Chapter Three

Sempiternal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three

Drop a feather on the ground and it would be the only thing heard. The 10 students in the room didn’t even dare to look at one another. It was as if they were playing “who can play dead the best?” and they were all winning.

They all ended up in an abandoned classroom, with dusty old desks and creaky sounding chairs. It wasn’t the detention room; in fact, it hasn’t been a room for anything for the past 10 years. They all knew that; everyone knew that. It was what the room was infamous for.

The silence was interrupted by the familiar sound of the heels that brought terror all over the school. Then, when the door slammed open, their eyes perked up and one of them spoke.

“Principal Choi, there has to be some kind of mistake. I am the President of the School; I cannot be here,” Doyoung spoke as he stood from his chair, making a huge scene.

Everyone, including Jaehyun, rolled their eyes at Doyoung’s massive ego. Some scoffed at his arrogance, knowing that he’s never going to get anywhere with that attitude.

The Principal glared at Doyoung without saying a single word. Taking this as a signal, the boy quickly sat back down as regret filled his bones.

“You should really just give it a rest,” Jaehyun spoke as he nudged his elbow at Doyoung.

He nudged Jaehyun back. “Shut up.”

Seeing the two boys acting close, Yuta rolled his eyes and yawned. He wiped the tear that escaped his left eye, and nodded towards the Principal. “You understand that you’ve just started war, right?”

Principal Choi raised an eye brow. “Do you, Mr. Nakamoto, understand that you just spoke down to me?” she replied.

Gulping, he shot up from his chair and went for the ground, giving the Principal and proper bow. “I am so sorry!” he exclaimed.

“As expected of Yuta. Not knowing his words can have consequences, too,” Ten muttered, earning a slap from Yesol.

Rubbing his shoulder in pain, he gave Yesol a what-did-you-did-you-do-that-for kind of glare and cried, “Ow!”

“It’s true though!” he added.

“Doesn’t mean that you have to say it out loud!” Yesol replied.

“I wouldn’t be surprised,” Iseul chimed in.

In a light and gentle movement, Yuta softly threw his soccer ball to Iseul’s head.

She cocked her head to his direction. “What was that for?” she squealed.

“I’m going to let you think about it,” he replied with a smirk.

The brunette slammed her hands on the table and jolted from her chair. As she took a step forward, ready to march towards his direction, she was held back by Boeun. “You know better than this,” she said.

“He threw a soccer ball at me!” she shouted.

“And you should become the better person in this situation,” Boeun replied.

Yuta chuckled. “Yeah, be the better person for once in your life,” he mocked.

Iseul’s right eye twitched and her hands turned into tight fists. Ignoring Boeun’s advice, she stomped her way to Yuta and grabbed him by the collar. Boeun followed, trying her best to restrict Iseul from doing anything that would get her into more trouble. After all, Iseul is number 1 in every sport at SM High, so her stamina and strength are top notch.

Yuta didn’t move a figure or even tried to fight back physically. He let her hold him by the collar and shaking him around, but he fought back with his mouth instead of his fists – using all the horrible nicknames and comebacks he could think off.

Boeun clung onto Iseul, trying to take her away from Yuta, but she was too strong.

From the other side of the room, the only wealthy one out of the bunch, sighed at the soon-to-be monstrosity. “Why did Papa decide to take me to such a school?” she muttered to herself.

Her ego was huge. Bigger than Doyoung’s, and everyone in the room knew that. But Sarang would never think that she was snobby or narcissistic, not in the least bit. She was in denial of her negative side of her personality, and didn’t want to believe she was such a person. But everyone else saw right through her.

Then, out of now where, Areum – who was sitting behind Sarang – jolted from her seat, making her chair squeak across the floor. She then climbed onto the rustic desk and bellowed, “Yah! Kang Iseul! I’m your rival, not some stupid soccer player!”

“Who are you calling stupid?” Yuta called.

Areum leaped on each desks to get to where Iseul, Boeun and Yuta were. Along the way, she almost stepped on Jaehyun’s hand and nearly fell on Ten’s head. But she was sly, she strategically moved her way from desk to desk while avoiding the girls and the boy she loathed the most. Lee Taeyong.

Before she arrived at the wanted destination, she glanced over at Taeyong – who looked as if he didn’t have a care in the world for anything.

Areum couldn’t bother to make sense of him or even stop to take pick a miniature fight with him – something she would do to those she deeply hates. But she did what she would normally do, and just ignored him and his existence. After all, he did do something that, in her books, would make her act this way.

All Areum thought of now was picking a fight with the sportiest girl in school. She couldn’t care about anything else at the moment. And even though it didn’t look like it, she battled so many ideas in her thoughts that she decided to just do instead of think. All she wanted to do was to have a go at her former best friend.

“Iseul!” she called.

The bru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter