin in his face.

He sighed.

Jung Jaehyun.

“What?” Doyoung spat.

Jaehyun grinned and batted his eyes. “Did I ever tell you that you are such a kind and loving friend?”

Knowing where this was going, Doyoung sighed and gave him a crocked smile. “No, I will not give you a spear English paper.”

Frowning, Jaehyun let out a small whine. “But it’s due like now and I wrote the crappiest paper in the world of English papers!” he complained.

“And who’s fault would that be?” Doyoung cocked his left brow.

Gripping the Student President’s shoulders and shaking him vigorously, Jaehyun yelled, “Yours!”

“Let go,” Doyoung pleaded as it sounded as if he was shooting bullets from his mouth.

“Not until you give me one of your papers.”

Doyoung rolled his eyes, finally bringing his hands to match Jaehyun’s – pulling them off his shoulders. “I already told you. I will not because I did not write another one.”

Falling to the floor, in the most Jaehyun-dramatic way, he whined, “My life is over!”

Doyoung rolled his eyes once again while he placed his hands in his pockets and stepped over Jaehyun’s dying body. Then, before he would actually walk away from Jaehyun, Doyoung kicked the back of his left heal onto the side of his stomach. Whelping in pain, Jaehyun continued to cry harder as their English teacher entered the room and began glaring at him till he would move. But Jaehyun was too focused on the floor and his English assignment to realize the teacher was in front of him. Doyoung, being slightly sneaky, snickered as he didn’t bother to tell his best friend that he was soon going to die a slow and painful death.

“Jung Jaehyun,” the English teacher sternly said.

Her voice was high yet soft and light. Even at times where she was angered or yelling at someone, it would always be hard to take her seriously, yet the still do. After all, she was their teacher, and a darn good one at that.

Freezing on the spot, Jaehyun slowly – inch by inch – rotated his head to face the terrifying voice. With a huge gulp, the edges of his mouth twitched.

“H-hey, Miss Jeong, how are you today?” he stuttered.

“English assignment?” she asked with a crooked smile, changing the topic.

“Done it,” he replied.

“Do you think you got past a C-?” she questioned.

“Nope.”

Stretching her arm out, she commanded, “Give it here, young man.”

With a sigh Jung Jaehyun sat on the floor with his legs crossed and reached for the folded paper in his left pocket. He unfolded the paper and with one last sigh, he handed her the paper.

Clutching the assignment in her hands, Miss Jeong shook her head with a gloomy expression and exhaled. “I expected more from you, Jung Yoonoh.”

He smiled bitterly. “Doesn’t everyone?” he murmured under his breath.

“What was that?” she asked, tilting her head.

“Oh? Nothing,” he replied.

He then lifted himself from the ground and trudged his way towards his seat beside Doyoung.

Even though he acts like it, Jaehyun wasn’t the most rebellious or careless student within the school. He wasn’t the type to rebel against anyone. He didn’t fit in with that type of group – he was too soft and kind to actually not care about anyone or anything.

As he sat, Doyoung nudged him on the elbow. “You’ll do better next time.” He smiled.

Jaehyun plopped his head on the table with a loud bang. “Don’t make me laugh,” he mumbled.

***

“We’ve hit the jackpot!”

Taeyong’s ears perked to the cheer of the young man. Knowing what was coming next, he rolled his eyes and plodded away from the crowd. He was pushed and shoved out of the way by the surrounding boys near him. They leaped and jumped in joy, glad that finally one of their plans worked. But Taeyong didn’t care. Honestly, he couldn’t care less.

“We’ve done it, boys! We’ve done it!” one of the boys shouted. He jumped off a stool and threw the money into the air. “Drinks on me tonight, guys!”

The boys shouted, “Yeah” and “Woo-hoo” while laughing in bliss for a deed that shouldn’t be rejoiced. Taeyong knew this all too well, yet he still felt the need to be happy for them. But his heart knew that he shouldn’t join them and their little money party.

One of the guys – who looked like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter